If Miami Dolphins Draft Baker Mayfield, Ryan Tannehill Is A Goner | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Miami Dolphins Draft Baker Mayfield, Ryan Tannehill Is A Goner

Kaepernick would have been way better than Cutler but that was not a thought. Cutler is better than Tannehill except he was a p*ssy in the pocket, afraid to get hit.But better than Tannehill who is the worst QB in the NFL throwing under pressure. In 5 years THill has proved he can never convert a big play on 3rd down when pressured. At least Tyrod Taylor would run for a 1st down to keep the drive alive. Thats why the Bills would beat the Fins.
Obviously everyone in football knows Tannehill cant get the job done but sorry butt Ross does not care.

I did want Kaep, but that's absolutely the last thing you posted that I can agree with.

I'll chop off my dick if this happens. That's how confident I am that this would never happen. They may trade up for Baker but no way they trade Ryan this year.

So... I just need to make sure of something first. If I click "Like" on your post, does that make me contractually liable to chop my dick off, too, if they trade RT this year? I still have some time left before it stops working all together. ;-)

Last edited:
No I'm not saying that at all. There is blame all around. But tanny is not a doctor. He did research on alternative treatments and presented it. The medical team have final say and should have demanded surgery. Just another fail by everyone involved.

Agreed 100%

It's training camp, you have to do something besides "stick w/ Moore". There's really no reason at all to look back and bash the signing other than Gase not recognizing Cutler was toast but Cutler put on a good show at training camp and preseason. The season began and it was all over. But to sit back and say we should have thrown in the towel (Moore) before the season even started is preposterous. There are always going to people that were right or wrong on any roster decision. The Cutler decision is no reason for you to pound on your chest and say look at me I was right.

You think I care about being right or bragging about it??? No...couldn't care less. What I do care about is the consistent and continual idiotic moves of the Dolphins FO and/or foolhardy fans who either make excuses for or try to defend such idiotic moves without calling them what they are. There are a large number of "Trust in Gase" kool aid drinkers here who always try to put a positive spin on whatever he does or say "well, he must know best".....So far, he hasn't proven that he knows best on many fronts or being an adept coach or talent evaluator yet many here think he can do no wrong (or...it's the players, no...it's Ross, no...it's Tannebaum, etc.).

Your comment "other than Gase not recognizing Cutler was toast" goes right to the point....So, if Gase was Mr. Great Evaluator/Guru how did he NOT see or know Cutler was less than mediocre or "toast" when many fans (including those from other teams) and sports reporters knew it and called it when it happened??? Doesn't really speak well of Gase's ability to judge or make rational decisions as a professional football coach.

The eagles situation was different. Much later in the season. Not much choice there but to ride the backup. No one loses a QB in training camp and doesn't make a move. Apples to oranges.

If you're the coach of the dolphins and don't think you can win with your backup and do nothing, that is absolutely throwing in the towel. We can disagree on the move that was made, but options were limited. He took a shot to save the season, and it obviously didn't work.

Not to mention, if you stand pat, what happens if/when Moore gets hurt?

Eagles were one example....there are others...Going back a few years but what about when Brady had his ACL injury in Game 1 (or 2)??? The Patriots turned to backup QB (Cassel) and rode out the season (even making playoffs I think). They also didn't panic and throw loads of cash a QBs who were equal to or supposedly better than Cassel. And, if Moore gets hurt then you have to make a move (like many teams have done within season due to QB injuries) or get someone but throwing $10 million away on a mediocre fill in guy preemptively is a move of panic , nothing less, and was proven to be a terrible decision (which is entirely common with our FO).

I'll disagree slightly with the title of this thread:

"If Miami Dolphins Draft Baker Mayfield, Ryan Tannehill Is A Goner"

It is true that if T-Baum goes up to get Mayfield, he will be the starting QB. But they won't trade Tannehill immediately because he would be the backup for this year. And then they might trade him next year, or, keep him as backup.

For sure, Mayfield is the ultimate Alpha-Dog (pitbull) competitor.
He red-shirt-walked-on twice as a Freshman and Sophomore, and won each of those QB battles.
And went on to be runner-up for the Heisman twice. And the won the Heisman on his 3rd try.
Mayfield will not lose or sit behind any QB, even during his first NFL year. (like Wentz and Deshaun Watson).

He's a fierce Alpha-dog who would definitely beat-out Tannehill for starting QB. Remember, Tannehill was WR until finally becoming a QB in his 3rd year of college.
Mayfield is way past that, with tons of accomplishments, with no accomplishments for Tannehill.

It's like a Heavyweight vs a Lightweight.
First-round knock-out. No contest.

Last edited:
Mayfield isn’t even worth the #11 pick. Typical draft hype around a QB with potential.

As some of us said at the time.....stick with Moore at no extra cost....most of us (non delusional ones) knew the season was a lost cause anyway....said panicking and signing Cutler was a costly, huge error that would not pay off & work against us keeping other players.... and .....we were right.

It's usually easier to be right when you have the luxury of hindsight.

There wasn't a better option on the street at that time. The fact that you think Moore was as good an option after the fact just shows you are trolling.

It's going to take next year's first or second round pick to get one of these QBs. Thus, you sit them behind RT and focus on making sure he has the best season of his career so you can get that asset back via trade next year.

Right now you're not getting **** for him. He's 30 and is coming back from two major knee injuries. Better to have him boost his value this season.

I don't think Mayfield will end up being a better QB than Tannehill. I think all the QB talk is a smoke screen to entice QB needy teams to trade up and drive other players out of the top 10 right into Miami's lap at 11.

I hope QBs go 1-10......

Doesn't have to be Mayfield. We just have to figure out who it's going to be.

It's usually easier to be right when you have the luxury of hindsight.

There wasn't a better option on the street at that time. The fact that you think Moore was as good an option after the fact just shows you are trolling.

Trolling?? Because I'm expressing an opinion that goes against yours?? So we all must have "groupthink" here or else be labeled a troll huh?

My thinking Moore a good option after the fact??...LOL....I can go back and find/repost what I posted way BEFORE game 1 (and even pre season games) when the rumors were flying about signing Cutler ...I (and some others) never swayed from the opinion that Moore would not be any worse than Cutler as an option but that utilizing him and not wasting the money foolishly on Cutler would be better for the team in either keeping or obtaining other players to fill badly needed holes then or in the future.

EDIT: Just pulled one of my posts from August 5, 2017 :

"Not many here want to "throw the season away"......what we're saying is we don't want to throw away future seasons and mortgage the future by paying a fortune to an old out of shape QB who may not have a desire to play any longer (but wants the $$$) and who may or may not wind up being any better than what we can field anyway.......so....play the hand dealt and don't handicap the team next year and beyond with money/cap,etc. issues by panicking now and shoveling out a boatload of money for Cutler."

Last edited:
If Miami draft any quarterback in the first round Tannehill is a goner.

Back
Top Bottom