If Fangio isn't named DC were idiots! | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Fangio isn't named DC were idiots!

If he’s about to make an announcement, it won’t be with either of those teams
Until he actually signs with a team, he can always wait to see what else opens up in the next few weeks.
‘Just because there are reports stating he is about to make his decision known doesn’t mean it’s true.

Because if reports of something about to happen in the NFL was always true. The Dolphins QB would be Watson and Tua would likely be the QB of another team in the NFL.

Until he actually signs with a team, he can always wait to see what else opens up in the next few weeks.
‘Just because there are reports stating he is about to make his decision known doesn’t mean it’s true.

Because if reports of something about to happen in the NFL was always true. The Dolphins QB would be Watson and Tua would likely be the QB of another team in the NFL.
Understood, just trying to read the tea leaves. You really seem to be talking yourself out of this one

Understood, just trying to read the tea leaves. You really seem to be talking yourself out of this one
I am just trying to be realistic. I want Fangio to be the next Dolphins DC but I understand that he is the top DC out there and every team looking for a new DC would love to hire him.

I think the Dolphins chances of hiring him are better if the Eagles and 49ers don’t lose their DC’s but reports are that Ryans is going to be hired by the Broncos or Texans. So the 49ers seem like they will need a new DC and reports are that Fangio would like to work with Shanahan.

He is already working as a consultant with the Eagles. So he knows the players, coaches, and the front office. If the Eagles DC is hired as a HC, it only makes sense that Fangio would be their first choice to be their next DC.

So as much as I hope he takes the DC position with the Dolphins. He hasn’t signed with them yet and the longer it takes for him to decide where he wants to coach next year, his opportunities will likely only increase as more DC positions become available.

Last edited:
I’m guessing it might be time to merge this thread with the other “want Vic” thread. I only want him if we are his first choice. All up to him, we only get the fun of discussing him. 😹

When you look at what Miami has on defense I think this is a great spot for a DC.

While the team had injuries, the core group should easily be top 15 maybe top 10. A good DC will see that.

But, obviously there are other factors to consider. I want Fangio. Does he want to come to Miami? I'm sure he'll have his pick.

I am just trying to be realistic. I want Fangio to be the next Dolphins DC but I understand that he is the top DC out there and every team looking for a new DC would love to hire him.

I think the Dolphins chances of hiring him are better if the Eagles and 49ers don’t lose their DC’s but reports are that Ryans is going to be hired by the Broncos or Texans. So the 49ers seem like they will need a new DC and reports are that Fangio would like to work with Shanahan.

He is already working as a consultant with the Eagles. So he knows the players, coaches, and the front office. If the Eagles DC is hired as a HC, it only makes sense that Fangio would be their first choice to be their next DC.

So as much as I hope he takes the DC position with the Dolphins. He hasn’t signed with them yet and the longer it takes for him to decide where he wants to coach next year, his opportunities will likely only increase as more DC positions become available.
Gannon is staying with the Eagles, he already stated that. If Fangio is waiting for Ryans to see if he leaves and he doesn't, what does he do if the other teams have all moved on by that point? I'd tell Fangio we need a decision by Monday. If we're his first choice, he will sign, if he says I can't give you an answer by Monday, you know he is waiting on someone else and we make an offer to Desai on Monday. Need to call his cards. I don't want a coach who views us as a consolation prize if another situation doesn't come to fruition. **** or get off the pot. He's a good D coordinator, but it's not like you're waiting on an answer from Shula here...

Gannon is staying with the Eagles, he already stated that. If Fangio is waiting for Ryans to see if he leaves and he doesn't, what does he do if the other teams have all moved on by that point? I'd tell Fangio we need a decision by Monday. If we're his first choice, he will sign, if he says I can't give you an answer by Monday, you know he is waiting on someone else and we make an offer to Desai on Monday. Need to call his cards. I don't want a coach who views us as a consolation prize if another situation doesn't come to fruition. **** or get off the pot. He's a good D coordinator, but it's not like you're waiting on an answer from Shula here...
Fangio is my first choice, but 13marino13 is spot on. I give him until Monday evening and then go Desai Tuesday morning.

option a and b are both serious upgrades.

Fangio is my first choice, but 13marino13 is spot on. I give him until Monday evening and then go Desai Tuesday morning.

option a and b are both serious upgrades.
He's mine also James, but I certainly wouldn't let someone hold us hostage and then inevitably not sign with us. That's embarrassing to the franchise. We should be calling the shots, not him. We put our best effort forward and if he really wants to be here, he will sign, if not we move forward with our second choice...

Our owner literally talked to Watson on the phone trying to get the deal done...there's a fair amount of truth to a lot of reports, where people get in trouble is confusing speculation with information, and extrapolating that something is going to happen because its a possibility.

Fangio has his pick of jobs. Us being idiots has nothing to do with it. In fact, just the reports he's our leading candidate suggests otherwise. He's still my top choice for the job.

Ok we brought our guy in. I'm sure money isn't going to be an issue or scheme.
So the Dolphins have an easy decision to make. However,if they F this up I will lose all confidence I have in this organization.
Ummm, he might not want to come here, especially to work for ears McForfeit 1st round picks. Slow your roll, weak sauce.

Back
Top Bottom