If Fangio isn't named DC were idiots! | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Fangio isn't named DC were idiots!

Every GM makes mistakes and hindsight is always 100%. Yet when you look at the overall talent he has on this years Eagles roster. You have to give him a lot of credit.
I definitely do but they were two biggies
Fans wanted him run out of town

Lisa Simpson GIF by The Simpsons

I saw that tweet yesterday. The Donatell thing makes it seem like a troll post. But who knows
Donatell has worked with Fangio with the Broncos, Bears, and 49ers. So him ending up coaching with Fangio makes a lot of sense. Yet that certainly doesn’t mean they will end up coaching with the Dolphins next season.

I am always wary of someone just posting a comment as if they have inside information what is happening inside the Dolphin organization, regarding contract negotiations between the organization and the players or coaches.

I definitely do but they were two biggies
Fans wanted him run out of town
That was then. I assume they are singing a different tune now that the Eagles are favorites to win the SB. Of course if they lose to the 49ers or in the SB, I imagine Eagle fans will be calling for his head again.

Eagle fans are mostly bipolar when it comes to their team. They can go from love to hate in one play. Unfortunately we have a few of those type fans on here.

Lets hope he improves on this. A big reason Boyer failed.

Unfortunately with all the injuries in the secondary and LB’s who couldn’t cover in the pass game, receivers were open very quickly against the Dolphins defense. It’s hard to get a lot of pressure on the passer when he has open receivers all over the field.

I agree Boyer should have changed the defense to account for the obvious weakness in pass coverage but getting LB’s who are better in pass coverage and a healthy secondary should improve the ability to apply pressure next season under the new DC.

Unfortunately with all the injuries in the secondary and LB’s who couldn’t cover in the pass game, receivers were open very quickly against the Dolphins defense. It’s hard to get a lot of pressure on the passer when he has open receivers all over the field.

I agree Boyer should have changed the defense to account for the obvious weakness in pass coverage but getting LB’s who are better in pass coverage and a healthy secondary should improve the ability to apply pressure next season under the new DC.
Hard to have a LB be better in pass coverage when the DC is blitzing them constantly.

Hard to have a LB be better in pass coverage when the DC is blitzing them constantly.
While I agree. I think they blitz them as much as they did because they realized their LB’s are really weak in pass coverage.

When they didn’t blitz Baker, he always seemed to be running several steps behind the receiver he was suppose to be covering.

Chubb and Phillips just aren’t strong in pass coverage and are relied on more as outside pass rushers and run stoppers. Right now they just don’t have a LB on the roster who appears to be effective in pass coverage.
Tindall was suppose to be fast enough to cover receivers out of the backfield but he just wasn’t ready to play this past season. Hopefully he will be much better next season.

While I agree. I think they blitz them as much as they did because they realized their LB’s are really weak in pass coverage.

When they didn’t blitz Baker, he always seemed to be running several steps behind the receiver he was suppose to be covering.

Chubb and Phillips just aren’t strong in pass coverage and are relied on more as outside pass rushers and run stoppers. Right now they just don’t have a LB on the roster who appears to be effective in pass coverage.
Tindall was suppose to be fast enough to cover receivers out of the backfield but he just wasn’t ready to play this past season. Hopefully he will be much better next season.
I think you may be laying too much blame on the LB's.

Back
Top Bottom