IF Dolphins Sign Wallace and Cook, Can Tannehill DELIVER???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IF Dolphins Sign Wallace and Cook, Can Tannehill DELIVER????

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Maybe I'm the party pooper this morning. We probably will sign Wallace (speed) and a TE (maybe Cook). Can Tannehill deliver the ball to them? After last season, I was NOT impressed with Tannehill's deep ball and decision making. He did try to force a lot of balls to Hartline and Fasano when other WR were open.
I'm afraid he will try to do the same with Wallace when Hartline, Bess, or even Miller in the backfield will be wide open.

Yes, we will improve from the worst WR corp in the league to one of the best in the league (People are severely underestimating Hartline as a # 2)
Yes, we will get speed,
Yes, we will have a running game since the safeties have to respect the speed of Wallace, but....... Can Tannehill deliver the goods???

great post. I think Miami signing Moore was insurance. I'd hate have to address the qb situation again. I hope Sherm and Philbin have been doing what they have to do with Tann to go through a 2nd year explosion

I think he will. If we can get Wallace and Cook that would make our team do much more explosive and exciting. Tannehill wasn't working with much, defenses were not afraid of what we had on offense and in my opinion Tannehill showed promise for a rookie. He did not have many starts in college and although he did look disappointing in a few aspects last year but again he was a rookie and I think he will improve. If we add Wallace AND Cook then I believe he will improve that much more.

If Tannehill sucks as bad as you think he does then it doesn't really matter who we sign as we'll be rebuilding in a few years anyway.

Look back at how average QBs are carried by talented recievers and running backs. Its a real non issue to me as Tannehill has an abundance of talent and we have yet to see it. Patience.

If Tannehill sucks as bad as you think he does then it doesn't really matter who we sign as we'll be rebuilding in a few years anyway.

No, it makes a big difference in finding out whether Tannehill truly sucks or not.

If Tannehill was sucking year after year with Hartline & Bess as his receivers, then fin fans would continue to hold on to the hope that it's not Tannehill's fault.

But if we surround Tannehill with top flight weapons like Wallace/Jennings/Cook, etc, and he sucks, then there are no excuses. We find out pretty quickly what we have in Tannehill.

Based on last year alone, Tannehill's long ball leaves alot to be desired. Need some lasers instead of all rainbows.

Signed: Spoiled by Dan

Tannehill can deliver. Can Sherman/Philbin come up with the right routes and play-calls to make it happen.

So sick of 3rd and 9 and it's a 10-yard square out that Hartline has to do a tap dance to make the catch. Virtually EVERY pass play across the middle or down the seam 15-20 is open for this team or any team that throws it. Beat the CB and underneath the safety. Oh, and make sure you don't stare down the receiver the entire pattern (Chad Henne).

Tannehill can deliver. Can Sherman/Philbin come up with the right routes and play-calls to make it happen.

So sick of 3rd and 9 and it's a 10-yard square out that Hartline has to do a tap dance to make the catch. Virtually EVERY pass play across the middle or down the seam 15-20 is open for this team or any team that throws it. Beat the CB and underneath the safety. Oh, and make sure you don't stare down the receiver the entire pattern (Chad Henne).
If we can get Reggie Bush off this team we will have a LOT fewer 3rd and 9s to worry about. People are going to be surprised at how much better this team becomes with a consistant running game. RT is going to have a much higher 3rd down conversion rate when he is trying to complete 3rd and 2s instead of 3rd and 10s. Add to that speed at the WR and TE position and suddenly Sherman is going to look like Bill Walsh, everything will start working.

To answer the OP I think we are not far enough into the process to really know yet. We all THINK RT is the real deal and is only a few years away from elite, but he still has a long way to go. More weapons puts a lot of pressure on him to produce. It might take more than half the season to really get on the same page with all the WRs. I DO think the reason Hartline is still here is because of RT. I think Ryan had a lot to do with him staying or leaving. I have no written evidence of this but I believe RT was consulted about how high his comfort zone was with Brian before they resigned him. At least now RT has one WR that he won't have to learn in this years training camp. The quicker he can get the rest of his weapons around him the better chance the offense can be successful this year. It takes time folks.

It's going to come down to Tannehill, if he doesn't develop these moves won't help much but the team is surrounding him with weapons which will increase his chances of success. You guys should be very excited for this season.

It's going to come down to Tannehill, if he doesn't develop these moves won't help much but the team is surrounding him with weapons which will increase his chances of success. You guys should be very excited for this season.

Agreed. Last year: no weapons. This year: Hopefully weapons. If there's regression, there are no excuses.

We won't find out until we actually get him some weapons, Wallace and Cook would sure will give us a look on what he can do. I hold judgement on labelling the franchise or a bust....I just thought with that WR core, he had no chance last season.

I hope we get another solid RB including at least Wallace or Jennings...

Back
Top Bottom