If Miami trades down to the Mid-1st Rnd range, who do you think Saban is targetting? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Miami trades down to the Mid-1st Rnd range, who do you think Saban is targetting?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Id think if we trade down to the mid range, Saban will be targetting defensive help... (Derrick Johnson, Shawn Merriman, Antrelle Rolle, Carlos Rogers)

The top of the draft is O-heavy.. So if we trade down, alot of the bluechip O players wont be there..

Another possibility at mid-range is LT. Thoughts?

Wait till next year on LT.

i dont think he will trade down while targeting anyone. if he does trade down, he will get the best player he can with that pick.

i dont see him thinking... i can trade down to #18 and get ______. cus in the draft you can not count on your guy being there.

maybe the fins will pull a "Charger" and pick someone, only to trade them that same day.

if we trade down that far then he will prolly send the second rounder from surtain to seattle for alexander

unless ricky comes back

stoody24 said:
if we trade down that far then he will prolly send the second rounder from surtain to seattle for alexander

unless ricky comes back

even w/all the talk, I highly doubt Seattle gives up Alexander for a 2nd round pick.

stoody24 said:

unless ricky comes back

Alexander isn't going anywhere - and certainly not for just a 2nd round pick !!:shakeno:

A good WR will still be there in mid-first, but I would guess we would draft defense. I wouldn't mind Mark Clayton, Williamson, or White coming in as our 3rd WR though. Chambers did it his rookie year, and blew up. I could see Williamson having the same effect if we got him somehow. Whereas Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards would probably be our #2 reciever.

ch19079 said:
i dont think he will trade down while targeting anyone. if he does trade down, he will get the best player he can with that pick.

i dont see him thinking... i can trade down to #18 and get ______. cus in the draft you can not count on your guy being there.

maybe the fins will pull a "Charger" and pick someone, only to trade them that same day.

Any NFL team trading down/up would be tageting a few players. You may not be tageting a certain player, but to decide on what player you would take in the time you go on the clock without any previous thought would be a waste of all the time the team spent scouting. If he traded down to the 15th spot he could rank his top 15 players in order of value and take the highest value when he got to the pick.

Say for instance he had A. Barron ranked as his 12 best value pick and he was offered the 12th pick and decided to trade down. Your telling me he wouldn't think "at 12 we will get at least A. Barron and if he is gone we have a higher rated player still on the board." and trade down hoping he is still on the board.

At least give the phins credit of being a NFL team who ranks their players. The player he targets may be gone, however if that is the case he gains extra value by picking a greater value player by the phins rankings.

Barron -- let's get our money's worth on Hudson Houck for crying out loud.

I'd like to see us hook up with Tennessee. If they're really wanting to move up, we could get their 6, 37, and 68 for our 2. Plus, if we can get KC's 46 for Pat we'd have a lot of picks in the "value" range, 6, 37, 46, 68, 70, 104, 138, 179, and 216. We could even use one of our second day picks to seal up the deal with Tennessee.

RB RB RB..The best one left.Wer will regret not taking Ronnie Brown if thats the case.

taylorj99 said:
I'd like to see us hook up with Tennessee. If they're really wanting to move up, we could get their 6, 37, and 68 for our 2. Plus, if we can get KC's 46 for Pat we'd have a lot of picks in the "value" range, 6, 37, 46, 68, 70, 104, 138, 179, and 216. We could even use one of our second day picks to seal up the deal with Tennessee.

Problem is, Tennessee may be one of the worst teams in the league next year considering their losses this offseason. They are without question in rebuilding mode, and more than likely would rather stockpile picks than trade up for one player in particular.

IMO teams would will be challenging for a SB next year are the teams that are more likely to want to trade up.

SkapePhin said:
Id think if we trade down to the mid range, Saban will be targetting defensive help... (Derrick Johnson, Shawn Merriman, Antrelle Rolle, Carlos Rogers)

The top of the draft is O-heavy.. So if we trade down, alot of the bluechip O players wont be there..

Another possibility at mid-range is LT. Thoughts?

BPA

Back
Top Bottom