If Miami trades down to the Mid-1st Rnd range, who do you think Saban is targetting? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Miami trades down to the Mid-1st Rnd range, who do you think Saban is targetting?

OK, let me squash the Alex Barron thought right now. We cannot draft him. It is written into Damien McIntosh's contract that we cannot draft, or sign any more LT's this offseason. Therefore, Barron, Barnes and the rest are out. Besides, Next year's draft is loaded with BETTER LT prospects. It is the RB spot ( in terms of depth ) of this year's draft.

I tend to agree with the poster that says if we trade into the middle of the round, we go defense. The top of the drafft is offense primarily and the middle is solid defense guys. We cannot justify an offensive pick in the middle of the round on anyone other than Smith, Rodgers, Brown, Williams or Benson.

I think, depending on where we would drop down too, we would be targeting James, Johnson, Davis and Rolle. At least one of these guys should be available into the middle of the round.

honestly I think that may be the hope...get a second for alexander and another first rounder in trading down...this year or next.That is my story and i am sticking to it.
just as i said we will trade out of our #2 first round pick.BUT hey it is all guess work.
I don't think saban wants to pay the $ it would cost a top 10 pick and he will trade out of it not, once but twice.

They said in the FinHeaven article that Saban has a "chart" which he would look at to see what would be fair compensation for Miami's 2nd pick....does anyone here know what this chart looks like? A mid and late first for our 2nd?, or a late first early 2nd, and maybe a 3rd? I would hate to pass on Ronnie Brown, but if we can get 2 or 3 for 1 on this trade that might be worth...emphasis on might.
:confused:

SkapePhin said:
Id think if we trade down to the mid range, Saban will be targetting defensive help... (Derrick Johnson, Shawn Merriman, Antrelle Rolle, Carlos Rogers)

The top of the draft is O-heavy.. So if we trade down, alot of the bluechip O players wont be there..

Another possibility at mid-range is LT. Thoughts?
Someone on defence

shouright said:
Barron -- let's get our money's worth on Hudson Houck for crying out loud.
I agree, but I have Khalif Barnes on my board as a better LT prospect to step right in and contribute! So I am going with Khalif Barnes if we trade down from 18-32???

forget drafting another o-lineman with the first pick. lets let houck work his magic. he made players out of 7th round guys.

if we were to drop to the mid-lower first round i think..... man, i would be completely confused.. we have so many places to do so many things... my guess is one of the "elite top 10 defensive guys" that kind of dropped... spears?

I think in the middle of the first there are a few good recievers to take a look at. Roddy White, Troy Williamson, and Clayton might be there. Williamson is a physical freak with a boatload of potential. On D i like Thomas Davis, Marcus Spears, Travis Johnson, or Merriman. EIther way I want a exciting playmaker. We need explosiveness, and game changing ability, not just solid players.

Roman529 said:
They said in the FinHeaven article that Saban has a "chart" which he would look at to see what would be fair compensation for Miami's 2nd pick....does anyone here know what this chart looks like? A mid and late first for our 2nd?, or a late first early 2nd, and maybe a 3rd? I would hate to pass on Ronnie Brown, but if we can get 2 or 3 for 1 on this trade that might be worth...emphasis on might.
:confused:

something kind of like this:

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/pick_value_chart.htm

GRT8 said:
honestly I think that may be the hope...get a second for alexander and another first rounder in trading down...this year or next.That is my story and i am sticking to it.
just as i said we will trade out of our #2 first round pick.BUT hey it is all guess work.
I don't think saban wants to pay the $ it would cost a top 10 pick and he will trade out of it not, once but twice.

Saban already made comments on both Edge and Alexander....they aren't coming here because we can't pay them! He also said that he wants picks, not trade them away. These comments were made during his interview with Joe Rose

if we end up around 10, a skill player,bit not any def ends.don't be shocked if we pick a big, physical ,fast corner or lb.if we drop to around 15 or so lets take the biggest, strongest, fattest nose tackle thats there,were week at the point of attack,with everyone hurt.if there is such a person to draft.

BPA is the correct answer.

I would say it depends on how far he were to trade down, if he is able. I really don't think he wants to move to #15 or anything like that - unless he got a ton of picks in return.

But, if he moves to the bottom of the top 10-12 - I think he'll target Ronnie Brown! That's b/c there's a shot he or one of the other RB's could drop there.

Sometimes the thinking on this board amazes me:

a) You DO NOT trade the second overall pick in the draft for a "mid" first round draft pick. You can't go any lower than seven.

b) This team lacks TOP NOTCH TALENT. We have mid level players out the you know what. We need to take the best running back or qb in the draft...simple.

c) We dedicated much of free agency on defense, why in the world would we trade down to get more defensive players?

The only way you can trade the second overall pick in the draft is if you get an insane offer. You do not trade it for a #15 overall and a second. That would be moronic.

Back
Top Bottom