If Gase Does Well | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Gase Does Well

Regardless how He does, what's done is done. No need to evaluate Him. Looking in the rear view mirror is pointless. I,for one,am glad He's gone. He was as much at fault as anything or anyone. He has the personality and enthusiasm of a telephone pole. No Fire in His Belly, and a Deer in Headlights. Now I have "ANOTHER REASON TO HATE THE JETS"!!!

He’s not going to do well. 3 years and he will have a sub .500 record. Book it.

I won't look back. He ruined the roster here. He made his own downfall and lost the team. He may learn from his mistakes, he may not, but at the end of the day he made mistakes here and he had no chance of future success on our team. If Darnold proves to be a good QB (which he has potential to be, just lacks consistency) Gase may do very well. I could give a rats behind.

Nick Saban is the best college coach ever. He still did a pretty sorry job as the Dolphins coach and he knew it. It is what it is.

I think Gase is a creative coach. Thats his biggest asset. And I think thats why you see a big play for a touchdown here or there. But what he lacks is the ability to understand the game situations, see what the defense is giving and taking it. Running the ball well and a key 3rd and 1 approaches, he's clueless. Maybe he will learn that piece in time. He isn't an offensive guru, he hasn't proven to be one at any of his stops and when you're the type of head coach that turns over the other half to the DC all you can be judged on is the offense and your DC choice, and both of those were failures.

Have the craziest thought that Gase used us as a resume builder. Unpredictable good year one, unpredictable bad year two, and total mutiny year three and gets fired.

Maybe just maybe Gase secretly clamored for Darnold all along. Excessive bubble screens won't get the job done on offense. Has a young formidable defense so there are zero excuses win or lose.

If Gase does well with the Jets, I think we should try and evaluate why he did better there than here. Better roster? Better asst coaches? Better front office? It could help identify an ongoing issue that Ross is not seeing.

Ross needs to sell the team...he means well... but this just isn’t his area!

If Gase does well with the Jets, I think we should try and evaluate why he did better there than here. Better roster? Better asst coaches? Better front office? It could help identify an ongoing issue that Ross is not seeing.
If he succeeds it will be because he has less control over personnel and their personnel people provide him with great players.

And/or if Darnold turns into a legitimate franchise quarterback.

Neither of which I realistically see happening.

The only way Gase does better is two fold...

One- He learns from his mistakes and understands that he must not be so stubborn to the detriment of the team with pre and game day strategy. He must have learned that what he wants to do well and what his team is capable of doing well can be two different things and he must implement a game plan that masks their weaknesses while not compleatly shut his team off from making strides and losing confidence.

2 - He gets true franchise QB play out of Darnold. I didn’t see franchise written all over this kid this year. He was over hyped and very disappointing to be honest. He didn’t have any marked improvement from the beginning to the end of the season. We will see if Gase is the QB whisperer or if Manning was the QB coach whisperer and Gase was the worlds best film study partner. Which side of this do you think is true?

Manning - Coach, I’m a SB winning QB with something to prove, I hold just about every record in the book this is what I want to do.

Gase - That’s fantastic Peyton, do you have any play ideas or concepts I can jot down in my playbook for future reference?

Manning - I sure do and you can use them too as long as I get to call the plays on field.

Gase - Anything you want Peyton, I’m here to learn.

Manning - Good boy Gase, do you mind if I call you in the middle of the night while I’m working on next weeks game plan and I have a question about some statistics from previous games during film study? I hear you do a lot of that?

Gase - Anything you need champ, I’m your biggest fan.

Media - After 3 seasons running the best offense in the NFL and one designing low risk plays for Jay Cutler and his best QBR in a 6 win season, Gase the QB whisperer/offensive guru is taking his talents to Miami.

That’s what I think really happened.

If he succeeds it will be because he has less control over personnel and their personnel people provide him with great players.

And/or if Darnold turns into a legitimate franchise quarterback.

Neither of which I realistically see happening.
I agree except I think it is very possible to play out this way.

Gase has a QB with upside, a very good D, and the #3 pick in the draft. He’s going to do well. Those who want to tank should be thrilled because you just got 2 division losses.

Sam Darnold is a turnover machine. People are really overrating the Jets defense. They have good secondary but overall they aren't that great. We will see if Williams does a better job than Bowels.

Back
Top Bottom