If Miami Goes the Route of Cordinator .... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Miami Goes the Route of Cordinator ....

matt11390

Starter
Reaction score
then Bowles might become a leading candidate. Let me admit I don't know much about the man other than what I read about him in the media. But he seems to have the respect of the team and has a presence about him that makes me think of Mike Tomlin. I'm not saying Bowles will be that successful but he comes from a DB coach background, is quiet but a leader, and has been in the coaching ranks for a long time.

The one thing about him that caught my attention was the article saying he has been calling much of the defense lately and the turnaround could be due to his leadership. Perhaps, if Miami goes the cordinator route Bowles will get a long look. He does bring stability to the team if he stays as the HC. Plus I think he would fire Nolan and bring in a new DC and perhaps a new OC as well.

Could any of you who have good knowledge of him give some input about him and his chances? It would be a shame to miss out on a good "young Shula" type coach, like we did with Tomlin. Thanks.

Posters on here have pointed out that you need to have time as a coordinator in the NFL before you should be a head coach..

I dont disagree..John Harhbaugh was a special teams coordinator along with Fish and Cowher, but really I cant think of any coaches who were not coordinators that went on to have success..

Rod Marinelli and Tony are too coaches that failed..both never were coordinators before they were head coaches.

Please, no one from in house. No Nolan, Bowles, Daboll, no one. We need stability at HC this time around. We need a HC with vision and accountability. I also dont want player coach familiarity. No more Sparano is nice and the players love him. Enough.

Please, no one from in house. No Nolan, Bowles, Daboll, no one. We need stability at HC this time around. We need a HC with vision and accountability. I also dont want player coach familiarity. No more Sparano is nice and the players love him. Enough.

All the coaches with those characteristics are busy leading teams to the play offs.

the past two championship coaches were coordinators plucked from teams that were average at best if not worst. in fact if we would of hired mccarthy when the packers did most of this board would have been throwing a fit.

I'm rooting for Bowles, and I don't think he should be thrown out of the running . . . but obviously there isn't much wiggle room for him . . . he finds a way to win the final 3 games w/o Jake Long and Matt Moore . . . I think he is the front runner.

He loses, well yea . . . lol, hell Colombo could be at LT and Daniel Thomas at QB, he needs to win to be considered. I wish him well.

I wish the guy luck. J.P. Losman being his first starting QB is bad luck, but anyways.

Whose to say Bowles doesn't have vision and accountability? He has to coach under the system of his HC when a position coach but he may much better than other candidates out there. Unless you know him personally it is difficult to say he doesn't have a vision and won't be a good HC. Really the only reason a guy like McCarthy is succeeding now IMO is becaue of talent on the team. I don't think is some great coach.

I'm not saying Bowles is our answer just hope he gets a fair opportunity. Just because he's already on the staff doesn't mean he won't be a very good HC if given the chance to lead the team ... and not just the DB's.

I doubt he gets a look, but perhaps your point is he SHOULD get a look.

He'll almost assuredly get an interview if anything just to satisfy the Rooney rule but as to wether or not he actually gets a shot at the job will depend on how the players respond to him. The players loved sporano and it will be interesting to see how they respond to bowles with 3 division games and absolutely nothing on the line.

Posters on here have pointed out that you need to have time as a coordinator in the NFL before you should be a head coach..

I dont disagree..John Harhbaugh was a special teams coordinator along with Fish and Cowher, but really I cant think of any coaches who were not coordinators that went on to have success..

Rod Marinelli and Tony are too coaches that failed..both never were coordinators before they were head coaches.

Sparano may not have held the title of Offensive Coordinator, but he called the plays for the Cowboys when he was the Assistant Head Coach.

Back
Top Bottom