"If I ran the Dolphins" - Omar Kelly (QB situation) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"If I ran the Dolphins" - Omar Kelly (QB situation)

Weeden's first job was parking covered wagons.

5nr636-1.jpg

Weeden! yes

7th round pick 2 game wonder from the same QB factory producing Rohan Davey and Jamarcus Russell: No

Dude, seriously I have seen you mention this many times over several posts, it makes no difference what college he is coming from. You normally post fairly intelligent views and ideas but you are making no sense with this point.

I can easily show how that makes no difference:

Michigan put out Tom Brady but also Chad Henne.
Tennessee put out Peyton Manning but also Heath Shuler.
Cal put out Aaron Rodgers but also Kyle Boller.
Pitt put out Dan Marino but also Tyler Palko.
Notre Dame put out Joe Montana but also Rick Mirer.

I can keep listing them if you need me to. It makes no difference that Qbs from the past failed from a certain University, he did not have the same Offensive Co-ordinator as either Russell or Rohan Davey. Funny you want to bring up old Qbs but didn't include YA Tittle, lol..

no team is drafting weeden in the first round his age is a major factor

As Shouright said and i eluded to before, GMs and especially coaches are not thinking "well Weeden will be 34 six years from now so I wont draft him" Coaches get fired at the drop of a hat these days, see yesterday, no coach is thinking 3 or 4 years ahead, Look at Sparano and Ireland, we all thought they would be fired and im sure they did as well which is why you saw them draft players that could help right away, why would Sparano want to draft a rookie QB and put his fate in the hands of a rookie QB, Weedens age and maturity might help more than people may think right off the bat, he knows his age and he knows he has to make the most of it while he can

would you rather draft a QB who can win games but is older, or draft a QB who may not work out as well but hey he is young so lets draft him ahead of the better QB simply because of age

Would you take Sanchez because he is younger? or take Weeden?

Look for Flynn to end up in Seattle next year. John Schneider was the director of football operations in GB when they drafted him. He knows him well.
I agree. Plus Darrell Bevell is Seattles OC. He started his career in GB and runs the same offense. On top of that, Seattle has a worse QB situation than Miami. I'd bet money Flynn ends up with the Hawks

Back
Top Bottom