If Miami has the 1st pick in 2020, imagine trading it. Lol | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Miami has the 1st pick in 2020, imagine trading it. Lol

Well it's not impossible. We know the end of the season is never how we envision it when the season starts. A lot of IFs have to occur. Rosen can light it up despite a terrible OL and our defense may not be able to stop anybody. We've lost many games like that before. Tua may decide to stay another year. The rest of the college QB class may end up having mediocre seasons, etc. If we were in that scenario, we would definitely demand a Kings ransom. I'd say at least two 1's and two 2's. Finding a willing partner would be a whole nother story.
If that’s the case who are other teams trading up for?

If we get the #1, I’d definitely move down.

I think the goal is to build a team and also get an elite QB.

By trading down and getting 2-3 more 1sts and a haul, that could put us in a position to draft Lawrence in the following draft.

Going into next year we would have used 2-3 1st round picks, 2 2nds and 2 3rds to build around a QB.

Let all of those rookies get their feet wet. I don’t think you want to throw a rookie QB into that while we’re still patching.

Throw 23 year old Rosen, in his 2nd year with O’Shea in there with the young picks so we get a gauge for everyone.

We will still continue to struggle, and be in a position to get Lawrence and have our big group turning to year 2-3

I have a feeling this Miami team is going to ruin that dream for a lot of people.
Honestly, would it be a huge surprise if this team ends up winning 5-6 games this season?
Effectively winning their way out of a top 5 draft position?

Were you talking about this year or the next three years?

Back
Top Bottom