If Miami trades down to the Mid-1st Rnd range, who do you think Saban is targetting? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Miami trades down to the Mid-1st Rnd range, who do you think Saban is targetting?

phinz_fan said:
Alexander isn't going anywhere - and certainly not for just a 2nd round pick !!:shakeno:

Both Indy and Seattle said they would consider 2nd rounders for Edge or Alexander. Its the long term deals that would kill the teams that make the trade.

SkapePhin said:
Id think if we trade down to the mid range, Saban will be targetting defensive help... (Derrick Johnson, Shawn Merriman, Antrelle Rolle, Carlos Rogers)

The top of the draft is O-heavy.. So if we trade down, alot of the bluechip O players wont be there..

Another possibility at mid-range is LT. Thoughts?

If we get minnesotas firsts...we need to get with the 7th Cedric Benson or Carnell Williams and at 18th Thomas Davis or Travis Johnson

shouright said:
Barron -- let's get our money's worth on Hudson Houck for crying out loud.

Thats def a possibility, if we trade down. :yes:

shouright said:
Barron -- let's get our money's worth on Hudson Houck for crying out loud.

If we trade down, he's who I want no doubt. The guys an athletic freak and a great pass-blocker, and IMO Houck could make a star out of the guy.

I like the idea of trading down but man to pass up what we so desperately need is hard to do IMO.

Draft Adrian McPherson!!!

FireInTheNole said:
I like the idea of trading down but man to pass up what we so desperately need is hard to do IMO.

Draft Adrian McPherson!!!

In the first?
clear.gif

Buddwalk said:
If we get minnesotas firsts...we need to get with the 7th Cedric Benson or Carnell Williams and at 18th Thomas Davis or Travis Johnson

you certainly know wat u talking about i like it i like it

stoody24 said:
if we trade down that far then he will prolly send the second rounder from surtain to seattle for alexander

unless ricky comes back

Ricky won't be back...and Alexander ain't coming unless he'll play for peanuts.

SkapePhin said:
Id think if we trade down to the mid range, Saban will be targetting defensive help... (Derrick Johnson, Shawn Merriman, Antrelle Rolle, Carlos Rogers)

The top of the draft is O-heavy.. So if we trade down, alot of the bluechip O players wont be there..

Another possibility at mid-range is LT. Thoughts?

IMO because the draft is so O-heavy, I think defense will be picked earlier causing alot of the O players to slide . Teams I think will beleive they can get the same type of value later on offense were as the the top D talent is scarce. It wouldn't surprise to see 2 of the top 3 running backs fall out of the top 10.

I think if he's available after we trade down it might be Merriman.

I thing one of the two out of Edge & Alexander could be traded. My guess is Alexander because I think the Colts believe they are too close and want one more shot with the current Offense and some more Dungy drafting. I think in light of Owens going to Philly for a #2 set the market for play makers. Let's not forget Faulk...he was traded for what...a 2 & 3rd or 4th?

IF Saban doesn't want to pick a RB that high...and he trades down and misses one of the big three...his second choice will be Spears. He loves the kid and KNOWS he can play.

It would be great to see us deal our #2 for the Vikes two #1's...AND pull the trigger w/KC for Surtain swapped for a 2nd...and then draft one of the RB's at #7 (Benson?) and package the lower Vikes pick with our current 3rd to move up and take Spears.

Love it.

Back
Top Bottom