IF MIAMI PICKS 1st Rd: 3, 15 & 25 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IF MIAMI PICKS 1st Rd: 3, 15 & 25

Ehh I’m pretty sure Herbert has been replaced by Burrow. So at 3 if you like Tua/Herbert/Burrow then one will be there but I don’t think you settle for 3rd prize by taking who ever is leftover,take Chase young or trade back and continue to build the team. Settling just because you need a qb won’t end well if he doesn’t work out, that’s years you’re setting yourself back. Take the best player in the draft or get enough firepower to get your guy next year and use this year to build the rest of the team.

I’m down for taking Young. Then go for Eason in the 2nd.

We need as many olinemen as possible in FA.

With Tua and Young gone..

1A Herbert

1B Jonathon Taylor

1C Ruggs

2 rd. back to oline and a CB.

We need as many olinemen as possible in FA.

With Tua and Young gone..

1A Herbert

1B Jonathon Taylor

1C Ruggs

2 rd. back to oline and a CB.
Taylor?? He'll be there in the 2nd round and he's not the type of RB this coaching staff likes. They like RB's that can catch too.

The scouts are salivating over Herberts upside.

he started out slow Saturday but after that int where I think he read it man and lead the receiver instead of zone sit which is easily correctable he put together some serious quality nfl throws.

I’d personally like to see Oregon in the college football playoffs just to see him against the best but I think it’s probably gonna be penn state who has quality skill talent and deserves it or maybe Ohio state.

what I don’t want to see is Georgia again.
Sounds like you are really down on Fromm

In this particular scenario at #3, I'd think Miami will choose between Andrew Thomas and Derrick Brown. At #15, I'd think the best remaining QB perhaps Jordan Love maybe Desmond Ridder if either declare? If not, BPA. Finally at #25, I think this is where Miami takes a shot at Fromm; if for some reason they don't select a QB with either of the higher picks. If not, and If Grier, remains true to his word this pick, may be for sale? They could trade it off for perhaps another 1st or 2nd round pick in 2021? And perhaps a few additional picks in 2020? That's how I see it. I also believe Herbert could be the pick at #3 if he slides. Lord knows Miami's scouted this kid quite a few times over the past 2 seasons.
I can get on board with this - except in this scenario it has to be the sure thing LT or QB you love at #3.

Taylor?? He'll be there in the 2nd round and he's not the type of RB this coaching staff likes. They like RB's that can catch too.
I'm not so sure Taylor will make it to the 2nd round. And I don't know what the coach's like I haven't talked to them.

Taylor may be a bit of a reach, it just matters how high the 1b pick is, we don't know yet.

I'm not so sure Taylor will make it to the 2nd round. And I don't know what the coach's like I haven't talked to them.

Taylor may be a bit of a reach, it just matters how high the 1b pick is, we don't know yet.
Imo it’s QB OL Secondary. In terms of priorities...
QB early...
If the OSU CB drops little I would move up for him with Pitt pick
Targeting the Michigan Guard Bredeson Or Oklahoma Center end Rd1.

Imo it’s QB OL Secondary. In terms of priorities...
QB early...
If the OSU CB drops little I would move up for him with Pitt pick
Targeting the Michigan Guard Bredeson Or Oklahoma Center end Rd1.
If Okuda makes it to 1b I'm all for it.

Really like the Ok. center also. Tough to make these picks when we're guessing where we pick and who's available.

i do know we need OL bad, no QB or rb can have success behind this line.

The DT from FSU, Marvin WIlson is one player they should target in the first round. Hopefully Young and Wilson.

You're assuming Herbert or Tua will somehow drop to #3? I don't think either will, because that #2 pick will get a kings ransom if either Tua or for some reason Hebert goes #1. Miami may not have a choice but to select another position?
I know it a total crap shoot and so much is gonna chance in the next 9 months but I'm just curious who you think goes top 5 with trades. I see tua and Herbert 1 and 2. I'm not sure who I'm sold one more but just the way the NFL is. Now young I think is the best player but will be 3. Thomas at 4 makes sense doesn't matter what team. 5 is where I start to wobble. I need to know teams but this is where I see brown. It might be me but I don't see burrow top 5. You?

