If Miami Dolphins Draft Baker Mayfield, Ryan Tannehill Is A Goner | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Miami Dolphins Draft Baker Mayfield, Ryan Tannehill Is A Goner

Right now....
4 QBs got top 10
Chubb
Barkley
Nelson

That is 7 picks...

Should leave us with one of...Fitz, James, Smith, Edmunds, or Vander Esch...

In the end, we should end up with defensive help, which we need...badly.

Right now....
4 QBs got top 10
Chubb
Barkley
Nelson

That is 7 picks...

Should leave us with one of...Fitz, James, Smith, Edmunds, or Vander Esch...

In the end, we should end up with defensive help, which we need...badly.
And that's not even counting a surprise like Ward to the Bucs or Vea to the Raiders. I'm definitely NOT trading up in this draft, there will be a stud at 11

Agreed. Then instead of bitching about FA and getting Mayfield, everybody can bitch about how badly we ****ed the draft up.

I swear, guys can’t wait to hate the team that they love.

And, the Dolphins without fail, make it easy year after year to do so.

Fast forward 20 days, 12 hours and all we will be talking about is which TE we might land in the 2nd round to go with the (insert best defensive player available) we took in the 1st round.

I couldn't imagine Adam Gase taking a hard look at Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield and Jackson and somehow coming out of that enamored with Baker with the most.

If he's secretly drooling over a QB, it's the one from UCLA.

I am not in favor of drafting Lamar Jackson, but mostly because I believe in the QB returning to the helm in Miami. I could see Gase falling in love with Jackson's potential though.

If we do actually end up with Baker Mayfield and he's a better option for the Miami Dolphins than RT, he will get 100% of my support. I just don't think it's something I need to worry about.

Trading up to 11 would cost a ton of picks which we need to build up the team. If Mayfield is there at 11 then fine, take him but stop trading away picks that you need to build thru the draft
Agreed, why doesn't anyone listen?

Fast forward 20 days, 12 hours and all we will be talking about is which TE we might land in the 2nd round to go with the (insert best defensive player available) we took in the 1st round.

I couldn't imagine Adam Gase taking a hard look at Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield and Jackson and somehow coming out of that enamored with Baker with the most.

If he's secretly drooling over a QB, it's the one from UCLA.

I am not in favor of drafting Lamar Jackson, but mostly because I believe in the QB returning to the helm in Miami. I could see Gase falling in love with Jackson's potential though.

If we do actually end up with Baker Mayfield and he's a better option for the Miami Dolphins than RT, he will get 100% of my support. I just don't think it's something I need to worry about.

I don't think Mayfield will end up being a better QB than Tannehill. I think all the QB talk is a smoke screen to entice QB needy teams to trade up and drive other players out of the top 10 right into Miami's lap at 11.

I hope QBs go 1-10......

Rumor I heard, so take with a grain of salt: Multiple teams (2 were very interested) called about Tannehill and were told that he wasn't available. As in, Miami just wasn't interested in trading him, even though there was a good market. At the time, I took this to mean that his rehab was going very well and not much else.

If that's true, Denver and Arizona were those teams.

No question in my mind John Elway would love to have Tannehill.

LOLO@ "The New Times" the freebie that used to have 3 back pages full of phony pain center oxy contin distribution ads before the state finally clamped down on what was well-known up and down the east coast as the primary questionable source for Oxy. Still, I do appreciate the paper's yearly selections for best of pizza, happy hours and sushi in SoFL Tri-Counties.

If Gase and Co are sold Mayfield or hell, any of the other prospects, then I'm all for it. Even if that means losing RT. They certainly know more than I ever will, so just have to trust they're making the right call.

Some of the guys clammorring for Mayfield better be aware of potentially pushing Ryan Tannehill right to the New England Patriots in 2019.

It's a sickening thought but a potential outcome of telling RT he's not our guy. Belichek will call him instantly.

Some of the guys clammorring for Mayfield better be aware of potentially pushing Ryan Tannehill right to the New England Patriots in 2019.

It's a sickening thought but a potential outcome of telling RT he's not our guy. Belichek will call him instantly.

Finally...a NE quarterback we'd have no problem defending against.

I don't think Mayfield will end up being a better QB than Tannehill. I think all the QB talk is a smoke screen to entice QB needy teams to trade up and drive other players out of the top 10 right into Miami's lap at 11.

I hope QBs go 1-10......

I'll settle for 8 QB's, Chubb and Barkely.

Quenten Nelson is still my pipe dream.

Are you saying Miami's defense is better than New England's?

Tannehill's had some good games against New England.

Ummm...no...I'm saying Tannehill vs Brady as a Patriots QB doesn't exactly make me worry.

Back
Top Bottom