IF Miami made the playoffs..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IF Miami made the playoffs.....

If we get to the playoffs ( no real hope ) it would be Joey that helped get us there so he starts. Also, there's no other choice.

Of course I would be comfortable with Joey at QB if we make the playoffs. Would you rather have us make the playoffs and tell Harrington thanks for getting us this far but we are going with Lemon in the playoffs? I don't think so.
Culpepper is not an option for many reasons.

DirkDiggler said:
Oh yeah and like I say every chance I get, Daunte isnt coming back to play for the Miami Dolphins. Ever! Next Fall I will be vindicated.

I think next Fall you'll be eating crow. Culpepper will get at least one more season with the team. The best thing for this team would be a three way competition at QB, and let the best player get the job.

I'm comfortable with Harrington starting next year in the playoffs also. You take a lot of his drops by the recievers and he would have been even better. I think you give him another offseason learning this system he's going to be even better than this year.

you guys know as well as i do that you dont need an all-star QB to win games. obviously it helps, but look at the giants-ravens superbowl in '01 and raiders-bucs superbowl in '03. rich gannon. kerry collins. come on! no great quarterbacks there, just lights-out defense. defense wins championships, and the way ours is playing right now, its not out of the question... playoffs, that is. theres no chance of advancing past the divisional game but even so, the playoffs are a longshot. we need cincy, jacksonville, jets, cheifs, and broncos to lose as much as possible. we hold tie breakers over the cheifs and titans, but not to the steelers, jags, or jets or bills (as of now), so we basically need a mircale

I would be very comfortable............on my couch.

How much confidence I have in Joey Harrington is another story. He is too inconsistent to make a four game run in the playoffs against the NFL's best. All it takes is one game of him throwing 2-3 picks and overthrowing receivers and we are done. I like his determination and I think he has a future in the NFL. I just don't think it's as the Miami Dolphins first string QB.

To be honest... If we could some how muster a killer runningame. We could win a superbowl with him.

Two things would have to happen for that.

1. our defense must play lights out and we can NEVER fall behind

2. Similar to one... But we can not afford to rely on Joey to lead us to victory, needing a TD and only having two minutes to score.

not sure why we keep posting on the playoffs. It would take more than a minor miracle to make it happen.

Harrington could not LEAD us in the playoffs ... and that is the difference with him ...

In the playoffs with solid defenses against the run ... like BAL / JAX and even SD ... the QB HAS TO MAKE PLAYS ...

and THAT is NOT Harrington's fortee ... we are winning now with DEFENSE --- do not be deluded into thinking that Harrington is leading us to victory ... and that's why I still maintain that our QB of the 'future' is not on our roster right now ... even if Culpepper heals and has an epiphany by next spring

As long as we have our running game, and can control the ball (no turnovers) I think we can match up with anyone, because of our D. I put our D right up there with the Ravens and Bears.......hopefully we still have a shot at a playoff spot if we go 9-7....but if not we should be all set for 2007. :tongue:

outlawd2u said:
How confortable would you really be with Joey Harrington at QB. I know there are a lot of Joey lovers here, but would you really feel at ease with Joey leading Miami into the playoffs with the way he's playing? I haven't really been too high on Harrington, I think he has one of the worst deep throws in the league, but he's been "Ok" I mean if our defense played lights out we'd have a chance to win any game, but I sure don't think I'd be too confident with Miami being behind, and having to rely on Harrington to drive downfield and get us a playoff victory. Actually I'd prolly be nervous as all hell, thinking something like......."Ok Joey you can do please don't screw this up, please don't do anything stupid"
Anyway...... how bout you???

Why worry about that? Who cares about the playoffs? Talk to me about the Bills. PERIOD.

I think you play the guys in the playoffs that got you their. If Joey gets us their, then Joey's the guy. Joey has been the QB for us while we beat 2 1st place teams this season, obviously he's capable of being the QB for us when be beat playoff caliber teams b/c he's already done it.

rvicious said:
Why worry about that? Who cares about the playoffs? Talk to me about the Bills. PERIOD.

Umm ok..... The Bills Suck!!! Now back to my topic on this post......

PHINANALYST said:
Harrington could not LEAD us in the playoffs ... and that is the difference with him ...

In the playoffs with solid defenses against the run ... like BAL / JAX and even SD ... the QB HAS TO MAKE PLAYS ...

and THAT is NOT Harrington's fortee ... we are winning now with DEFENSE --- do not be deluded into thinking that Harrington is leading us to victory ... and that's why I still maintain that our QB of the 'future' is not on our roster right now ... even if Culpepper heals and has an epiphany by next spring
Its not like Miami has a ****ty offense...we have a better overall offense than Baltimore and we are ranked only 1 behind Jax in the AFC...As far as defense goes, we are ranked better than Baltimore and Jax in terms of the entire NFL...So its not like these are shut down teams. I know Jags beat us, and even though our record doesnt show it, from rankings, we are just as good, if not better

Holy Crap listen to you guys! Look at Rex Grossman! He is leading the Bears to the playoffs and he blows!!! It is about the team. The Ravens won the superbowl with no quarterback at all. So for you to say Joey "cant" do it is obsurd.

Back
Top Bottom