If JT retires | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If JT retires

DolfanDaveInMI

Active Roster
Reaction score
What does he count against our cap in 2007? Obviously, his base salary comes off the books but does the rest of his amortized bonus get accelerated or does it also come off?

PS...if JT goes...Saban goes (imo)...so factor that in to the Bama courtship...asap!

Ya, but I doubt JT will announce anything right away. It might take him awhile to decide and Saban won't have that long to wait.

The other question is; can he re-do his contract, and save us all that cap money before he retires?

IF JT goes Saban stays regardless

ALot of core players that are on the team are players from one of the previous regimes. Saban has really not started to implement his core group of players that every coach that is going through a rebuilding process needs to do. So I think that if JT goes, while Saban will be saddened to let such a quality person, I really think that saban wants to really start bringing in players that fit his coaching strategy. By the way if JT comes off the books that is 11M in cap space we save next year, we would be in super ridicuolous good shape as far as the cap goes. We would not even have to use all our cap space, and be in a good situation for years to come. By the way there is no garauntee that JT would have a repeat performace next year.

He won't retire, he loves playing the game....and despite losing, he had alot of fun playing football this year...and 33 is not that old, he keeps himself in great shape obviously.

Last year is his last year on his contract I can see him retiring after next season but not this year he will give it more go to see if he can make it to the SB.

He won't retire, he loves playing the game....and despite losing, he had alot of fun playing football this year...and 33 is not that old, he keeps himself in great shape obviously.

ty

again...the Back, the Foot, the Wife, the Kids...the LOSING!!!

again...the Back, the Foot, the Wife, the Kids...the LOSING!!!
I'm sure he's got a full or part time nanny helping his wife with the kids. Plantar fascitis can be taken care and should have by now. His back will get the care and rest it needs in the off season..... and Winning takes care of alot things....things will be better this year.

Back
Top Bottom