If I were a 49ers fan... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If I were a 49ers fan...

AllianceCollect

The Beautiful Mrs. AC.....
Reaction score
I would be frightened by what i've seen so far from Nolan and Scot McCloughan. They have bungled their way through this whole number one pick like Rip Torn on a bender.
All of a sudden, they see Saban working his "magic" & they want in on the action. I hope 'ole St. Nick is having himself a few chuckles over all of this.
The Niners need alot, but what they need most is Aaron Rodgers. A local product who will come cheap & put fannys in the seats. I know A.J. is no Pro-Bowler, but he is light years ahead of Rattay from what I've seen. (And personally I think Condon will price Smith out of consideration for the 9ers & if we can't move down with him still on the board, I'd be happy with that pick.)
Anyway, a few more days it'll all be over. Let's enjoy the start of what will be a long and hopefully happy ride for Dol-Fans for many years to come!

AllianceCollect said:
I would be frightened by what i've seen so far from Nolan and Scot McCloughan. They have bungled their way through this whole number one pick like Rip Torn on a bender.
All of a sudden, they see Saban working his "magic" & they want in on the action. I hope 'ole St. Nick is having himself a few chuckles over all of this.
The Niners need alot, but what they need most is Aaron Rodgers. A local product who will come cheap & put fannys in the seats. I know A.J. is no Pro-Bowler, but he is light years ahead of Rattay from what I've seen. (And personally I think Condon will price Smith out of consideration for the 9ers & if we can't move down with him still on the board, I'd be happy with that pick.)
Anyway, a few more days it'll all be over. Let's enjoy the start of what will be a long and hopefully happy ride for Dol-Fans for many years to come!
I agree.

I also thoroughly enjoyed (sarcasm) Nolan's snide remark about Miami last night on NFL Net when they showed a vid clip of an interviewer asking him about the current drafting scenario. Something along the lines of...we are going to lead this draft, yadda yadda, we are the first pick, yadda yadda, after that it's then Miami's draft. We don't owe Miami ANYTHING and I'm not giving them anything. They can pick according to how WE pick.

His conotation went beyond normal draft jockeying. It was more like a whiny crybaby who is taking something a little too personal and feels the need to move to personal attacks and bullying because they were outsmarted.

well i know this kind of off topic... but when i was born the week i was in the hospital my mother told me that we had watched the miami sanfran superbowl and she told me that miami will be my team... and it has been since that day... what she didnt tell me... is i wouldnt see them in the superbowl for the next 20 years... so i think for my 21st birthday miami should go to the superbowl and win... so i can get trashed at the bars... legally

if i were a 9ers fan i would be too dumb to be worried.....

dol_fan_81 said:
if i were a 9ers fan i would be too dumb to be worried.....

:roflmao: :roflmao:

Seriously, I agree with the original poster about Nolan and McCloughan being nitwits, but I don't agree that Rodgers is the smartest choice for the 9ers and I DEFINITELY don't agree that AJ Feeley is light years ahead of Rattay.

I think that last statement is pure Dolphin homerism... I don't think we really know what we have with Feeley yet, but if I had to make a judgement based on what I've seen, I'd say he is going to end up being an average to slightly above average NFL QB. And I'd put Rattay slightly ABOVE that, but again we don't really know what you have with Rattay.

Rattay has a bad injury history, but is still young and has had some awesome games with not much talent around him. A.J. doesn't really have the injury history, but don't think he has put together any complete games where he has looked like a stud (like Rattay has). A.J. has shown a propensity throw tons of interceptions and has to get A LOT better with his accuracy/decisions.

If I had to choose between the 2, I'd rather have Rattay right now than A.J. -- and I love the Dolphins.

If I'm the 49er GM, I'd trade down if at all possible -- but I'd take Braylon Edwards if I couldn't move down. Thier receivers are atrocious. If Rattay stays healthy and they get any kind of improvement from their O-line, they could have something to work with..

ahmajokester said:
I DEFINITELY don't agree that AJ Feeley is light years ahead of Rattay.

I think that last statement is pure Dolphin homerism... I don't think we really know what we have with Feeley yet,

I do have to say that my experience with Rattay is basically the 'Phins game from last year & what I have read about him. Personally I am not on the AJ Bandwagon, and privately hope that Smith is our guy (much the same way I hoped Rivers would slide to us in last years Draft, prior to his Senior Bowl performance.
I do agree that my "Light Years" comment might have been a bit too strong. But I do feel that given enough time in the pocket he could be, then again the 9ers line was worse than ours last year.
Please forgive me for my "homerism," I'll save it for when I really mean it. :wink:
In the end tho, I do however feel that Rodgers is the best choice for the 9ers regardless of all the posturing.

do u guys think everyone is stupid except for the phins front office..the 49ers know what they are doing...they arent as dumb as u guys really believe

tucker said:
do u guys think everyone is stupid except for the phins front office..the 49ers know what they are doing...they arent as dumb as u guys really believe
in so many words... yeah, that ^^^

tucker said:

Before Saban came I know we had the dumbest front office.

tucker said:

No, there are other front offices who are as smart as Saban and company.

It's just that the 49ers' is not one of them..

tucker said:

bro, have you seen the massive amounts of homers on this board? If any story in the media is anti-Miami in any way, there are tons of threads with people whining about it. Its like these people believe that Miami can do no wrong, yet every other team is fair game.

granted, homerism happens on every board, but it happens a lot on this one.

ahmajokester said:
I DEFINITELY don't agree that AJ Feeley is light years ahead of Rattay.

I think that last statement is pure Dolphin homerism... I don't think we really know what we have with Feeley yet, but if I had to make a judgement based on what I've seen, I'd say he is going to end up being an average to slightly above average NFL QB. And I'd put Rattay slightly ABOVE that, but again we don't really know what you have with Rattay.

Rattay has a bad injury history, but is still young and has had some awesome games with not much talent around him. A.J. doesn't really have the injury history, but don't think he has put together any complete games where he has looked like a stud (like Rattay has). A.J. has shown a propensity throw tons of interceptions and has to get A LOT better with his accuracy/decisions.

If I had to choose between the 2, I'd rather have Rattay right now than A.J. -- and I love the Dolphins.

In reality, did you know that Rattay actually had a better year than AJ, with worse receivers?

Dudeman said:
In reality, did you know that Rattay actually had a better year than AJ, with worse receivers?

Yeah, that's kind of what I was trying to say...

I guess I could've shortened my 3 paragraphs into your 1-liner and it would have been easier for everyone to follow...

Damn, I'm like a girl when I'm on these boards -- once I get started [talking], I don't stop...

I disagree if you watched Total Access they last night they were praising the way Nolan has handled the draft.

Back
Top Bottom