If Jim H came to Miami instead of SF would we be just as good now? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Jim H came to Miami instead of SF would we be just as good now?

snake eyes

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I really think that the dolphins have more talent even with Henne or Moore at QB> Ross has got to be kicking himself for being a Dufus!

San Francisco has a lot more talent come on man... But they play in a weaker division. I think we would be a .500 team with Harbaugh and talking playoffs.

Who in the hell would not have picked that pansy division to coach a team in. Compare that to being in the division with what some consider one of the best QBs of the modern era, one of the best coaches in football right now, and a jets team that is a PITA to deal with twice a year. Someone tell me who the New England and Jets of that division are. So if you are given one shot at being a Head Coach in the NFL which team would you pick...

I really think that the dolphins have more talent even with Henne or Moore at QB> Ross has got to be kicking himself for being a Dufus!

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Oh and that is without even considering the family connection to the West Coast/Bay Area...

It'd be close, if Henne wasn't hurt. But not the level of the 9ers

Never underestimate the power of:

clear.gif

Seeing what Harbaugh has done with Alex Smith does make me wonder what he could have done with Matt Moore or even Henne to a lesser extent. The man is a damn good football coach, no matter how you slice it.

I'll still believe that Henne was the biggest problem. I can't imagine that Harbaugh would've started Moore all year, so I think our record would be at most 2 games better (probably would've won the Broncos game, perhaps the Giants game). Going forward, I believe that Harbaugh would have the ability to better utilize Matt Moore's skills and make him a serviceable starter.

I believe we are also a coaching staff who can get the best out of players, GM, and an owner that is serious about winning football away. Ross can sell the team and go be in charge of entertainment some where else. This is besides the missing QB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing what Harbaugh has done with Alex Smith does make me wonder what he could have done with Matt Moore or even Henne to a lesser extent. The man is a damn good football coach, no matter how you slice it.
It seems like that family has a very good grasp of coaching in the NFL.

I would have liked to see what he could do with Henne.. and maybe even more so with Moore. Devlin would have been a good candidate for him to mentor too. However, I agree we'd be maybe 5-4 now giving him some credit for correcting the bad coaching which IMO was the difference in 2-3 games.

It seems like that family has a very good grasp of coaching in the NFL.

yeah, the other day I was thinking of the Harbaugh tree vs the inbred Ryan Yahoo tree. Ozzie Newsome who knew Rex best and is nobody's fool, bypassed his own DC for Harbaugh who was only a position coach. It's the relative bloodlines.

Can't say he didn't help Alex Smith, would prob would have won the games we were suppose to.

Guys, if we were winning more games we would not be able to get the qb we want. Sparano is good for us this season as long as he doesnt screw it up by winning so much. Then next year we get the 1st rd qb and a new coach.
At this time though, I believe Id rather have Harbaugh here. He seem like a helluva motivater.

Back
Top Bottom