If I were Wayne Huizenga.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If I were Wayne Huizenga....

IAG

Practice Squad
Reaction score
First of all how much fun at the end of the day would that be? Anyways, lets assume that Nick Saban does leave. Obviously, that is a lot of water that needs to pass under the bridge at this point. However, chance favors the prepared mind. This is the plan I would institute:

1. Hire a strong President/General Manager: The Dolphins for the past decade have had strong personalities as head coaches. I think Fins should look for more of a "top down" approach. The Dolphins need a GM that is a first-rate talent evaluator and also has experience managing the salary cap.
Examples: Floyd Reese, Joe Banner, Tom Donahoe, Tom Modrak, Scott Pioli (Ron Wolf?)

2. Fill out the front office:This needs to be done with a mix of experienced talent evaluators and young innovative minds. The Dolphins need to find the late round draft pickes and undrafted free agents. Miami needs to come up with Marcus Colston's, Jason Peter's and Yeremiah Bell's over the next few years.
Examples: Maybe Phil Savage is let go and he is given a hefty salary to lead the college scouting department- ideas such as that.

3. Head Coach: This is the controversial part of the offseason. (However, it will keep us involved as fans too.) Again, I think Miami has always gone after the big name, sensational coach. Nothing wrong with that except that Miami has underachieved too much in the last ten years. Maybe it is time to try another method.

I believe Miami should look at coordinator from the offensive side of the ball. By doing this perhaps the defensive staff led by Dom Capers can keep the system in place that has carried the team this year. The sophisticated scheme has really paid off this year. Yes, there are too many big plays and yes, there are not many interceptions in the secondary. However, I am willing to take the performance of the defense once again in 2007. Especially, if the offense can be upgraded. That is where a coach with an offensive expertise comes in.

Imagine if the Dolphins that can get a coach that can construct an offense to the talents of the players and put the QB consistently in position to find success.

Examples: Norm Chow, Ken Whisenhunt, Russ Grimm, Cam Cameron, Mike Martz, Mike Sherman (for those who want experience)

By the way, why hasn't Norm Chow received a D1 or NFL Head Coaching Job by now? He has developed Phillip Rivers, Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, and now Vince Young. Tell me he could not help Daunte Culpepper get back to at least being solid. I will get off my soap box now.

With all this being said, I like Nick Saban. However, while my mind says he is staying my gut tells me otherwise. Even so, this is would be my plan to help the Miami Dolphins get back into playing deep into January.

If all of this is not enough...at least Mike Mularkey would not being calling plays again.

Happy New Year!

Personally...
1. Sell The Team. The Dolphins are going no where FAST!! We're AGAIN talking about a coaching change, AGAIN in need of an OC, AGAIN unsure what out Starting QB can do.... The list goes on.

Hes already said he wasnt selling the team, I'm just saying what I would do.

First of all how much fun at the end of the day would that be? Anyways, lets assume that Nick Saban does leave. Obviously, that is a lot of water that needs to pass under the bridge at this point. However, chance favors the prepared mind. This is the plan I would institute:

1. Hire a strong President/General Manager: The Dolphins for the past decade have had strong personalities as head coaches. I think Fins should look for more of a "top down" approach. The Dolphins need a GM that is a first-rate talent evaluator and also has experience managing the salary cap.
Examples: Floyd Reese, Joe Banner, Tom Donahoe, Tom Modrak, Scott Pioli (Ron Wolf?)

2. Fill out the front office:This needs to be done with a mix of experienced talent evaluators and young innovative minds. The Dolphins need to find the late round draft pickes and undrafted free agents. Miami needs to come up with Marcus Colston's, Jason Peter's and Yeremiah Bell's over the next few years.
Examples: Maybe Phil Savage is let go and he is given a hefty salary to lead the college scouting department- ideas such as that.

3. Head Coach: This is the controversial part of the offseason. (However, it will keep us involved as fans too.) Again, I think Miami has always gone after the big name, sensational coach. Nothing wrong with that except that Miami has underachieved too much in the last ten years. Maybe it is time to try another method.

I believe Miami should look at coordinator from the offensive side of the ball. By doing this perhaps the defensive staff led by Dom Capers can keep the system in place that has carried the team this year. The sophisticated scheme has really paid off this year. Yes, there are too many big plays and yes, there are not many interceptions in the secondary. However, I am willing to take the performance of the defense once again in 2007. Especially, if the offense can be upgraded. That is where a coach with an offensive expertise comes in.

Imagine if the Dolphins that can get a coach that can construct an offense to the talents of the players and put the QB consistently in position to find success.

Examples: Norm Chow, Ken Whisenhunt, Russ Grimm, Cam Cameron, Mike Martz, Mike Sherman (for those who want experience)

By the way, why hasn't Norm Chow received a D1 or NFL Head Coaching Job by now? He has developed Phillip Rivers, Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, and now Vince Young. Tell me he could not help Daunte Culpepper get back to at least being solid. I will get off my soap box now.

With all this being said, I like Nick Saban. However, while my mind says he is staying my gut tells me otherwise. Even so, this is would be my plan to help the Miami Dolphins get back into playing deep into January.

If all of this is not enough...at least Mike Mularkey would not being calling plays again.

Happy New Year!

Getting rid of Boolarky would be enough for me.

Personally...
1. Sell The Team. The Dolphins are going no where FAST!! We're AGAIN talking about a coaching change, AGAIN in need of an OC, AGAIN unsure what out Starting QB can do.... The list goes on.

Hes already said he wasnt selling the team, I'm just saying what I would do.
yeah well thats why you probably pass out ketchup Lmao:sidelol:

I totally agree with you proposals. Its time for the Dolphins to get a top notch GM in here. They haven't had one with final say in years. Then bring in an offensive minded coordinator to be the head coach. The defensive coaches that have been head coaches here hasn't worked.

The Fins could be at the crossroads in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom