If I were "GM" here is my long-term plan.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If I were "GM" here is my long-term plan....

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
IF Ricky is all done, that leaves Miami $10 mill under the cap. I wouldn't spend one dime of that money. Stay $10 mill under the cap.

Maybe sign a James Stewart or Trung Candidate, but don't trade for a RB. Just play the season with who you have. Keep all draft picks.

I would then look to unload pieces of this team and try and acquire as many draft picks as possible. Don't blow it up, its far too late into the offseason for that. But move a piece here or there if possible. Miami has far too many CB's, they could unload one for a decent draft pick. O-Gun could be traded for a decent draft pick. A move or two like this, would really help this team long-term.

Don't totally tear apart the team, but just move a few guys if possible and try to stock-pile draft picks. Then, Miami has a competitive team this year.......hey anything can happen it isn't like they are throwing garbage on the field. Plus, going into next year they are $10 mil + under the cap and have a bunch of draft picks. A "quick" rebuilding job can be done.

That would be my plan if I were the GM.

So you wouldn't sign any draft picks or extend chambers, mcmichael or surtain's contract? You wouldn't sign Ogunleye? Thats hardly believeable. I'm glad your not our GM.

everardteach said:
So you wouldn't sign any draft picks or extend chambers, mcmichael or surtain's contract? You wouldn't sign Ogunleye? Thats hardly believeable. I'm glad your not our GM.
I didn't say that. I am talking STRICTLY about acquasitions. I would extend Chambers of course. But that won't eat up much of the $10 mill we have.

I wouldn't go nuts over McMichael. He is another nut-case ready to explode. O-Gun I would have traded last April I would still trade him now!

I am talking about I wouldn't go making trades with the Vikings for average running backs and mortage the future for a guy who isn't anything special. Im saying, be smart and think big for next offseason.

I'd keep the team as it is. Sign a decent RB (i.e. a Stacy Mack or Trung Canidate) or maybe try and trade for someone a little better w/o giving up too much (too much being O-Gun or draft picks); play out the season and compete to the best of your ability. With all that's happened this offseason, Miami fans need a team that is atleast going to try. Don't pull this BS and play for
"next season". I'm sorry but any real Miami fan, or football fan for that matter should never hear those words come out of their mouth. "Playing for next season" is the biggest crock i've ever heard of. Get a guy in here that can do a decent job and go out and compete this year. Then if you want to talk about next year, you better be talking about making a run at Shaun Alexander or LT.

Back
Top Bottom