If Miami Is Bad Enough To Get The First Overall Pick In The 2020 Draft... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Miami Is Bad Enough To Get The First Overall Pick In The 2020 Draft...

Should Flores be kept if Miami has the worst record in the NFL?

• Yes

Votes: 136 90.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 9.9%

• Total voters
Go get best qb in college and call it a day. That all u can do.

I thought this site wanted the 1st pick, and the only way to do that is to stink, so why would anybody in their right mind get rid of the coach?

I thought this site wanted the 1st pick, and the only way to do that is to stink, so why would anybody in their right mind get rid of the coach?
I think there are widely varying opinions here, but yes, schizophrenia does rear it's multiple heads at times.

A lot of analysis here... some really deep thought and complex verbiage... many of you with substantial knowledge backed up with percentages and Ivy League language skills... kudos to all...

I see a team of coaches that know what the roster needs and are doing what they can to build it... they get rid of a QB that wasn't the answer for years... bring in a veteran who has been, at least, productive enough to guide multiple teams to wins (experience) and traded for a guy that has potential (high draft pick) in nearly everyone's eyes (pre-draft) …… changed the defensive coaches and scheme and are focusing on fundamentals while putting the players in a position to play to their strengths

While all of the statistical knowledge can be useful or used to manipulate the point (percentages)…. I see a staff using the "KISS" method to find out exactly what we do have so when the time comes we will be in the best position to draft or acquire more of the "missing" pieces.... If what we have at QB is the answer, we are in position to strengthen any other position(s) we need to … If the QB isn't the answer we are in position to get another … we are in a win/win situation as a team for the first time in a minute... take a breath and enjoy the ride

We may not make the playoffs this year... but we should be a decent "cinderella" team with a few surprises in store for the league IMO

And NO... there should be no firing of the coaching staff this season regardless

To be honest I dont get why everyone think we are going to be bad this season. We just replaced the worst DC and a mediocre QB with someone at least cappable and a QB coming of a very good performance. If Fitzpatrick starts and Flores and his crew are at least cappable, it would not surprise me to see the team competing for a playoff spot at the end of the Season. If Flores can take the defense to a middle of the pack level with such promising young players I can see us being better than last year. NE won the Superbowl without a good pass rush. I can see us going 3-13 for sure but if Fitzpatrick plays at last years level and some injury luck among our roster a 10-6 is not a wet dream.

We have a shot … but it's hard to toe the line we're trying to toe. We want to give rookies lots of snaps, get them experience, but also keep their confidence and belief in the staff and system high. Losing puts a real dampener on morale and confidence, so we need to win some games.

My belief is that we'll see as much turnover next offseason as we did this offseason … maybe more. And if that's the plan--and it appears to be--then we can absorb a few more losses and maybe make a run at that top draft pick. IMHO, as long as we get one of the top 3 picks, we'll get the QB we need to make this system work.

Back
Top Bottom