If Fangio isn't named DC were idiots! | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Fangio isn't named DC were idiots!

I really don’t love our alternatives if Fangio chooses somewhere else.

Desai spent two years as a position coach then one year as a DC. In his one season as DC, he had the 22nd ranked scoring defense for a 6-11 team, and that was with a lot of talent—including Robert Quinn, Roquan Smith, Eddie Jackson, partial years from Khalil Mack and Akiem Hicks, etc. In Seattle, he wasn’t DC and wasn’t playcaller.

Kris Richard is also meh. He’s been available for 5 years if anyone wanted him as a DC, and nobody did. He got fired from his last job as defensive play-caller.

And Campanile is a joke. Guy is barely qualified for his current position as an NFL position coach, and the inside linebackers have sucked under him (granted, he has very little to work with). No chance he should be DC.

Long story short, I really hope we get Fangio.
22nd ranked scoring defense, but 6th in yards. The points were a problem because the offense was an abomination, but with key injuries to that defense they still stopped teams from moving the ball.

Ok we brought our guy in. I'm sure money isn't going to be an issue or scheme.
So the Dolphins have an easy decision to make. However,if they F this up I will lose all confidence I have in this organization.

This doesn't quite work like the draft. They can't MAKE him take the job.

Fangio is waiting on philly. He interviewed for miami because the philly job might not happen. His BEST superbowl shot for now is philly. You cant blame fangio for that.

Maybe his wife doesnt want to leave pennsylvania and family and is hoping for the philly job? To many factors beyond griers control. But i believe if gannon stays in philly vic is ours.

What i hope doesnt happen is they wait to long and we lose desai also. I love the fangio scheme so no vic then desai is my choice.

Scranton is to Philly as Ocala is to Miami.

While the Cowboys are one of the teams I can’t stand. I think they are better than Detroit. The Lions played well over the latter part of the season but I just don’t see them as one of the best teams in the NFC.

I actually thought that Carolina was better than the Lions over the latter part of the season and Carolina beating the Lions in week 15 seemed to show that. Of course as you noted, the NFC overall was not that good this past season.

There’s no question the Lions have a brighter future and a more talented roster than Dallas. Detroit has a very strong OL, talented group of WRs and RBs and the soon to be DROY. Dallas is a sinking ship.

I love some of Carolina’s defensive pieces but you can’t really get too excited about their future until they make some strides on O.

I’d buy Detroit Lions stock all day. As well as Chicago Bears stock. Both of those teams will make noise next year. I am glad we played them both this past season.

Scranton is to Philly as Ocala is to Miami.
Perhaps but Philadelphia is certainly much closer to Scranton than Miami is.

The reality is if he and his wife prefer living in Pennsylvania and the Eagles offer him the position of DC, he will take that job.

If he prefers the Dolphins DC position or a DC position with another team that offers the job, he will take one of those offers.

He has the option of going to any team that offers him a DC position. While we as Dolphin fans hope he decides to take the Dolphin DC position, we just have to wait and see where he ends up.

Perhaps but Philadelphia is certainly much closer to Scranton than Miami is.

The reality is if he and his wife prefer living in Pennsylvania and the Eagles offer him the position of DC, he will take that job.

If he prefers the Dolphins DC position or a DC position with another team that offers the job, he will take one of those offers.

He has the option of going to any team that offers him a DC position. While we as Dolphin fans hope he decides to take the Dolphin DC position, we just have to wait and see where he ends up.

He's been back in PA since October. Before that, he hadn't had a coaching gig anywhere near there in almost 30 years.

This is a weird conversation. Why would he prefer PA?

He's been back in PA since October. Before that, he hadn't had a coaching gig anywhere near there in almost 30 years.

This is a weird conversation. Why would he prefer PA?
He and his wife were originally from Pennsylvania. I assume he has family in the state and he is probably looking for his last job before he retires from coaching.

Obviously he will have several opportunities to be the DC of teams around the country. Yet when he decided to take the 2022 season off, he returned to Pennsylvania to live and when he was offered the consultant job with the Eagles it allowed him to stay just a few hours from his home.

While he can obviously decide to come to Miami or to any other team that offers him a job. He has spent the last season with the Eagles and he obviously knows the players, the coaches and the front office staff.

There is always the possibility the present DC of the Eagles remains with the team after this season and there is no DC position available for Fangio. I just think that if
he is offered the DC job with the Eagles, he would take that job over any other offer.
Personally I hope he is the next Dolphins DC but It’s his decision and I’m sure he will make the decision that he feels is the most comfortable fit for him and his wife.

"Maybe his wife doesn't want to leave Pennsylvania" doesn't really mean a lot if you're referencing his Scranton roots. Philly's a completely different animal.
Found out he is not married. Has a girlfriend in los angelas. Read a report where it says demeco ryan is sure to get one of the hc jobs and fangio loves the shanahan way and has made mention of wanting to reunite in san fran. Thats closer to his girl than miami. Scranton is MUCH closer to philly than miami so my point stands on merritt. Whatever fangio decides and why he decides it i feel miami is outside looking in at san fran and the eagles.

Found out he is not married. Has a girlfriend in los angelas. Read a report where it says demeco ryan is sure to get one of the hc jobs and fangio loves the shanahan way and has made mention of wanting to reunite in san fran. Thats closer to his girl than miami. Scranton is MUCH closer to philly than miami so my point stands on merritt. Whatever fangio decides and why he decides it i feel miami is outside looking in at san fran and the eagles.
His mother lives in FL and isn't well so Miami has that going for them

Back
Top Bottom