IF MIAMI PICKS 1st Rd: 3, 15 & 25 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IF MIAMI PICKS 1st Rd: 3, 15 & 25

Hard to see who we'll draft till after free agency and the combine. People always say to take BPA but teams draft for need all the time. Lot of things can and will change from now till April. For people talking about us drafting a guard or a center in the first round, I highly doubt that happens. I can see an OT but inside guys might come in free agency. After QB then DE/Edge and DB are big priorities.

Okudah won't be there with our pick from Pitt(as it stand now) but CJ Henderson and Adebo probably will be. Delpit should be gone top 10 also. Mckinney from bama could be there for our 3rd pick in the 1st round tho another safety from bama??

RB and Guard/Center think 3rd round. This is all just my opinion of course and I could be wrong unlike other people on this board that are always right about everything.

lmao! Fromm, really?! Fromm isn’t a 1st or 2nd round QB.

We share a dislike of Fromm but I’d absolutely roll the dice with New Orleans 2nd round pick if his hands aren’t tiny.

We share a dislike of Fromm but I’d absolutely roll the dice with New Orleans 2nd round pick if his hands aren’t tiny.

2nd round for sure. Idefinitely think Miami should draft2 QBs. I’m hoping that Eason drops to our NO 2nd round pick.

I’m really curious to see how the free agency plays out.

F/A is the key to the 2020 offseason and Draft. If Miami is aggressive, like Grier has said they'd be; it could very well mean they take a different approach during the draft? F/A is going to dictate how Grier potentially handles his selections. Miami, if you include the rollover from 2019, will have approximately $150m in cap space. That's about $50m-$60m more than everyone else, before cap cuts are made. Everything will be dependent on who is willing to sign with Miami. For arguments sake, let's say Miami signs the 2 top rated Olinemen and top rated CB. This should have a huge affect on what Miami does after selecting its potential franchise QB.

F/A is the key to the 2020 offseason and Draft. If Miami is aggressive, like Grier has said they'd be; it could very well mean they take a different approach during the draft? F/A is going to dictate how Grier potentially handles his selections. Miami, if you include the rollover from 2019, will have approximately $150m in cap space. That's about $50m-$60m more than everyone else, before cap cuts are made. Everything will be dependent on who is willing to sign with Miami. For arguments sake, let's say Miami signs the 2 top rated Olinemen and top rated CB. This should have a huge affect on what Miami does after selecting its potential franchise QB.

This is the most sensible approach and post on the subject. Once the FA is over, it will make their intenti8ns in the draft more clear and the debates will rage on both. Let’s just hope the front office don’t mess what is a great opportunity up.

So let’s assume Tua & Young are gone..
If we are sitting at 3, 15 & 25 would you prefer:

Option A: Best QB Available No Matter What

Option B: Andrew Thomas, we find QB 15 or 25
I think if Tua and Young are gone Miami goes with the best quarterback. Maybe that would be Herbert. Now if Tua and Herbert go back-to-back with the opening picks, the Dolphins might actually surprise us fans and take Young.

I do think the team has to get a quarterback with that first #1. It would be hard to sell the fan base on the fourth or fifth best quarterback from this class, a Love or Fromm.

Brown added to Wilkins would allow Miami to become the quintessential versatile front that Flores coverts. On early downs in an odd front Brown and Wilkins are your DE's. No one would be able to run on that. On passing downs they could move inside. I absolutely agree, Brown is a monster. I wouldn't rule him out, especially if Miami signs a CB in F/A.
If Brown makes it to that Pittsburgh pick (doubtful), I think he is seriously in play. I can't see it with Miami's first #1, though.

We need as many olinemen as possible in FA.

With Tua and Young gone..

1A Herbert

1B Jonathon Taylor

1C Ruggs

2 rd. back to oline and a CB.
Ruggs II is very appealing. With both Wilson and Grant somewhat disappointing, Miami could use a big-play wide receiver. I think after the combine he will be a fast riser and if the Dolphins want him they may have to take him with that Pittsburgh pick.

lmao! Fromm, really?! Fromm isn’t a 1st or 2nd round QB.
I like Fromm. I think he's a lot like a Kirk Cousins type quarterback. Scouts will likely view him as mid-tier, but he could excel in the right system. Perfect fit for New Orleans or New England and maybe Miami if we are running a Patriots type offense.

Spot on. The money Miami has is unreal. I don't necessarily like free agency because you have to overpay for the most part, but the Dolphins have the money. Plus, if they structure the contract to front load the money, it won't hurt the team when the young players drafted need to be paid. For that reason, I could see Miami actually chasing some stars. I like the idea of getting two starting caliber offensive lineman, but it depends who ends up as free agents.

Last edited:
I think Fromm is a perfect fit for Miami's offense. Depending on what happens with Miami's and Pittsburgh's picks, I think will determine what Grier does with Houston's pick. I don't discount Fromm as a late 1st round pick. As for Derrick Brown, I feel he's just too good to pass up, if he's available with the highest 1st round pick, especially IF Tua, Herbert and Burrow are gone. If Miami wins another game, they'll most probably pick in that 4-7 range. Again if Miami signs Offensive Linemen and a CB in F/A and all the QB's are gone, why reach for a lesser player?

There are rumors that Tua will stay in school especially if it takes him a little longer to recover from his injury. That means Lawrence and Tua in the same draft the following year, which means that the Dolphins can forego drafting a QB in the first round or perhaps at the Houston pick, and taking a shot next year with Rosen behind a much better offensive line and having had a year to learn.

There are rumors that Tua will stay in school especially if it takes him a little longer to recover from his injury. That means Lawrence and Tua in the same draft the following year, which means that the Dolphins can forego drafting a QB in the first round or perhaps at the Houston pick, and taking a shot next year with Rosen behind a much better offensive line and having had a year to learn.
Tua is coming out...Tua is playing saturday.....stop making crap up...

Ruggs II is very appealing. With both Wilson and Grant somewhat disappointing, Miami could use a big-play wide receiver. I think after the combine he will be a fast riser and if the Dolphins want him they may have to take him with that Pittsburgh pick.

I would prefer Jeudy but he’ll be gone by then but Ruggs looks a player as well so I can go with that. I don’t think we’ve considered getting a top WR when we should I think. A good QB needs at least one top reliable receiver which we don’t have but again the FA may play a hand in this as Dolfan91 posted earlier. Just love all this guessing until D day just hope we’re not disappointed cos this should be an entertaining year for fins fans with picks and the roster sparking loads of debates.

Spot on. The money Miami has is unreal. I don't necessarily like free agency because you have to overpay for the most part, but the Dolphins have the money. Plus, if they structure the contract to front load the money, it won't hurt the team when the young players drafted need to be paid. For that reason, I could see Miami actually chasing some stars. I like the idea of getting two starting caliber offensive lineman, but it depends who ends up as free agents.

I’d love to see a list of potential free agent s at the end of the year and im sure one of you knowledgeable people can post one. That would be another great discussion

Back
Top Bottom