If Fins pass on RB in First | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Fins pass on RB in First

mattgilm

Island Dolphin
Reaction score
Where do you think we would select a RB that could contribute soon? If we select a WR or a QB in the first, and we have a second for surtain- we could get A WR like Chris Henery or Matt smith in the second or a QB like Campbell or Frye. In the third round the Fins could draft Barber or Arrington? Fins could draft Morency in the second If Saban really wants a RB.:evil:

There's plenty for Saban to choose from (I think your picks for the 3rd round are a little low for those guys though). I'd like to see Sproles taken by Miami. Maybe Moats if he's there at our picks.

I think if the Fins go QB in the 1st we will try and get another RB in the 3rd. This to me seems like the most likely option. I think they will trust Gordon or Morris to carry the ball, more than AJ to handle the ball after last year.

If we do go RB I look for us to pick up the QB in the 3rd. Somebody like Greene or Orton would probably be a likely option, also LeFevors may also drop to the 3rd even though I think he will go in the 2nd.

If you are going to take a gamble on a player that you dont know much about your not going to take that gamble on your QB. Them bringing Gus in though may counteract my thinking behind the whole draft, but I just dont think you take the chance on a QB after watching last years season. The biggest defense that you see of Feeley is how bad the O-Line was last year. David Carr, the worst O-Line in NFL history the most sacks given up, he threw 15 INT's in 16 games. Feeley threw 15 in 11. You dont take the risk of a franchise on somebody like that.

if we somehow get three first day picks and thats it we need to go offense with all three. If we get 4 we need to grab a safety or a linebacker. Or if only 3 and one has to be D we need an RB and QB

TeeMoney said:
There's plenty for Saban to choose from (I think your picks for the 3rd round are a little low for those guys though). I'd like to see Sproles taken by Miami. Maybe Moats if he's there at our picks.
TeeMoney...is that Thom York in your sig?

Shamboubou said:
. The biggest defense that you see of Feeley is how bad the O-Line was last year. David Carr, the worst O-Line in NFL history the most sacks given up, he threw 15 INT's in 16 games. Feeley threw 15 in 11. You dont take the risk of a franchise on somebody like that.

Yeah but Carr has shown from day one that he looks to be a guy that can take them places. Every year they seem to be better and better. And remember they beat us when we should have beat them.

TeeMoney said:

Speaking of Sproles, the more footage I watch of that guy the more amazed I am. I play RB and I am only 5'7, I was told all through my career that I had the skill but not the size to go to the highest level, and eventually it just sunk in and (combined with an all star gae injury after my senior year) I listened and stopped playing (for 2 years anyway, now I'm working on a comeback) and I tell you, seeing Sproles play is a HUGE inspiration. I'm not talking like life-changing or anything cliche like that, but just from someone in the same position as him, knowing he was prolly told all along he was too small to make it to the big time. Being a small back, not a big guy like a Brown or Benson type, I too relied on my ability to make people miss, so watching this guy run is not only inspiring, but it just amazes me. I know how hard the game and the position is, and the things Sporles does, and the creativity he shows in his running, combined with his size, and a few times I have even seen him take a hit from a big guy and manage to stay up and gain more, it's just amazing. This is the same thing that made me pur Caddy before Ronnie on y list, I just love the way they run and personally, if not Benson, I would prefer Caddy to be a dolphin than Ronnie.

Agent51,

I agree with the Caddy over Brown sentiment. I'm sure Linehan would get good use out of either if they are the pick, but- well, you know.

Good luck with your comeback, maybe you should try some steriods?

If we don't go RB in the first, the only way I'll ever forgive Saban is if he picks up J.J. Arrington

TeeMoney said:
Agent51,

I agree with the Caddy over Brown sentiment. I'm sure Linehan would get good use out of either if they are the pick, but- well, you know.

Good luck with your comeback, maybe you should try some steriods?

Haha, no way man, I've always believed if I'm not good enough to do it on my own then what's the point in cheating, cuz if I succeed its not really ME succeeding, its my extra advantage. Thanks for the wishes though, I'm working out this whole year and Gonna try to walk on at SDSU next season, if not, gonna go out for semi-pro

HysterikiLL said:
If we don't go RB in the first, the only way I'll ever forgive Saban is if he picks up J.J. Arrington

JJ in round 1?

*EDIT* ooops, sorry, I misread it, thought it said "if we go RB in the first........." but then I saw "DON'T"

Agent51 said:
Speaking of Sproles, the more footage I watch of that guy the more amazed I am. I play RB and I am only 5'7, I was told all through my career that I had the skill but not the size to go to the highest level, and eventually it just sunk in and (combined with an all star gae injury after my senior year) I listened and stopped playing (for 2 years anyway, now I'm working on a comeback) and I tell you, seeing Sproles play is a HUGE inspiration. I'm not talking like life-changing or anything cliche like that, but just from someone in the same position as him, knowing he was prolly told all along he was too small to make it to the big time. Being a small back, not a big guy like a Brown or Benson type, I too relied on my ability to make people miss, so watching this guy run is not only inspiring, but it just amazes me. I know how hard the game and the position is, and the things Sporles does, and the creativity he shows in his running, combined with his size, and a few times I have even seen him take a hit from a big guy and manage to stay up and gain more, it's just amazing. This is the same thing that made me pur Caddy before Ronnie on y list, I just love the way they run and personally, if not Benson, I would prefer Caddy to be a dolphin than Ronnie.

You're lucky man, I don't think 5'7'' is too small for a RB. All my life I wanted to play tailback but I'm 6'7'' so I was kinda slated at a lineman. Oh well :D

Agent51 said:
JJ in round 1?

*EDIT* ooops, sorry, I misread it, thought it said "if we go RB in the first........." but then I saw "DON'T"

Word through the mill is Arizona want to take him in the second so we'd probably have to get the Tampa trade to work.

DAMN THAT *&#e@#$%ing A.J. trade!!

HysterikiLL said:
You're lucky man, I don't think 5'7'' is too small for a RB. All my life I wanted to play tailback but I'm 6'7'' so I was kinda slated at a lineman. Oh well :D

Holy crap dude, imagine a 6'7 TB!?!?!?! you could be like Benson but like, more *** kicking! I too did not think it was too small, and it wasn't in high school, lol. I was planning on going on to play in college but I got SUPER discouraged when blew out my knee and all that down time got me thinking about the "too small" thing and I started to think "well, if everyone said I'm 'too small' to play at a higher lever anyway, why go through HELL rehabbing my knee to playing strength again if I'm too small to play anyway?" I regret that now, because graduated in 2002 and could be in uniform right now, but I took the very uncharictaristic "negative" approach to it and it cost me a few years. IDK if anyone here plays or played and has had a bad injury like that, but you ca be the most optimistic person ever and something like that brings you RIGHT down real quick. Anyway, that woulda been so badass if you were a 6'7 RB. Were you quick, and what did you weight? Maybe you should tried DB, or S, or hell, even WR. Imaging the mismatches THAT would create. My best friend is 6'5 and he played TE/WR/LB. When he got a look and was matched up against a 5'8 DB, there was no contest

Back
Top Bottom