If Miami can trade for Eli, would you do it? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Miami can trade for Eli, would you do it?

Would you be upset if miami trades for the #1 pick?

• Yes- To many other needs at this current time.

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • No- Miami would get Eli Manning. With the right FA pickups it would be fine.

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Not sure- It's a risk.

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

Fisticuff

hm mmm, peanut butter and crack sandwich
Reaction score
Marty Schottenhiemer coached the South this year, and had a front row view of Rivers having a great day (15 yards per pass attempt, on an senior all-star D).

San Diego is in a tough spot. Eli Manning is projected to be the best/1st QB taken in the Draft. SD problems on offense are much like the Dolphins. A QB with lack of WR (Boston came on late) and a crappy Line (pass blocking anyway). They also have defensive problems.

Marty Schottenhiemer is known for "Marty Ball" which consists of heavy running, and little (but effective) passing. Rivers so far (not just the SB, but the whole year) has shown he is capable of not only winning, but playing very good. Rivers runs a small ball offense (hit whats there, look deep to catch a D off-guard) which is similar to SD offense.

I believe MS might be looking for a trade (with any team). he gets a QB (if thats what he wants) and another pick for D. Then has the top 2nd rounder.

If Miami would want to do a trade (assuming miami has one for Ogun) would you be upset (assuming miami gets some Oline, and WR help in FA).

Listen up, i think Rivers has all the tools Eli does. I dont care what anyone says. I wouldnt do it at all unless Eli drops for some strange reason.

With the way Rivers played today I would wait tell the 20th pick to get him unless we could trade for a top ten pick an get Rivers.

I'm not saying that Eli aint good because he is awesome I just got that gut feeling about Rivers.

sorry, but it's too hard to pass on Eli. Mostly because I'm really afraid of getting rivers now. We all know other teams are looking at him..will they use a first rounder on him? I dunno, but it makes me giddy. If there were a CHEAP way to trade up for Eli, I'd take it. That said, I don't think there'll be ANY cheap way. Unless SD turned stupid and takes a straight up O-gun, and our 20 for their top one. I mean, it's not a horrible thing for them, if they think Rivers could just as well be the man. They'd STILL get a QB they think is no. 1, as well as the rights to the best DE on the market this offseason, and better than anything they'll find in the draft.

But for that to happen, Rivers would have had to inmpress them A LOT...which I doubt he has. Here's where I stand...i say we see where we sit with O-gun, if we have a pick slightly about where we are now, we take Rivers wtih it, and trade the other one down, ensuing we have Rivers. We COULD go for the best available player, and pick up a WR there, while picking RIvers up later, but I just feel really edgy now.

No reason to be sorry Eli is good it was just my opinion on Rivers dont trade nobody an get Rivers that aint gambling in my book not a bad idea to me. He might not be the best athelete but he will play smart and get you td's and yards. Fiedler plays smart most of the time but don't get you the yards and td's he just don't scare the defense like Rivers or other qb's would.

Originally posted by Graythreat
sorry, but it's too hard to pass on Eli. Mostly because I'm really afraid of getting rivers now. We all know other teams are looking at him..will they use a first rounder on him? I dunno, but it makes me giddy. If there were a CHEAP way to trade up for Eli, I'd take it. That said, I don't think there'll be ANY cheap way. Unless SD turned stupid and takes a straight up O-gun, and our 20 for their top one. I mean, it's not a horrible thing for them, if they think Rivers could just as well be the man. They'd STILL get a QB they think is no. 1, as well as the rights to the best DE on the market this offseason, and better than anything they'll find in the draft.

But for that to happen, Rivers would have had to inmpress them A LOT...which I doubt he has. Here's where I stand...i say we see where we sit with O-gun, if we have a pick slightly about where we are now, we take Rivers wtih it, and trade the other one down, ensuing we have Rivers. We COULD go for the best available player, and pick up a WR there, while picking RIvers up later, but I just feel really edgy now.

yeah, i picked "note sure."

i think the Ogun thing could work. SD needs a DE , and you get the AFC sack leader, AND the 20th pick. whats better then that?

I would be upset cause ELI is not the best QB in the draft. Big Ben is the best QB i have seen in a long time. He has a terrific arm and is very big,smart and can scramble better then anyone i have ever seen at his size. Plus he can throw on the run and not just short passes he can throw a 30 yarder while in stride I have seen him do it live time and time again. As well as break tackles cause of his size

im glad people are begining to realize how good rivers is...I wish some people would take a look what he did for 4 years..people are saying he had a bad week of practice "cant throw the long ball" hell i think he has all the tools as eli just not the name..wait till the 20th hopefully he will still be there

Originally posted by Noland
With the way Rivers played today I would wait tell the 20th pick to get him unless we could trade for a top ten pick an get Rivers.

I'm not saying that Eli aint good because he is awesome I just got that gut feeling about Rivers.
i think this is the best scenario, although there are some teams out there that need a QB. i just don't think SD is ready to give up on brees yet!
but there are the raiders, steelers and cards to name a few and i don't know if rivers will be there. if we can trade for a top ten pick, i think we have a shot!;)

I wouldn't be upset b/c I think Eli will be great, but I would rather take Rivers at #20, pay him less and use the other 2 #1s it would take on other needs.

Rivers looks too good. Take him and he can be our star someday, and still keep what we would trade for him.

If you think O-gun is enough to turn a #20 into a #1, you're a fool. Because of our lack of a second-round pick this year, we'd have to throw in AT LEAST our third-round pick this year and a future first in order to get them to bite.

Back
Top Bottom