If No Trade, Shelton Will Be Cut | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If No Trade, Shelton Will Be Cut

Dolfan1000

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
According to rotoworld, if he is not dealt by June 1st, Arizona LT LJ Shelton will be cut. Would make a nice addition to our line IMO, considering some of us were interested in acquiring him in a trade in some sort of package for Surtain.

I think he is an upgrade at LT. I like this line:

Shelton-James-Hadnot/StClair- Carey-McDougle

And if not, at least as insurance in a backup role because lord knowns D-Mac has injury concerns.

Why wouldn't he be dealt? Why would they just cut him and get nothing in return? They could get something in return from a lot of teams.

I think we would have stiff competition from the Bills. Plus I think he will price him out of our price range. Still, its interesting.

I think they were referring to some sort of Travis Henry deal, which seems unlikely now with Arrington in AZ.

I think Buffalo will get him if he gets cut. Why go to Miami when there's even weaker competition in Buffalo.

I'm all for it. L.J. Shelton would be an excellent addition IMO. It also depends alot on what type of contract he will be looking for.

Because Florida is more similar to Arizona climate, and what I've heard from players, sometimes weather over weighs money, when it's similar type of contracts. Hell yeah, bring him aboard if the price is right.

Jaj said:
I think Buffalo will get him if he gets cut. Why go to Miami when there's even weaker competition in Buffalo.
But why go to Buffalo when Miami has a better coach, team, and weather?

there is no way we can afford this guy. it's a nice thought but we will be outbid for sure.

Regardless of Shelton, we get the benefit of being high on the waiver line this year due to 4-12 last season.

thecoordinator said:
there is no way we can afford this guy. it's a nice thought but we will be outbid for sure.
With a creative contract, we couls work something out. We have the money we saved from Surtain's contract. I am not sure how much will be left after we sign rookies though.

thecoordinator said:
No way???
Maybe there's someone. Arizona is looking for some bulk RB and RW may be trade in case he returns. So if this happens Shelton plus some pick in 2006 (3rd - 4th round maybe) in exchange for RW.

I think the dolphins should sign him as soon as he gets cut that be a rock solid addition to the line :cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom