If Foster/Reddick are off the board by #22 - list your TOP 5. | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Foster/Reddick are off the board by #22 - list your TOP 5.

My top 5 - who would you take? Please post your own top5 below.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a sneaky suspicion we're going Nickel heavy for defense this year. I think we can scrap G, TE, and LB from the first few rounds.

S, CB, and/or hybrid secondary defender are going to be our early targets. DE will be in consideration if a really good player falls.

How about S Obi Melifonwu on the first round trading down to the bottom of the first. To me he looks like a safety you can put against TEs and slot WRs. If somehow we could get DT Vincent Taylor on the second round and DE Tanoh Kpassagnon on the third round and use the extra pick from moving down on a G or LB I would be very happy.

How about S Obi Melifonwu on the first round trading down to the bottom of the first. To me he looks like a safety you can put against TEs and slot WRs. If somehow we could get DT Vincent Taylor on the second round and DE Tanoh Kpassagnon on the third round and use the extra pick from moving down on a G or LB I would be very happy.

He's discussed at some length in post #234 and on:

http://www.finheaven.com/showthread...s-etc)&p=1065992659&viewfull=1-post1065992659

It's hard not to like Watt and his motor and intensity. We need that on D. But we need a DE too. Just seems like he could end up being a difference maker you wish you drafted. Big upside as he is still fairly inexperienced at LB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why, but I'm turned off by this OLB/ DE idea in a Watt or Bowser. I don't reallu want a guy that's gonna play SAM on first and then go play DE on 2nd and 3rd. If we're taking a linebacker, I want a 3 down lb that's gonna cover, hit, force turnovers and blitz. Is Watt or Bowser versatile enough to cover and stay at LB in the nickel to cover? Because we need a coverage lb BADLY. Jarrad Davis or Cunningham instead?
I'd really rather have a pass rushing beast at DE round 1.
One of Taco, Harris, Willis, or Tak will be there... Maybe even Barnett. ****in pick 1

I don't really mind who we pick in round 1. It's going to be hard to screw it up.

What I want is solid starters and gems in rounds 2-3-4. That's where we'll build the future.

I could get down with any one of Barnett, Bowser, Howard, Baker, Njoku, White, Awuzie, maybe Willis, maybe Watt.

Because of need and talent I would say:

1. Malik McDowell DL
2. Solomon Thomas DL
3. Tre' Davious White CB
4. Zach Cunningham LB
5. TJ Watt LB

I am not on drafting a OG like Lamp with our first round pick and Jordan Willis and Hason Reddick are risky picks.
Honestly unless Pocic is there when we pick on the second round, I wouldn't use a pick on OL until the fourth and later.
I would definitely love to land Budda Baker or Tanoh Kpassagnon with our third rounder.

We need to stop the run on defense. Having Hayes, Timmons, Rashard back and McDowell or Cunningham would help a lot.
You better make a tape of Baker, with 2 gas masks smoking pot. If you think he's going to make it to the 97 th pick. He will be gone in the late 1st early 2nd.

I could see Baker falling to 54, but not the third round. His size scares people. Not me. I love him as a free safety prospect. Prefer Josh Jones and Marcus Williams though.

I could see Baker falling to 54, but not the third round. His size scares people. Not me. I love him as a free safety prospect. Prefer Josh Jones and Marcus Williams though.

It seems like Josh Jones is a target at 54. Also seems like Aiasta is as they visited and reportedly love both. Just depends how the board falls

Back
Top Bottom