If Fangio isn't named DC were idiots! | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Fangio isn't named DC were idiots!

It’s funny you mention their DC, he’s not a fan favorite and was easily the target of Eagles fans ire most of the season. Starting with the Lions just destroying them on opening day with 4 straight TDs in the second half, that saw the Eagles narrowly escape one of the only quality teams they played all season.

Not that they could really face any quality teams in the NFC other than SF.

Same Eagles team that squeezed out wins against teams picking 1,2,3 and 4th in the draft by an average of 5 points.

The same Houston Texans team we were up 30-0 at half time is the same team that ran them over for 3 quarters before losing steam in the fourth quarter.

1 point win over the Colts.
3 point win over the Cardinals
5 point win over the Bears

They lost to the Commanders.

The Giants and Cowboys proved to absolute jokes.

Jalen Hurts has been great and all but their record was superficial.

If you haven’t guessed, I live in the Philly.
I only mentioned their DC because what happens with him probably affects the Dolphins. Because I think there is a good chance Fangio takes the Eagles DC job if it becomes available.
You obviously follow the Eagle far more than I do. Their win this past weekend was the first time I actually watched them play all season.

They appeared to be an excellent team in that game but I also think the 49ers are a very good team. So I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the 49ers beat the Eagles this Sunday.

Most of what I know about the Eagles is what I have read and heard about them over this past season. Most of what I read and heard was they were one of the best teams in the league and probably the best team in the NFC. Since they are in the NFC championship game, they have shown these statements to be true.

Personally I expect the winner of the AFC championship to win the SB but I give credit to all four teams to making it to the final 4 while the players and coaches of the other 28 teams are sitting at home instead of playing this weekend.

As far as the Cowboys and Giants being jokes are concerned. Obviously the entire NFC must be a joke since the Giants and Cowboys made the playoffs and the Giants beat the Vikings in week one of the playoffs.

I notice that you pointed out the close scores of some of the Eagles games. I happen to be one of those individuals that doesn’t care if my team wins by 1 or 100. All I care about is the win and the score is irrelevant to me.

It‘s hard to win any game in the NFL. So how much the team I root for wins by is great to me because they won the game.

The Dolphins losing to the Jets, Patriots, Packers and an injury riddled Chargers team was just as bad as the Eagles losing to Washington, IMO. So losing to any team in the NFL is possible for any team on any given game day.

I only mentioned their DC because what happens with him probably affects the Dolphins. Because I think there is a good chance Fangio takes the Eagles DC job if it becomes available.
You obviously follow the Eagle far more than I do. Their win this past weekend was the first time I actually watched them play all season.

They appeared to be an excellent team in that game but I also think the 49ers are a very good team. So I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the 49ers beat the Eagles this Sunday.

Most of what I know about the Eagles is what I have read and heard about them over this past season. Most of what I read and heard was they were one of the best teams in the league and probably the best team in the NFC. Since they are in the NFC championship game, they have shown these statements to be true.

Personally I expect the winner of the AFC championship to win the SB but I give credit to all four teams to making it to the final 4 while the players and coaches of the other 28 teams are sitting at home instead of playing this weekend.

As far as the Cowboys and Giants being jokes are concerned. Obviously the entire NFC must be a joke since the Giants and Cowboys made the playoffs and the Giants beat the Vikings in week one of the playoffs.

I notice that you pointed out the close scores of some of the Eagles games. I happen to be one of those individuals that doesn’t care if my team wins by 1 or 100. All I care about is the win and the score is irrelevant to me.

It‘s hard to win any game in the NFL. So how much the team I root for wins by is great to me because they won the game.

The Dolphins losing to the Jets, Patriots, Packers and an injury riddled Chargers team was just as bad as the Eagles losing to Washington, IMO. So losing to any team in the NFL is possible for any team on any given game day.

The entire NFC is a joke, outside of Philly, SF and Detroit.

Eagles or Niners could easily win a SB this year, just like KC or Cincy could. It’s incredible how even these teams are. Eagles and SF have better rosters than KC or Cincy but the greatness of the two AFC QBs might be insurmountable.

I think that stems from the fact that no team is really great anymore. And really, no one has been great for a few years, to your point about parody.

Also though, we need to be able to run the football the way the 4 remaining teams can run the football, especially at the end of games. We blew leads these 4 teams don’t.

If I am already an idiot...what next?

Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

The entire NFC is a joke, outside of Philly, SF and Detroit.

Eagles or Niners could easily win a SB this year, just like KC or Cincy could. It’s incredible how even these teams are. Eagles and SF have better rosters than KC or Cincy but the greatness of the two AFC QBs might be insurmountable.

I think that stems from the fact that no team is really great anymore. And really, no one has been great for a few years, to your point about parody.

