If Landry is taken what happens to Y.Bell | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Landry is taken what happens to Y.Bell

I think a playmaking safety is exactly what we should use the 1st pick with. I don't know about Landry though I would rather see a Nelson or Merriweather who seemed to me to impact the games more than Landry.

Landry is twice the safety Meriweather is.

i think without drafting landry we should look at moving jason to corner,,,this kid would be a great corner,leave bell and hill at their positions.

Studying jason on film last year i noticed a few things that i did'nt like,

1}if you think this kid has the body just because of his height and weight you would be mistaken,,very small joints,narrow hips and shoulders,thin knee,ankle and wrists,carries a lot of musculature on a very small frame.

2]He will throw his body in there because the kid has some heart,but i'am gonna tell you,half the time he's gonna lose that battle and bounce off,,{Peyton destroyed him at the goal line in indy}

3]I THINK HE WOULD BE PERFECT FOR CORNER,could be really good in perimeter run suppot,comin in on the blitz and has nice cover skills ala playing the position in the SEC.

i think without drafting landry we should look at moving jason to corner,,,this kid would be a great corner,leave bell and hill at their positions.

Studying jason on film last year i noticed a few things that i did'nt like,

1}if you think this kid has the body just because of his height and weight you would be mistaken,,very small joints,narrow hips and shoulders,thin knee,ankle and wrists,carries a lot of musculature on a very small frame.

2]He will throw his body in there because the kid has some heart,but i'am gonna tell you,half the time he's gonna lose that battle and bounce off,,{Peyton destroyed him at the goal line in indy}

3]I THINK HE WOULD BE PERFECT FOR CORNER,could be really good in perimeter run suppot,comin in on the blitz and has nice cover skills ala playing the position in the SEC.

:yes:

Couldn't agree more. He was the premier corner in the SEC for a time and I have no idea why we moved him in the first place.

Id rather have Nelson than Landry, but Im also a fan of cover guys vs run stoppers..

Landry is faster and has better coverage skills while Nelson hits harder, tackles better..

And who the hell is talking about Poz with our first round pick? No.. just.. no.

Just wondering that is all.U know the phins wont get rid of J allen so im curious...do u let Bell go ? I hear all these great things about landry and i was curious thats all

Maybe if we take Landry or Nelson, we move Bell to SS. Or let Hill and Bell battle it out for that spot.

Id rather have Nelson than Landry, but Im also a fan of cover guys vs run stoppers..

Landry is faster and has better coverage skills while Nelson hits harder, tackles better..

And who the hell is talking about Poz with our first round pick? No.. just.. no.

I know. Poz will slip into the 2nd round. May even be there at #39.

Unless Quinn is there, trade down. We have multiple needs and we need more picks anyway. The only reason to stay @ 9 is: "I can't believe he was still there!" And that would only apply to Quinn or Russell.

easy to say... but you have to fing a trading partner willing to give you proper "value" on the trade. Someone coveted and in danger of being snatched would have to appear at our pick for this to come off. At number nine, I don't see many scenario's that would get us fair value

We have to resign Bell before we do anything with him.

Well, if their is one thing Dick done that is get big road graders if nothing else on the o-line. With Ricky the line will look like their is 3-4 pro-bowlers on that line because he is that great IMO just like he made that horrible wanny line look like starters. Remember he hasn't been away from football for a year like last time and came back from that injury to take that CFL team to the champiopnship. He will open things up for the whole offense and rest our D if CC runs things like SD was run. Ronnie may be able to do that himself but that is why I'm not concerned with the O. I say take whomever the best player available regardless of position with the 1st and their will be a playmaker(this is a deep draft for S's IMO) safety in the second.

Say what?!

***BEGIN THREAD HIJACK***

Wanny was a horrendous coach who killed this team, but lets look back at the 2002 offensive line.

LT- Mark Dixon
LG- Jamie Nails
C- Tim Ruddy
RG- Greg Jerman/Todd Perry
RT- Todd Wade

Only weak link on that line is the RG position. Ricky ran behind a pretty solid o-line. In fact I would credit the slip in Williams' statistics the following year on the o-line changes.

LT- Dixon is gone. Replaced by Wade Smith.
LG- Jamie Nails shows weight issues and balloons well over 300 lbs.
C- Tim Ruddy is just another year older, retirement is near.
RG- No changes here, but this was never a strength.
RT- Todd Wade played solid.

So as you can see the line regressed greatly (only the RT position remained as solid), and the regression of the line tied in with the regression of Ricky's numbers. Of course you can also mention how Wanny ran Ricky into the ground (775 carries in two years + 97 receptions), and opposing teams' schemes changed pretty quickly.

Now I am not saying the o-line made Ricky, he ran damn good. But lets not say Ricky made the o-line, because they did their jobs too.

***END THREAD HIJACK***

Back
Top Bottom