If I was Dave Wanny (another Boston thread kinda) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If I was Dave Wanny (another Boston thread kinda)

Gatorman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I would let the three headed monster of our new OC, our new QB coach, and our new WR coach handle the offensive gameplan on gameday. With a guy like boston wanting to come aboard because of his relationship with Sullivan, with most if not all of the current offensive team skill players happy about the new OC, and with tressman being a media darling (especially with Hank), I think Dave should be Mr. Fire and Brimstone and let his coordinators do the coaching.

One thing is for certain, If you have Rickey, CC, McM, Boston, and Konrad, that's a whole lot of skill at the skill positions for you to utilize. Throw in good game management QBs like Jay and AJ and you may have the makings of an offense that can dictate tempo to Bill Bellichek!

Gator

PS. I still believe the Dolphins should take a WR in Round 1 of the draft. Boston, Chambers, Woods/williams, and Tolver may be a very deep wr corps from one that is paper thin today.

we have thompson, he's a solid #3, if not, we have tolver. THer'es no need to take WR if we get boston. We'll need to go OL, or QB.

Originally posted by Graythreat
we have thompson, he's a solid #3, if not, we have tolver. THer'es no need to take WR if we get boston. We'll need to go OL, or QB.

Thompson has less skill then any WR that would be drafted in the first 3 rounds of this years draft, so it would be smart to take any of them over Thompson. Besides we can't draft a rookie linemen early in the draft and not have him play, we can't start another rookie linemen, look how bad Smith played in his first year on the line, so we can't start a rookie linemen just to have him not start and anyway we will get our line in free agency and we will draft a QB but not tell late in the draft and Miami doesn't really need any other positions(maybe linebacker). So draft a WR early on and Miami will have too many weapons for even Jay to screw up and throw INTs

It would be asinine to take a WR if we get D-Bo. Trade down and acquire more picks.

Originally posted by nick19991

Thompson has less skill then any WR that would be drafted in the first 3 rounds of this years draft, so it would be smart to take any of them over Thompson. Besides we can't draft a rookie linemen early in the draft and not have him play, we can't start another rookie linemen, look how bad Smith played in his first year on the line, so we can't start a rookie linemen just to have him not start and anyway we will get our line in free agency and we will draft a QB but not tell late in the draft and Miami doesn't really need any other positions(maybe linebacker). So draft a WR early on and Miami will have too many weapons for even Jay to screw up and throw INTs

With the 20th pick I wouldnt go recievr if we had another 1st from Ogun or a 2nd from ogun yeah but I would go QB or OLINE.

Originally posted by Graythreat
Why pass on another possible pro bowl WR? Outside of rivers the WR position would also be the best avaialable player. Unless something bazare like taylor, gallery etc falls.

Well yeah........essentially, David Boston at the age of 25 is almost like having picked up a WR in the draft. He could be around for 5, 6, or 7 years if all goes well. So you should stick to your pressing need which is offensive line where we've never been able to draft players to succede other players.

However, if it's your turn to pick and the O-line player you really want isn't there, then you pick the best player at that spot in the draft.........most likely to be a WR.

And personally, I'm enamored with this WR class like the rest. It might be painful to let one of these potential gems get by us because we already had Boston.

Does anyone believe Rivers would be a Gem and a Steal at 20? We would have filled WR and OL in FA get our FUTURE QB AKA FRANCHISE PLAYER.

If Miami gets Boston and none of the top tier qbs are availiable at 20, I think Miami should get a linebacker or defensive tackle. Bowens is getting up in age and I would like to see his replacement soon. Also Seau is effing old, Moore is still unproven, and even if Moore is a great player, greenwood is not. I would love to have a player better then him at linebacker.

Originally posted by FinaticPatch
Does anyone believe Rivers would be a Gem and a Steal at 20? We would have filled WR and OL in FA get our FUTURE QB AKA FRANCHISE PLAYER.

Yes, but it's not going to happen. He will be the new starting QB in Pittsburgh. Bet on it.

Unless, of course, we happen to get a top-ten draft pick.

Then, he'll still go to Pitt because they WON'T DRAFT HIM.

Haven't you learned that the Dolphins do not draft anyone you want. They have a giant list of players that the fans want, then cross their names off of the draft board.

Duh. ;)

Originally posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
If Miami gets Boston and none of the top tier qbs are availiable at 20, I think Miami should get a linebacker or defensive tackle. Bowens is getting up in age and I would like to see his replacement soon. Also Seau is effing old, Moore is still unproven, and even if Moore is a great player, greenwood is not. I would love to have a player better then him at linebacker.

With as dark as the fan base sentiment is, I think if Wannstedt drafts a defensive player in the first round, his life will be in danger. I live in Kansas, so it's not going to be me, but, people will be calling for his head.

Figuratively, of course.

Originally posted by LandlockdFinFan

With as dark as the fan base sentiment is, I think if Wannstedt drafts a defensive player in the first round, his life will be in danger. I live in Kansas, so it's not going to be me, but, people will be calling for his head.

Figuratively, of course.

I think too many dolphin fans are short sighted. Miami could use upgrades in linebackers and defensive line. Especially if Miami already has a good WR in Boston.

Originally posted by Dol-Fan Dupree

I think too many dolphin fans are short sighted. Miami could use upgrades in linebackers and defensive line. Especially if Miami already has a good WR in Boston.

Make no mistake, I agree that these positions need beefing up. Our D is good, but is getting a LITTLE old. I know that. But, a first-round pick? That may be a bit much to beef up these aging positions, that's all.

Originally posted by LandlockdFinFan

Make no mistake, I agree that these positions need beefing up. Our D is good, but is getting a LITTLE old. I know that. But, a first-round pick? That may be a bit much to beef up these aging positions, that's all.

Our D is good, yet it isn't great. There were many times when they failed when they shouldn't of failed. With Boston, I think drafting a wide reciever doesn't make much sense. Unless they plan on letting chambers go. An Runningback would be stupid. A quarterback, unless it is the guy with the long name, Manning or Rivers, I don't think they should draft one. Tight end is also fine enough to not be filled with a first round pick. I guess that Troupe guy is pretty good. Fullback is full. So other the only offensive position I think that a first round pick is warrented is a offensive lineman.

On defense I feel that the cornerbacks are set, safties are good unless taylor falls, (Heres hoping he deciedes to "steal" some clothes or fake drug conviction). Defensive line needs some beefing and the linebackers need beefing as well.

So offensive lineman, defensive lineman and linebacker are what I think Miami shoud spend their first round pick on.

Back
Top Bottom