If Flores Is Hired, What Will Our Base Defense Be? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Flores Is Hired, What Will Our Base Defense Be?

endorPHINS72

Restore the greatness!
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
It sounds as if Brian Flores will be the next head coach of the Miami Dolphins. Being from the Belichick school of defense, I wonder if he runs the 4-2-5/3-4/4-3 hybrid Patriots scheme in Miami. If so, we need some big space-eaters on the D-Line, pass-rushing OLBs, and ILBs that can stuff the run.

Our base defense will be ummm and ahhh like the coach speaks so it’ll be indecisive and a mix off all.

I don’t dislike the man, I don’t know the man. I dislike the decision to put and indecisive person in charge.

Okay, well move on. The question wasn't "what do you feel about Flores", there is a megathread with all the venting you need. The question was about our base defense moving forward.

Onto the question, I have ALWAYS been a BASE 4-3 or Nickel guy myself, so I'm a little biased. I don't think that our DT's on our roster would make good 3-4 DE's, and Quinn has already showed he can't be a good 3-4 OLB. With that being said, I think with a complete rebuild it could be beneficial to switch it over (VETS like Ziggy Hood on roster to help with transition).

I agree that a 4-3 base defense is a good start for a rebuild. And considering we need as much help at LB as possible still, 3-4 would not be ideal. Although, would guys like Branch and Harris work in that scheme assuming we keep them since they fit the mold of the outside LB’s in a 3-4 at 250lbs? I guess it will all depend on how our new coaches value their skill set and who they keep. I certainly have no idea what any of these guys can do outside of what I have personally seen. I do like what I saw from Hood, Giodahaux and Taylor so far for interior guys moving forward.

I agree that a 4-3 base defense is a good start for a rebuild. And considering we need as much help at LB as possible still, 3-4 would not be ideal. Although, would guys like Branch and Harris work in that scheme assuming we keep them since they fit the mold of the outside LB’s in a 3-4 at 250lbs? I guess it will all depend on how our new coaches value their skill set and who they keep. I certainly have no idea what any of these guys can do outside of what I have personally seen. I do like what I saw from Hood, Giodahaux and Taylor so far for interior guys moving forward.
Charles Harris would definitely benefit in a 3-4 defense. He played that a good bit in college and he would have a lot more space and flexibility to work his “moves”, IMO.

Our base defense will be ummm and ahhh like the coach speaks so it’ll be indecisive and a mix off all.

so Belichick is a chatty cathy doll right?

I swear some FH posters treat the NFL like its fantasy football or a popularity contest

I don't know if Flores will be a great HC but he doesn't have to be gregarious and wide open to
be that. I don't care if he tells you **** as long as he wins and his players dig him

My preference is 4-3. I think its easier to find players to plug in. 3-4 would require wholesale changes at line, and LB.

We just have so many needs, with no depth as it is, Is it even realistic this year?

At the beginning of TC last year, I thought our secondary was a strength, then it wasn't. We have holes everywhere.

I know this is off topic, bet I have a little Philbin queasiness at the moment. Our team has been mismanaged so badly, to the point of being negligence, that our cupboard is bare.

Back
Top Bottom