if not the #1 pick then who with #2 with Tua drafted? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

if not the #1 pick then who with #2 with Tua drafted?

JEDIJ007

It's a trap!
Club Member
Reaction score
First off i’m all in for Tua #1 overall. But what happens if the dolphins end up with the #2 pick, and Tua i’d off the board #1. Who do you draft with our first 3 picks? I’m going to say Chase Young is a no brainer @2. But what do you do with the following 2 picks?

with Tua off the board who do you draft #2 and what do you do with the other 2 picks?

Trade down. If it were possible to the pick before the Steelers'. One of Burrow and Herbert might be there. If not pick the best OT/WR left.

Trade down from the Steelers' pick to 13-14. If you picked QB pick best OT/WR, or if you picked OT/WR, Fromm or Love might be there.

Trade down into the second with Houston's pick and then trade back into the bottom of the first from 33 if you find the trades to win value-wise. Pick whichever you're missing out of OT/WR.

Go with high floor great character guys. Sure fire starters. If you at least don't completely blow the picks, it's just too many of them to not get significantly better.

Trade down and enjoy tanking for Trevor/whoever emerges

Unless you think Chase Young is a franchise changing player I suppose

Herbert, fml...

Burrow is having a groupthink uptick in popularity. CK says he has a weak arm, I believe him. Faster and more accurate than Tua? Not even close.

Remember, only Tua can prevent quarterback mires...

Chase Young and then pool resources to trade up for Burrows. Herbert???? ...outside of Dan Fouts and to a lesser extent Drew Bledsoe, I'm hard pressed to name a highly drafted Pacific Northwest QB who came close to living up to expectations

If we do end up w the first pick and pick Tua or if we pick any of the top QBs after him except Love, I want our offense tailored after them. I want to poach some of the offensive staff and draft the players that helped succeed.

If we get Tua, I would go Jeudy/Ruggs and Leatherwood the rest of the way. No trade downs.

I would get Fromm's OT before him and so on w Burrow and Herbert.

I would take Chase Young even if the Dolphins have the first pick. He is the best player in the entire draft. Then the Dolphins trade both their remaining first round picks and a second round pick to trade up and pick Burrow.

Young. We’ll see how burrow does to finish the season. That may sway me. I wish Lawrence or fields were coming out this year.

I’m hoping this Burrow hype will raise his stock if the Phins aren’t picking 1st overall, that way the Bengals pick him instead of Tua.

Back
Top Bottom