If I were GM...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If I were GM......

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I would fire Jim Bates and bring in an up and coming, fiery assistant (like pepper johnson of the pats who is currently the lb's coach) . Bates has done a good job but we need a change in philosophy and a scheme that's not so predictable. I'd cut Griese and Fiedler as place the highest tender on Ogunleye hoping that someone with multiple picks in the early rounds will go after him and we can use the 1st and 3rd round picks. If not we can do what the bills did w/ Price last year. We should sign a vet. qb like a Brunnell, Garcia, or maybe even a Collins from the Giants to be a stop gap because we should draft a qb in the early rounds. We should also look to get a WR in FA. These are some of the moves I'd make. Go ahead, agree, disagree, rip apart or simply comment on this thread and what you'd do differently.

How about ex Phins coach Randy Shannon - now DC at UM ???

Bates is not going anywhere as long as Wanne is here though. Some people even thought Bates w/stay if we hired a new coach who has a background in O, ie Spurrier. Wanne s/b as much in charge of our D as Bates like Belli is in NE. He said he w/spend more time in 2003 and s/sure as heck spend more time now that he is not picking players anymore.

You kinda state the obvious: Griese will definitely be cut and Jay likely will; OGun will get max. much IMO since it w/b stupidity not do so.

as for QB, I like Brunnell, but not Garcia or Collins for our O

Originally posted by dolphan39
as for QB, I like Brunnell, but not Garcia or Collins for our O

Yes. Collins throws too many picks. I really hope we end up with either Brunell or Couch.

If you don't like vanilla........Then YOU HATE Randy Shannon......Shannon is a Bates Clone......

I agree with you on Pepper........

Originally posted by phinfan2003
I would fire Jim Bates and bring in an up and coming, fiery assistant (like pepper johnson of the pats who is currently the lb's coach) . Bates has done a good job but we need a change in philosophy and a scheme that's not so predictable. I'd cut Griese and Fiedler as place the highest tender on Ogunleye hoping that someone with multiple picks in the early rounds will go after him and we can use the 1st and 3rd round picks. If not we can do what the bills did w/ Price last year. We should sign a vet. qb like a Brunnell, Garcia, or maybe even a Collins from the Giants to be a stop gap because we should draft a qb in the early rounds. We should also look to get a WR in FA. These are some of the moves I'd make. Go ahead, agree, disagree, rip apart or simply comment on this thread and what you'd do differently.

Are you going to do anything to fix the O-line, or are we going to have to carry Brunnell off the field bt week 3?

Yes I would re-tool the o-line but those were just a few of the moves. I feel that we need to move nails to RG as I feel that he will be back to 100% from his injury of 2002. We also need to get Seth in their and pick up a good LG and if we get Brunnell, we can stick w/ Smith a LT. I also would like to get someone to challenge Mare @ kicker.

Originally posted by phinfan2003

First thing, cut and restructure guys to get under the cap. Next thing is to shop madison for picks and resign T-Buck. Tender O-gun and see what offers he gets. Sign a vet QB ,like Anthony Wright, with some starting experience, tender Sage to get him back. try to sign OLman like brockemeyer, Dishman and would LOVE pace, altho he'd fetch a mint no doubt. Orlando brown may be an option, but his dumb-assed play sometimes leaves alot to be desired and Mr. Nice Guy couldn't manage him anyway. Resign Nails, who should be better recovered from the achilles injury, and resign Wade for a mediocre to low deal which is all he's worth. Other than "mint-seeker" T.O. at WR, I would seriously look ar McCants and Streets. Definetly resign Minor.

Back
Top Bottom