If It Is Smith Going First, Why So Upset? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If It Is Smith Going First, Why So Upset?

Ghetti13

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Those people who are really upset about the 49ers possibly taking Alex Smith, I pose you this question. Have you really watched Rodgers and seen what he is capable of?

What are Rodgers flaws? He has a strong arm. He is very accurate. He is not afraid to take a hit. He has veteran like footwork and sense in the pocket. This kid has it all. So, why is he falling behind a player with a lesser arm and tons of things to work on?

The "Tedford Curse" might have alot to do with it.

Keep in mind, much of the reason the other Tedford prodigies failed was as much the team that drafted them as the guy who taught them in college. Also, Rodgers is his own man. And he has serious skills.

Personally, if it is true, and Smith is going one, I for one will be very excited because now we have a shot at Aaron Rodgers.

Ghetti13 said:
Those people who are really upset about the 49ers possibly taking Alex Smith, I pose you this question. Have you really watched Rodgers and seen what he is capable of?

What are Rodgers flaws? He has a strong arm. He is very accurate. He is not afraid to take a hit. He has veteran like footwork and sense in the pocket. This kid has it all. So, why is he falling behind a player with a lesser arm and tons of things to work on?

Keep in mind, much of the reason the other Tedford prodigies failed was as much the team that drafted them as the guy who taught them in college. Also, Rodgers is his own man. And he has serious skills.

Personally, if it is true, and Smith is going one, I for one will be very excited because now we have a shot at Aaron Rodgers.

Because it ruins the possibility of a trade down with San Fran? Is that a good answer?

My initial point is that now we can get Aaron Rodgers whom I think is an excellent quarterback prospect, but, if you want to swing it like that, remember, there are plenty of teams who want to move up to get a wideout. One of them could still be Tampa since they have pretty much only Clayton and there is not sure thing that both recieivers will be there at 5. Is that a good answer?

Rogers will not be drafted by Miami.. Dont get your hopes up.

Ghetti13 said:

This is exactly how I feel. So many people seem not to like Rogers, but I don't see a flaw in the guy either. He could possibly even start for us this year.

I believe that everyone is upset because there was more interest from other teams trying to trade up and get Alex Smith. I don't know the interest Aaron Rogers will garnish from other teams. It may throw Tampa Bay out of the running and who knows how many other teams really want to trade up. I read in another thread that Minnesota may want to trade up to snag Edwards but now everyone will have to wait until Saturday to do anything.

Ghetti13 said:

As for me, the reason Smith was #1 on my board for us is that he already understands our offense and could step in right away and contribute....

This may be a smoke screen by San Fran. We took the attention of the draft away from them, now they want it back.

need qb,rb,wr,dt,cb,s......We can use everything. So, you take the best player available. From what I have seen, that is Rodgers.

Ghetti13 said:
Why won't Miami draft Rodgers if he is there at 2?

Because neither Rodgers nor Smith are worthy of a Top 5 pick.. Saban will go BPA or trade down.. Now if Rodgers sticks around til pick 7 it may be a possibility.

Hostile7 said:
Because it ruins the possibility of a trade down with San Fran? Is that a good answer?

Trade down with SF??? First I've heard that rumor. :lol:

Ghetti13 said:
need qb,rb,wr,dt,cb,s......We can use everything. So, you take the best player available. From what I have seen, that is Rodgers.

There is no way that Rodgers is BPA over Braylon Edwards, Mike Williams, Ronnie Brown, Caddy, and Benson..

Back
Top Bottom