IF Miami made the playoffs..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IF Miami made the playoffs.....

Butterfrog 2.0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
How confortable would you really be with Joey Harrington at QB. I know there are a lot of Joey lovers here, but would you really feel at ease with Joey leading Miami into the playoffs with the way he's playing? I haven't really been too high on Harrington, I think he has one of the worst deep throws in the league, but he's been "Ok" I mean if our defense played lights out we'd have a chance to win any game, but I sure don't think I'd be too confident with Miami being behind, and having to rely on Harrington to drive downfield and get us a playoff victory. Actually I'd prolly be nervous as all hell, thinking something like......."Ok Joey you can do please don't screw this up, please don't do anything stupid"
Anyway...... how bout you???

outlawd2u said:
How confortable would you really be with Joey Harrington at QB. I know there are a lot of Joey lovers here, but would you really feel at ease with Joey leading Miami into the playoffs with the way he's playing? I haven't really been too high on Harrington, I think he has one of the worst deep throws in the league, but he's been "Ok" I mean if our defense played lights out we'd have a chance to win any game, but I sure don't think I'd be too confident with Miami being behind, and having to rely on Harrington to drive downfield and get us a playoff victory. Actually I'd prolly be nervous as all hell, thinking something like......."Ok Joey you can do please don't screw this up, please don't do anything stupid"

He did win us 5 games unlike MR Culpepper

At best we win the wildcard game with Joey (I'm assuming you hypothetically see us with a wildcard). Couldn't go deep into the playoffs with him.

well we would get a wildcard game against the likes of NE, Ravens, Indy, Chargers...

we can beat NE even with joey, how he would do against the chargers or ravens D i dont know... but i dont think Indys d would be much of an issue, us stopping them would be more of a problem...

but we can win with him in obviously because we have this second half of the year, of course im not fully comfortable with him and dont think hes winning any games for us, but as long as he doesn't make mistakes the rest of the team can carry us to victories...

dominizzo said:

To be fair, both Culpepper and Harrington went 1 and 3 their first 4 games. We can't say yet with any certainty what the results would have been with a healthy Culpepper starting, but we will next year. Let's not start another debate, there's 15 on the front page already.

outlawd2u said:
Good thought...But even in arguing your case, we are thin at QB, who else would you put in, cleo? If we do make the playoffs, Joey deserves to be our starter and I would feel comfortable with him in there...

Truthfully, I would feel more uncomfortable with Olino kicking field goals than with Joey at QB

dominizzo said:

He also played a lot more games this year than C-pep did, but that's besides the point. This thread has nothing to do with Culpepper, I was trying to see how confortable people would be with Joey as our QB in the playoffs where the games get tougher, and the defenses play harder, AND the Pressure is a LOT higher. Basically if we had to rely on the QB to win us a game in the playoffs do you really see Joey being able to pull it off???

dolpns13 said:
Good thought...But even in arguing your case, we are thin at QB, who else would you put in, cleo? If we do make the playoffs, Joey deserves to be our starter and I would feel comfortable with him in there...

Truthfully, I would feel more uncomfortable with Olino kicking field goals than with Joey at QB

Oh I know Joey would be the only option if we did make it, I was just trying to see how confident everyone would be with him at the helm in playoff matchups. I wasn't trying to say someone else should start, or we'd be better off with Culpepper, just wanted to get peoples confidence level in the guy to win us a do or die game.

Seriously, I would just be happy that we were in the playoffs. How many more scenarios can be brought up to give us all a chance to explore Joey's deficiencies? This is just a more subtle way to get in some Joey bashing.

outlawd2u said:
Oh I know Joey would be the only option if we did make it, I was just trying to see how confident everyone would be with him at the helm in playoff matchups. I wasn't trying to say someone else should start, or we'd be better off with Culpepper, just wanted to get peoples confidence level in the guy to win us a do or die game.
Im confident in him...He just cant make stupid mistakes like throwing pics...If he doesnt have turnover...Im like 99.9% sure we would win

re:

I would be pretty comfortable. The guy is the QB of the team that's winning good games. And a few wins is all you need in the playoffs.

If we get there.

outlawd2u said:
"How confortable would you really be with Joey Harrington at QB."
Extremely comfortable. If we get to the playoffs, Joey will have one of the best winning percentages of any starting NFL quarterback for this season.

if our defense continues to play this way, and joey plays like he did yesterday (smart decision making, no mistakes), we could beat anyone. not to mention that we'd have ronnie back.

If we made the playoffs then I would bet my entire bank account of us winning the superbowl becuase that would mean that God himslef made the rest of the AFC go into the tank to makeway for the Dolphins. We would be a lock to win it all!!!

Back
Top Bottom