I know it a total crap shoot and so much is gonna chance in the next 9 months but I'm just curious who you think goes top 5 with trades. I see tua and Herbert 1 and 2. I'm not sure who I'm sold one more but just the way the NFL is. Now young I think is the best player but will be 3. Thomas at 4 makes sense doesn't matter what team. 5 is where I start to wobble. I need to know teams but this is where I see brown. It might be me but I don't see burrow top 5. You?
I think there is a good chance Burrow will go top 5, especially if a team decides to trade up to select in front of Miami, who at the moment is at #4. The 3 best defensive players Brown, Young and Okudah are all deserving of a top 5-6 selection. But as we all know the teams who are hungry for QB's will trade up to try to get in on the action, like they did in 2 years ago with Darnold and Josh Allen. I'm not sure how I feel about Burrow to be honest. He's certainly got moxie and leadership and looks like a good prospect. But there is another QB no one is talking about in Desmond Ridder of Cincinnati. Not sure he declares but the kid has a great arm, can run the read/option and built like a bull. He could throw a monkey wrench in this whole process if he declares.

Last edited:
I think there is a good chance Burrow will go top 5, especially if a team decides to trade up to select in front of Miami, who at the moment is at #4. The 3 best defensive players Brown, Young and Okudah are all deserving of a top 5-6 selection. But as we all know the teams who are hungry for QB's will trade up to try to get in on the action, like they did in 2 years ago with Darnold and Josh Allen. I'm not sure how I feel about Burrow to be honest. He's certainly got moxie and leadership and looks like a good prospect. But there is another QB no one is talking about in Desmond Ridder of Cincinnati. Not sure he declares but the kid has a great arm, can run the read/option and built like a bull. He could throw a monkey wrench in this whole process if he declares.
I put ridder in the same tier as love. I know there will be many that slam me for that cause the love for love is abundant. I do follow cincy a bit so I'm not totally naive. To me I don't put either in the 1st echelon. To me there's only 3. Tua, Herbert, Fromm. I can see a scenario they 1 - 3. Then young and brown. But still no burrow.

If we pick at 3,15 and 25, I think both Tua and Burrow could be gone. Cinci and maybe Jets/Giants/Falcons could be there at 2, and unless they crave Chase Young, I can see them trading back a couple of spots. Cinci will take a QB, and I can see Tampa or Denver trading up for Tua. Tampa in particular. If they do, Chase Young SHOULD be our first pick. If Tua is there at 3, then yes, Miami take him. That means IMO that the jets take Young if they cant trade back.

At 15, O Line, CB or WR. Thomas and Wirfs will be gone, so will Jeudy, WR Shenault from Colorado, OL Trey Adams from Washington, Bryce Hall or Kristian Fulton (maybe a bit high) but they are players who would start and have an impact straight away.

At 25, the bpa. Safety, guard, Centre QB/DE depending on the 1st two picks. Delpit, Biadasz, Nick Harris, Fromm...any one of those would be good.

I put ridder in the same tier as love. I know there will be many that slam me for that cause the love for love is abundant. I do follow cincy a bit so I'm not totally naive. To me I don't put either in the 1st echelon. To me there's only 3. Tua, Herbert, Fromm. I can see a scenario they 1 - 3. Then young and brown. But still no burrow.

lmao! Fromm, really?! Fromm isn’t a 1st or 2nd round QB.

Playing around with some draft simulators and us picking at 4.
1A
Jeffrey Okudah

1B
Justin Herbert

1C
BPA - WR or OT

This isn’t a 1 draft rebuild. We also have a ton of cap to sign free agents.

Back
Top Bottom