If Fins sign starting RG/RT, DE/OLB, and FS via FA. Would you trade up for RG3? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Fins sign starting RG/RT, DE/OLB, and FS via FA. Would you trade up for RG3?

DcRy82

Active Roster
Reaction score
I know that some people don't like RG3 at all. I think some people would like to have him, but not give up the necessary draft picks (which is the category I fall in). And I think some people would trade everything for him no matter what. So my question is mostly to those who are leery of trading up or drafting him period.
If the Fins could sign a starting RG or RT, pass rusher, and a FS, would you be OK with trading up for RG3?

Ex. Would signing Carl Nicks, John Abraham, and Reggie Nelson fill enough holes for you to consider trading picks to get RGIII?

Not sure we can even afford Nicks at this time since he said he wants to be paid more than
Jahari Evans who has a seven-year, $56.7 million contract.

We need to sign a QB which will cost us $$$$$$
We need to sign all our draft picks plus restructure a few of the players below

Next season will be the final year with Long,Wake,Bush,Fasano,Starks,Matt Moore,Garner,Cook,
Trusnic,Fields,Smith,Clemons,Hartline,McDaniels,Bell,Wallace and Marlon Moore

Nicks & Nelson will want BIG if not max deals. I find it hard to believe we could fill all 3 positions and have enough cap room to sign all of our draft picks. Doesnt seem realistic to me cap wise.

I like RG3 as a player but his size worries me. He is a SMALL 6'2" 215lbs. I just dont think that holds up in the NFL with his style of play.

I was also going on the assumption that we may make some cuts and hopefully some guys will restructure. I know Nicks will want a want (based on the rotoworld report I read today), but I didnt think Nelson would. And I also thought Abraham would be affordable. But the name that I mentioned aside, are there any 3 FA the we could sign that would make people feel comfortable trading up?

The thing with Robert Griffin III is I feel he has barely scratched his potential. Under a coach like Joe Philibin who knows offense it's downright scary to think what Griffin might become. All you really have to do is look at the super bowl winners the last decade and see names like Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Big Ben, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers -- those are the best quarterbacks in football. So the answer from me is yes I'd trade up, but you've also got to establish how far you will go and the most you will give up. You've also got to determine what else is out there and what you think of Ryan Tannehill and Brandon Weeden. Those two, in particular, won't cost nearly as much and could turn out to be franchise quarterbacks. I might also put feelers out to some veterans and see if teams are willing to deal. Would San Diego part with Phillip Rivers for two #1's and a #2? Just an example, but questions to be answered since you never know with draft picks.

Back
Top Bottom