IF Miami made the playoffs..... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IF Miami made the playoffs.....

outlawd2u said:
How confortable would you really be with Joey Harrington at QB. I know there are a lot of Joey lovers here, but would you really feel at ease with Joey leading Miami into the playoffs with the way he's playing? I haven't really been too high on Harrington, I think he has one of the worst deep throws in the league, but he's been "Ok" I mean if our defense played lights out we'd have a chance to win any game, but I sure don't think I'd be too confident with Miami being behind, and having to rely on Harrington to drive downfield and get us a playoff victory. Actually I'd prolly be nervous as all hell, thinking something like......."Ok Joey you can do please don't screw this up, please don't do anything stupid"
Anyway...... how bout you???
If Joey can help us get to the playoffs then i would be very comfortable with Joey and he would of earned it. Anything can happen in the playoffs and Joey has never been to the playoffs. And our defense would have to play lights out as they have been. So I would feel good. Heck I felt good when Feidler took us to the playoffs. Its a whole new season. And anything, anything can happen.

this year not so much, but next year after we get a better oline and he's been in the system for a full year I would feel much more at ease. so long as he keeps improving

Shamboubou said:
I'm comfortable with Harrington starting next year in the playoffs also. You take a lot of his drops by the recievers and he would have been even better. I think you give him another offseason learning this system he's going to be even better than this year.

You know... I would have to agree with you on this SHAM... BREES wasn't exactly the star when he started... As a matter of fact there were 2 years of controversy over him in SD... HE sucked and then all of a sudden he was there... Giving Joey another year may be all this team needs to do...

arsenal said:
but i dont think Indys d would be much of an issue, us stopping them would be more of a problem...

if we can get sammy morris to get 123 yards rushing on the pats then i think we can destroy their defense with ronnie lol.

FinsAreLife said:
if we can get sammy morris to get 123 yards rushing on the pats then i think we can destroy their defense with ronnie lol.

Agreed... The also gave up over 350 yards rushing yesterday!

FINintheMOON said:
You know... I would have to agree with you on this SHAM... BREES wasn't exactly the star when he started... As a matter of fact there were 2 years of controversy over him in SD... HE sucked and then all of a sudden he was there... Giving Joey another year may be all this team needs to do...

Very good point...I wouldnt mind at all seeing joey be our starter next year...

DirkDiggler said:
Holy Crap listen to you guys! Look at Rex Grossman! He is leading the Bears to the playoffs and he blows!!! It is about the team. The Ravens won the superbowl with no quarterback at all. So for you to say Joey "cant" do it is obsurd.

The Bears are basically a QB away from greatness. They have a good running game, good special teams and a great defense. Add to that the fact that Rex Grossman has had some games where he put up fantastic numbers.

Grossman had a terrible day and we beat them. Grossman had a terrible day and they still beat the Vikings. But Minnesota is a mess with thier QB so that doesn't say a whole lot. Point is that if Rex Grossman plays well they have a shot at a SB this year. If he stinks it up even ONE TIME against a playoff caliber team then they are done.

What is absurd is to think we will even be in the playoffs this year. While it's not mathamatically impossible it is still improbable. But it's also absurd IMO to think Joey Harrington could lead us deep into the playoffs with his current level of play, our special teams current level of play and our current running game.

darrensls1 said:
The Bears are basically a QB away from greatness. They have a good running game, good special teams and a great defense. Add to that the fact that Rex Grossman has had some games where he put up fantastic numbers.

Grossman had a terrible day and we beat them. Grossman had a terrible day and they still beat the Vikings. But Minnesota is a mess with thier QB so that doesn't say a whole lot. Point is that if Rex Grossman plays well they have a shot at a SB this year. If he stinks it up even ONE TIME against a playoff caliber team then they are done.

What is absurd is to think we will even be in the playoffs this year. While it's not mathamatically impossible it is still improbable. But it's also absurd IMO to think Joey Harrington could lead us deep into the playoffs with his current level of play, our special teams current level of play and our current running game.

I think we see Griese come into the game tonight... And if he does, DA BEARS are going to be hard to beat down the road... I only say this because I think BG is a much better QB than REX... He has everything it takes to lead this team to the bug dance IMHO...

FINintheMOON said:
I think we see Griese come into the game tonight... And if he does, DA BEARS are going to be hard to beat down the road... I only say this because I think BG is a much better QB than REX... He has everything it takes to lead this team to the bug dance IMHO...

I heard Griese got a LOT more work in practice this week :wink:

I agree with you that they should switch to him and the sooner the better. I think he would make less mistakes and manage the game better. I am from Chicago so even though they are not my number one team (Dolphins rule baby!) they do hold a soft spot in my heart.

Do what ya gotta do Luvie to give DA Bears da best chance ta win :lol:

DirkDiggler said:
Oh yeah and like I say every chance I get, Daunte isnt coming back to play for the Miami Dolphins. Ever! Next Fall I will be vindicated.
Keep hoping i guess.. if thats what you really want.... i'm rooting for whatever's best for the team and Losing Cpep and Hanging around a few years with Joey is not promising in my eyes.

outlawd2u said:
How confortable would you really be with Joey Harrington at QB. I know there are a lot of Joey lovers here, but would you really feel at ease with Joey leading Miami into the playoffs with the way he's playing? I haven't really been too high on Harrington, I think he has one of the worst deep throws in the league, but he's been "Ok" I mean if our defense played lights out we'd have a chance to win any game, but I sure don't think I'd be too confident with Miami being behind, and having to rely on Harrington to drive downfield and get us a playoff victory. Actually I'd prolly be nervous as all hell, thinking something like......."Ok Joey you can do please don't screw this up, please don't do anything stupid"
Anyway...... how bout you???

Joey's used to being forced to make big comebacks. He was forced into a lot of those situations in Detroit and that could be a big help IF we make the playoffs. He almost brought us back against the Packers and Jets. He's improving and he managed the game well against a top defense last time. At least he isn't as bad as Grossman.

Back
Top Bottom