If i was the Lions GM i would throw the 20th pic @ Denver | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If i was the Lions GM i would throw the 20th pic @ Denver

AlexISaFaN

Rookie
Reaction score
Seriously , Why have they not even talked about this ? Jay Cutler for the Lions 20th overall pick ? They Get a Probowler and with there 1st overall pick that can pick who ever they think is the Best OT in the Draft. They should try asap while Jcuts is still mad about being them trying to trade him and get cassel

I think this is a great idea

what do you guys think ?

They would be smart to. I think he might cost more than the #20 though. Considering Tampa was offering their #1 and #3.

I think Denver really messed up and now they almost have to trade Jay. Will be interesting to see if they can patch things up. Detroit really should. Then take a OT #1. I think we all know how nice a great OT #1 can help.

They would be smart to. I think he might cost more than the #20 though. Considering Tampa was offering their #1 and #3.

I think Denver really messed up and now they almost have to trade Jay. Will be interesting to see if they can patch things up. Detroit really should. Then take a OT #1. I think we all know how nice a great OT #1 can help.

I didn't know that Tampa offered their 1st and 3rd so i guess even if the Lions gave there 1st (20th) and their 3rd , they would be out of luck since Tampa's 1st is 19th lol ! maybe they should just stick with Culpepper and draft OT / RB

the only reason that he was going to get traded was because they wanted matt cassell

the only reason that he was going to get traded was because they wanted matt cassell
I think that's the salient point here. It wasn't that Denver was looking rid of Cutler. It's just that they wanted Cassel. If there's no Cassel in the equation, it's likely of no interest to them to trade Cutler, unless they have someone in line to take over QB for them.

It's probably a new Head Coach looking for a player he has positive previous experience with and who he thought would make his transition into the job all the easier. I would guess it's not even necessarily their thinking that Cassel is superior to Cutler as an overall player so much as McDaniels thinking Cassel is a 'sure thing' in his system and Cutler being more of an unknown quantity. I'm sure they'll eventually work things out and they definitely don't want to let Cutler go if they can avoid it. They really could have handled it a heck of a lot better mind you.

Back
Top Bottom