If McD Keeps Four Spots For Running Backs... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If McD Keeps Four Spots For Running Backs...

I hate that the OP titled the thread with 4 Rbs. No one thinks of the FB as one of those Rbs.

I don't think it's a certainty Michel makes the roster with Mostert being at full speed early in camp.

I could see Edmonds, Mostert, Gaskin, Doaks.
IMO, Doaks should have no chance. He is slow to to the hole, and aloe in general. They don’t need him as a short yardage guy with Michel. The upset would be Ahmed over Gaskin.

One problem

One problem is we lost a first round pick. What if we need a QB?
If that is where we are we will not have ammo for a RB.
Good RBs can (and usually are) be found on Day 2.

Duke Johnson is getting cut by the Bills just like he got cut everywhere else. He will be 29. He had a couple good games. He's not special. He's not a good player.

Still better than Gaskin and Ahmed. So if we are talking 4th back, yeah I'd rather bring Duke back than keep either.

Still better than Gaskin and Ahmed. So if we are talking 4th back, yeah I'd rather bring Duke back than keep either.
Agreed, but something happened there behind the scenes. I heard we had offered a contract and then it got pulled. I have no idea why. And I believe the contract he ended up signing in Buffalo was about the same as the one we had originally offered.

Right now, for me: Edmonds, Mostert, Michel, Ingold. Just haven’t seen enough from anyone else to warrant a roster spot over bubble guys at other positions, like Thompson, Goode, Stille, and Campbell. White is intriguing to stash on the PS, but I’d be interested in seeing which RBs are cut from other teams. Could easily find a gem, especially with McD’s vision at the position.

Right now, for me: Edmonds, Mostert, Michel, Ingold. Just haven’t seen enough from anyone else to warrant a roster spot over bubble guys at other positions, like Thompson, Goode, Stille, and Campbell. White is intriguing to stash on the PS, but I’d be interested in seeing which RBs are cut from other teams. Could easily find a gem, especially with McD’s vision at the position.
I do not like Michel at all. I think Ahmed has the inside track. If Mostert is not active week 1, I think it's a toss up between Gaskins and White over Michel as well.

Right now it looks like Edmonds and Mostert are locked in, for political reasons, the head coach says so. Gaskin should make it because he outperformed everyone on the roster. The fourth spot is probably developmental, and Z White is the leading candidate.

Back
Top Bottom