If Josh Rosen were in the 2020 Draft...... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Josh Rosen were in the 2020 Draft......

Of course we are all disappointed in little used performance to date however where do you think his demand would be if he were coming out this year assuming a clean slate???
PFF big board 6th overall rosen
ESPN had him at 7 overall
Mike Mayok at 21st overall
JOSH ROSEN, UCLA – QUARTERBACK
Last year’s top-graded quarterback on intermediate (10-19-yard) throws, Rosen has the zip and touch to make tight-window throws. His aggressiveness allows him to create big-play opportunities all over the field, but it also gets him into trouble with a high percentage of turnover-worthy plays. Rosen graded between 84.0 and 86.3 in all three years of his career at UCLA, all solid grades, though not the dominant performances you’d like to see for a quarterback in the mix to be the first overall pick

Flores has sung many praises Josh's way and vice versa. Genuinely last season Flores have him every opportunity to win the job. Then even committed to having him finish the season as the starter. Eventually Flores was at a crossroad. And he chose the savvy bearded veteran to take the reigns. As he should have. He wanted to build a culture and it's hard to do that when you know the best chance to win is on the bench. Now that we are finally through the secenth circle of hell that was 2019, we are adding talent. Most importantly protection up front. Something Rosen hasn't had since he entered the league. While I don't see him taking a meteoric rise going into 2020 , I do think he'll improve and be very active in the competition for starting QB. He'll have another opportunity.
Ya I think Rosen will improve for sure also. They are prolly hoping he shows well enough in preseason or if he needs to come in during the regular season that they can get a 2nd or 3rd in a trade for him. Who knows maybe the lightbulb comes on and he wows us.

You really have no clue as to what this organization is doing. The failure of developing rosen started in Arizona, and you probably thought they were a playoff team. The dolphins did the right thing by pulling him and try developing the right way instead trial and air approach. Also Flos job isn’t on the line and anyone who thought that is just clueless.
Sure looks like an opinion to me junior.

he would still probably be a first round bust

You really have no clue as to what this organization is doing. The failure of developing rosen started in Arizona, and you probably thought they were a playoff team. The dolphins did the right thing by pulling him and try developing the right way instead trial and air approach. Also Flos job isn’t on the line and anyone who thought that is just clueless.
They pulled Rosen because he wasn't producing and he is now heading into his third season in the NFL and he hasn't improved at all. Based on the evidence he is more likely to be a total bust then being a starting QB again. On top of that the organization doesn't care for his mental makeup as evidenced by comments Flores made about not liking Rosen's demeanor when things weren't going right.

By the way, It's trial and error not "trial and air".

Sure looks like an opinion to me junior.
So you bring a conversation with another poster that’s out of context. that Conversation was about quarterback development ) Our conversation was about your BS response to another poster and got called out about your bias take.
Like I said, I never gave you an opinion either way. You’re not even correct in hindsight.

They pulled Rosen because he wasn't producing and he is now heading into his third season in the NFL and he hasn't improved at all. Based on the evidence he is more likely to be a total bust then being a starting QB again. On top of that the organization doesn't care for his mental makeup as evidenced by comments Flores made about not liking Rosen's demeanor when things weren't going right.
I agree with the first part a 100%, but disagree with the last part. Yes at the “beginning”of the year Flo mentioned some of his shortcomings, but as the year went on he had nothing but praise for the kid. that was my conversation with that particular posters, it was that he was improperly developed in Arizona.

4th round pick based on performance. I don't think a team would offer more than a 4th round pick for him in this draft.

If Rosen is put in a position where he can succeed we'll be seeing him for the first time. It takes a team and Rosen never had one. Now if he gets a shot behind a good oline with some weapons around him and he still doesn't work out, then he's out of chances in my book. But, until that happens he's a first round pick and he would still be a first round pick if Finheaven is right, and we are. I can't help but like some of what I see regarding Rosen. Plenty of QBs took a little time to get going in the NFL, maybe Rosen's a late bloomer. Let's just play it out for a while and see what transpires. We're under no pressure to make a decision soon and Rosen is cheap.

Back
Top Bottom