Also though, we need to be able to run the football the way the 4 remaining teams can run the football, especially at the end of games. We blew leads these 4 teams don’t.
While the Cowboys are one of the teams I can’t stand. I think they are better than Detroit. The Lions played well over the latter part of the season but I just don’t see them as one of the best teams in the NFC.

I actually thought that Carolina was better than the Lions over the latter part of the season and Carolina beating the Lions in week 15 seemed to show that. Of course as you noted, the NFC overall was not that good this past season.

Sure miss Ole Bill Arnsparger
Arnsparger was the best DC I have ever seen. He was far ahead of his time and Shula’s best defensive teams over his head coaching career were teams with Arnsparger as his DC.

The only comparable DC to Arnsparger over the past 50 years was Belichick. The best teams
Parcells ever had were teams Belichick was the teams DC and Parcells was just an average HC when Belichick wasn’t his DC.

Arnsparger was the best DC I have ever seen. He was far ahead of his time and Shula’s best defensive teams over his head coaching career were teams with Arnsparger as his DC.

The only comparable DC to Arnsparger over the past 50 years was Belichick. The best teams
Parcells ever had were teams Belichick was the teams DC and Parcells was just an average HC when Belichick wasn’t his DC.
Reminds me of Fangio kinda in not a good head coach but a great defensive coach

Reminds me of Fangio kinda in not a good head coach but a great defensive coach
Arnsparger just didn’t have the makeup of a head coach. He was great at designing defenses for each game but I don’t think he was ever comfortable having to manage all the players, coaches and the other responsibilities of a head coach.
I was surprised when he left the Dolphins after returning As the teams DC after his head coaching job with the Giants. Going to be the head coach at LSU and then leaving to become an administrator at the University of Florida seemed out of character to me.
When he did return to the NFL, he took the DC job with the Chargers and they made the SB with him as the teams DC.

He retired due to health reasons but I always wondered if he and Shula had an issue which caused him to take the jobs at LSU, The University of Florida, and then with the Chargers.

The Dolphins had an excellent offense during the years Arnsparger was with the Chargers but he would have certainly produced a better defense for the Dolphins during those years.

While he was probably paid more at LSU and the University of Florida than he would have been paid as the DC of the Dolphins. I was surprised at the time that he took the job with the Chargers instead of returning to the Dolphins.

If the Dolphins don't land Fangio, I dont think I can blame them. He is obviously their first choice and they have the defensive tools to excite a coach like Fangio. It's really up to what he wants to do and the Eagles are also potentially a really enticing team. If they don't get him, it's not really anything the team did wrong, just his personal choice. I think it's 50/50 he comes here.

I really don’t love our alternatives if Fangio chooses somewhere else.

Desai spent two years as a position coach then one year as a DC. In his one season as DC, he had the 22nd ranked scoring defense for a 6-11 team, and that was with a lot of talent—including Robert Quinn, Roquan Smith, Eddie Jackson, partial years from Khalil Mack and Akiem Hicks, etc. In Seattle, he wasn’t DC and wasn’t playcaller.

Kris Richard is also meh. He’s been available for 5 years if anyone wanted him as a DC, and nobody did. He got fired from his last job as defensive play-caller.

And Campanile is a joke. Guy is barely qualified for his current position as an NFL position coach, and the inside linebackers have sucked under him (granted, he has very little to work with). No chance he should be DC.

Long story short, I really hope we get Fangio.

If you look at the starters on the Eagles, he has actually done a very good job with his draft picks in recent years and he has been effective with his trades and free agent pick ups.

Many in the media say the Eagles have the most talented roster in the league right now and that certainly shows that Howie has done an excellent job for the Eagles.
With a first year coach no less. As fatty Parcells says, you are what your record says you are. In this case, damn good.

I really don’t love our alternatives if Fangio chooses somewhere else.

Desai spent two years as a position coach then one year as a DC. In his one season as DC, he had the 22nd ranked scoring defense for a 6-11 team, and that was with a lot of talent—including Robert Quinn, Roquan Smith, Eddie Jackson, partial years from Khalil Mack and Akiem Hicks, etc. In Seattle, he wasn’t DC and wasn’t playcaller.

Kris Richard is also meh. He’s been available for 5 years if anyone wanted him as a DC, and nobody did. He got fired from his last job as defensive play-caller.

And Campanile is a joke. Guy is barely qualified for his current position as an NFL position coach, and the inside linebackers have sucked under him (granted, he has very little to work with). No chance he should be DC.

Long story short, I really hope we get Fangio.
Well, when you put it THAT way….. Consider Ross got his dose of the Rooney rule. I’m sure Flo will bitch should the Fins hire Fangio.

Disagree, we’re obviously making a push for him. If he doesn’t want it he doesn’t want it. Can’t change an almost 80 year olds mind for a few extra bucks imo. Phl seems like a good gig if he doesn’t want a complete life change so it’s all on him not us.
Come on people. He’s 64.

Back
Top Bottom