If Miami Dolphins Draft Baker Mayfield, Ryan Tannehill Is A Goner | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Miami Dolphins Draft Baker Mayfield, Ryan Tannehill Is A Goner

Only by choosing Cutler....he did....and a lot of us saw it coming.

And it wasn't so much the thinking to give up on the season (although many realized it wasn't going to be a banner year)....it was that Cutler was not going to be much better than just having Moore take the reigns and we wouldn't be further setback by a 1 year $10 million payout for a mistake....money that could've been used elsewhere to keep or fill other holes.

Dude, you can't just let your team think you're throwing in the towel. You would've had a bigger **** show then you already did . Good luck motivating anyone to do anything when the team knows the coach has already given up. Where the motivation to play? We talk about this stuff like these aren't real people here.

And, the Dolphins without fail, make it easy year after year to do so.

People act like Davie doesn't have a history in kicking us in the nuts. And with Tannenbaum in here, should we expect anything less at this point?

2+2=5 !!

I load of crap, I'm not Tannehill's biggest fan but even I see it as stupidity beyond even our FO to trade him this year.

I think the real mistake falls on the organization as a whole letting Tanny opt out of surgery after the first injury. Ever since the Brees debacle I have pure disdain for Miami's medical staff and decisions.

Agree with that.

Dude, you can't just let your team think you're throwing in the towel. You would've had a bigger **** show then you already did . Good luck motivating anyone to do anything when the team knows the coach has already given up. Where the motivation to play? We talk about this stuff like these aren't real people here.

Agreed....this assumption that it would be or guys were looking to "throwing in the towel" BS is just that....Why would going with your long term backup QB (and not panicking/wasting $$$ on a less than half measure) be seen as throwing in the towel? Other teams have done it (look no further than the Eagles who won the SB with their backup and didn't go crazy looking for a supposedly "1st tier QB" when bad news struck). You see it as the coach giving up when circumstances dictate he has to play his backup QB? Obviously not a circumstance anyone wants but shat happens and backups play...doesn't mean the coach or team is unmotivated or giving up. And playing your long time backup QB who's been there and performed adequately (not great) when called upon was a much better option than coaxing a half hearted retired mediocre QB out of the cushy booth chair he was anticipating being in for the season at the last minute was a sign of what??....oh....right, it was a genius move by the guru Gase (who apparently used the well worn line "Shut up and take my money" to Cutler to fire up those competitive juices and convince him to come save the day....puh-leeze).

I think the real mistake falls on the organization as a whole letting Tanny opt out of surgery after the first injury. Ever since the Brees debacle I have pure disdain for Miami's medical staff and decisions.

So...again, Tannehill doesn't get or share any of the blame for deciding to "rehab" his partial ACL tear and playing doctor with his injury??

"Tannehill discussed the stem cell treatment he underwent which he partially credits for his recovery.

“I did a lot of research and finding options that were available to me and finding what fit,” Tannehill said. “I spent a lot of time researching and talking to people who are familiar with all the different types of treatments. That seemed to be the best fit for the injury that I had.”

As some of us said at the time.....stick with Moore at no extra cost....most of us (non delusional ones) knew the season was a lost cause anyway....said panicking and signing Cutler was a costly, huge error that would not pay off & work against us keeping other players.... and .....we were right.
It's training camp, you have to do something besides "stick w/ Moore". There's really no reason at all to look back and bash the signing other than Gase not recognizing Cutler was toast but Cutler put on a good show at training camp and preseason. The season began and it was all over. But to sit back and say we should have thrown in the towel (Moore) before the season even started is preposterous. There are always going to people that were right or wrong on any roster decision. The Cutler decision is no reason for you to pound on your chest and say look at me I was right.

Agreed....this assumption that it would be or guys were looking to "throwing in the towel" BS is just that....Why would going with your long term backup QB (and not panicking/wasting $$$ on a less than half measure) be seen as throwing in the towel? Other teams have done it (look no further than the Eagles who won the SB with their backup and didn't go crazy looking for a supposedly "1st tier QB" when bad news struck). You see it as the coach giving up when circumstances dictate he has to play his backup QB? Obviously not a circumstance anyone wants but shat happens and backups play...doesn't mean the coach or team is unmotivated or giving up. And playing your long time backup QB who's been there and performed adequately (not great) when called upon was a much better option than coaxing a half hearted retired mediocre QB out of the cushy booth chair he was anticipating being in for the season at the last minute was a sign of what??....oh....right, it was a genius move by the guru Gase (who apparently used the well worn line "Shut up and take my money" to Cutler to fire up those competitive juices and convince him to come save the day....puh-leeze).

The eagles situation was different. Much later in the season. Not much choice there but to ride the backup. No one loses a QB in training camp and doesn't make a move. Apples to oranges.

If you're the coach of the dolphins and don't think you can win with your backup and do nothing, that is absolutely throwing in the towel. We can disagree on the move that was made, but options were limited. He took a shot to save the season, and it obviously didn't work.

Not to mention, if you stand pat, what happens if/when Moore gets hurt?

So...again, Tannehill doesn't get or share any of the blame for deciding to "rehab" his partial ACL tear and playing doctor with his injury??

"Tannehill discussed the stem cell treatment he underwent which he partially credits for his recovery.

“I did a lot of research and finding options that were available to me and finding what fit,” Tannehill said. “I spent a lot of time researching and talking to people who are familiar with all the different types of treatments. That seemed to be the best fit for the injury that I had.”
No I'm not saying that at all. There is blame all around. But tanny is not a doctor. He did research on alternative treatments and presented it. The medical team have final say and should have demanded surgery. Just another fail by everyone involved.

I'll chop off my dick if this happens. That's how confident I am that this would never happen. They may trade up for Baker but no way they trade Ryan this year.

Even if Mayfield is drafted Tannehill wouldn't be traded this year, it would happen next year if it happened at all.

Me personally, I do blame RT for that decision. Not really sure the FO can make him do anything.

I guess that contradicts my agreement with SCOTTY up there, but I feel like him not having surgery in general was a huge mistake and I can understand ppl blaming either party.

The hellish compensation we'd have to give up to move up in the draft and get Mayfield would cripple us. We have so many damn holes we can't throw everything away to just get Mayfield.

Kaepernick would have been way better than Cutler but that was not a thought. Cutler is better than Tannehill except he was a p*ssy in the pocket, afraid to get hit.But better than Tannehill who is the worst QB in the NFL throwing under pressure. In 5 years THill has proved he can never convert a big play on 3rd down when pressured. At least Tyrod Taylor would run for a 1st down to keep the drive alive. Thats why the Bills would beat the Fins.
Obviously everyone in football knows Tannehill cant get the job done but sorry butt Ross does not care.

Me personally, I do blame RT for that decision. Not really sure the FO can make him do anything.

I guess that contradicts my agreement with SCOTTY up there, but I feel like him not having surgery in general was a huge mistake and I can understand ppl blaming either party.
That's an interesting question. I think it's contracted but am not 100% certain that the team can require a signed athlete to perform surgery (if injury is football related). If the athlete refuses it would void the contract. Anyone have any other info on this situation?

Back
Top Bottom