If McDuffie is right, than this is sad | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If McDuffie is right, than this is sad

This has been going on for a few years now.....kinda sick of it popping up all the time.

I think he probobly was lied to, but that kind of thing is hard to prove. I just wish it would go away once and for all.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...cduffie07apr07.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

I would be really pissed off if we lied to him like he says we did.
I don't know if he can claim he was lied to ,, that is very hard to prove, but OJ has always been a team player and I cannot believe that the Dolphin heads--- would not do right thing for him. I doubt that he will ever be able to play at 100% again and if that is the case, then Miami should give him some type of settlement (and if OJ wanted a shot at being a coach - so be it) that would show that the organization appreciates and respects all that he has done since he was drafted!!! :rolleyes: :mad: Marino1983

Yeah, but who lied to him??? Probably Jimmy Johnson paid some trainer/doctor to lie, and he ruined his career, just like he ruined Dan Marino's Career!! Biatch!!

I think it was Jimmy who lied. And I wouldn't doubt it. Jimmy was a guy who divorced his wife and estranged himself from his kids and family to coach at the NFL level. That's how badly he wanted to win. That's the kind of competitor he was. Winning was the most important thing to him. Look at Daryl Gardener's back. Can you think of any other 6'6" DTs in NFL histoyr??

Jimmy's since had an epiphony.

I believe O.J. He was a team player and Jimmy took advantage of that. Honestly, I don't think JJ was out to ruin his career. But I think he was reckless and didn't have O.J's best interests in mind.

Let's not forget that it was JJ who gave McDuffie that more than generous contract he received. He rewarded McDuffie quite nicely for his efforts and in my opinion overpaid him for what he was worth production wise.

JJ ruined Dan's career? please, Dan was at the end of a GREAT career, but had clearly lost it in the last few seasons. Dan was my favorite player of all time, but I am not blinded by loyalty, he had clearly slipped and needed to be replaced.

Richard Seymour is a pretty good 6'6 DT, John Henderson is 6'6 as well.

no wonder he dropped football so fast!

Originally posted by Muck
I think it was Jimmy who lied. And I wouldn't doubt it. Jimmy was a guy who divorced his wife and estranged himself from his kids and family to coach at the NFL level. That's how badly he wanted to win. That's the kind of competitor he was. Winning was the most important thing to him. Look at Daryl Gardener's back. Can you think of any other 6'6" DTs in NFL histoyr??

Jimmy's since had an epiphony.

I believe O.J. He was a team player and Jimmy took advantage of that. Honestly, I don't think JJ was out to ruin his career. But I think he was reckless and didn't have O.J's best interests in mind.
he knew it was gonna come back and bite him in the ass!:yell:

I hope for OJ's sake he's right...

...or his a$$ will be counter sued for libel and he'll end up pennyless:cry: :drinker:.

It's a sad way for such a great dolphin to end his career. I hope it doesn't end up being too much of a distraction from the current team and the upcoming season.:(

I don`t think it will be a distraction. The suit shouldn`t involve the present coaching staff for one thing and I see these players hell bent for victory this year! Hope so anyway!

i don't know if JJ ruined dan or not!

but i do know some of those INT's could have been avoided, the first thing JJ did was take away dans audible!:yell:

06, take away the audibles, and you still shouldn't throw INT's. Dan's arm just wasn't what it used to be. In his mind he knew he could throw those passes, and I honestly think it was a surprise to him when the ball floated out there and was picked off. His arm just couldn't do what his mind was telling it to do.

It matters not..cause...Dan will always be the greatest...ALWAYS.

i don't agree with that!

Originally posted by dolfan87
06, take away the audibles, and you still shouldn't throw INT's. Dan's arm just wasn't what it used to be. In his mind he knew he could throw those passes, and I honestly think it was a surprise to him when the ball floated out there and was picked off. His arm just couldn't do what his mind was telling it to do.

It matters not..cause...Dan will always be the greatest...ALWAYS.
some of dans passes were right to the defender, there wasn't a dolphin in the area, it was like he was expecting a receiver to be there, that wasn't. the best example of that was in the last cowboys game thanksgiving day!:(

Back
Top Bottom