If it is true that Seattle and Indy would take....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If it is true that Seattle and Indy would take.......

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
A 2nd rounder for Edge or Alexander.....then my question is this?

What is taking so long?

Trade our 2nd for one of the backs....and draft Edwards!!!!

WHAT AN OFFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just said that in another post. Throw Travis Henry in the mix there as well. Not on the level as the other two. But certainly an upgrade for us

because Nick wants to keep his picks.......did you miss the interview with Joe Rose? How are we going to pay them? They're towards the end of their careers, and the whole reason that we got rid of Pat was to gain cap room, not just throw it all away by having to give overpriced contracts to guys that will be 27 and 28 this year

Gotta agree with 126 here. A 2nd for James or Alexander (I prefer Alexander) should be a no brainer right now.

Pay them! We just cleard $6 mill with Surtain. We have the cap room.

MikeO said:
Pay them! We just cleard $6 mill with Surtain. We have the cap room.

How do we sign our draft picks then?

Thing is, in the long run it might not be a good idea for us. With our current picks, we can draft an RB that may be as talented and will certainly have more years in him than either Alexander or Edge AND who will not be paid nearly as much. And we could still pick up a WR in the second round.

At this point we could get either for a 3rd I would bet. My fear is cost and how much gas in left in the tank. Backs tend to break down.

chub said:
How do we sign our draft picks then?

Jesus christ, if we trade our 2nd rounder then pretty much all we have to pay is our 1st round pick and our 3rd round pick. Every guy we take after that is playing for esentially no money.

We have money. That isn't an issue anymore.

There is no back in this draft better than Edge or Alexander...NO WAY. If we could get one of them for a 2nd or 3rd, we'd be stupid not to. Just like KC would have been stupid to not get Surtain...is there a better corner in the draft than Surtain?? Same goes for the runninig backs.

we just got out of cap hell thanks to the trade... we can't go and blow that all the way.

Back
Top Bottom