If McCoy is hired could we see Orton come here after all? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If McCoy is hired could we see Orton come here after all?

matt11390

Starter
Reaction score
Was doing a little reading on McCoy since I know nothing about him. Came across the below paragraph from McCoy's Wikipedia site. Below the paragraph is the link to entire page. Kyle Orton's contarct with KC is up isn't it? Could McCoy bring in Orton and revitalize his career?

National Football LeagueFrom 2000-2008, McCoy served on the Carolina Panthers coaching staff.
After the 2008 season, Mike McCoy was hired to be the new offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach of the Denver Broncos.[SUP][2][/SUP] In 2009, then-Broncos QB Kyle Orton enjoyed a career year under McCoy, posting career highs in virtually every passing category. The following year, the Broncos passing attack ranked seventh in the NFL, and Orton ranked fourth in the league in passing yards per game. McCoy revamped the Broncos offense in 2011 to accommodate Tim Tebow's skill-set, and the Broncos led the NFL in rushing.[SUP][3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_McCoy_(American_football_coach)[/SUP]

no, matt moore was coached by him too, so was brandon marshall. i think we roll with this this year if its mccoy.

Whether it's Moore, Orton, or whomever, after reading that paragraph I feel a little more comfortable with McCoy's ability to teach our QB's and get good production out of them through a bigger passing game. So that's a good reason to support him if he gets the job ... right :ponder:

No Orton, no way, no how no thanks!

As it is, I'm already a tad nauseous from a clunky lunchtime carne asada burrito. Please, no piling on. Yuck.

I like Orton. Why not bring in competition? Why not look at Brady Quinn as competition?

Maybe we if keep throwing competition at the position, we could have an individual emerge as a really good QB.

I like Orton. Why not bring in competition? Why not look at Brady Quinn as competition?

Maybe we if keep throwing competition at the position, we could have an individual emerge as a really good QB.

Your true to your nature of supporting crap players. Orton? Quinn? You have no credibility left. Zip. Zilch. Nada. :lol2:

I'd be okay with bringing in Brady Quinn cheap to compete, if he's brought in together with a drafted QB.

Your true to your nature of supporting crap players. Orton? Quinn? You have no credibility left. Zip. Zilch. Nada. :lol2:

Not saying they are great players but who else could be brought in? Free agent wise? Most coaches bring in players that they are familiar with as well. So like it or not if Mccoy becomes the coach I could see those 2 as possible signings.

Back
Top Bottom