if not the #1 pick then who with #2 with Tua drafted? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

if not the #1 pick then who with #2 with Tua drafted?

Well, I'd agree that if you're going to draft Young you better know what you're going to do with him. We drafted Minkah and two different staffs couldn't get the most out of him. A pass rushing DE is our biggest need on defense but the player has to fit. Of course when you try to find guys to play "your" system only then you'll be in trouble. A good coaching staff uses what a player can do instead of trying to get 22 guys that all fit one system.
If Miami did draft him, I'm hopeful they'll have a plan. That plan, I'd think, would include how or if he test out in LB drills at the scouting combine and in private workouts. Because without any ability to play LB in Flores defense, he may not be a player who gets the most out of his ability? Look at Taco Charlton, who knew the kid could play at OLB. If Young can do that OMG, Miami has themselves quite the combo?

If Miami did draft him, I'm hopeful they'll have a plan. That plan, I'd think, would include how or if he test out in LB drills at the scouting combine and in private workouts. Because without any ability to play LB in Flores defense, he may not be a player who gets the most out of his ability? Look at Taco Charlton, who knew the kid could play at OLB. If Young can do that OMG, Miami has themselves quite the combo?
yeah Flores likes players that can do different things so Young being able to do that would be big. I really don't think we're drafting Young tho.....I believe at either 1 or 2 they'll draft a QB.

I don’t see Tua leave college this year due to the injury if Bama doesn’t win the Championship. I also don’t see us getting the first pick.

I’d like to see Tua go to Atlanta. Sit behind Matt Ryan for a year or so - learn from one of the best - then get to sling it to a couple of Bama boys Julio and Ridley.

If Chase Young doesn’t fit your system you need a new system. If talent doesn’t fit your system - you’re in trouble anyway.

That kinda thing is so Chris Grier and the Lolphins. Bunch of idiots :lol:

I’d like to see Tua go to Atlanta. Sit behind Matt Ryan for a year or so - learn from one of the best - then get to sling it to a couple of Bama boys Julio and Ridley.

If Chase Young doesn’t fit your system you need a new system. If talent doesn’t fit your system - you’re in trouble anyway.

Slimm, I've read several tweets the last 2 days about that exact thing about Chase Young. You draft him and build the system to utilize his skills. It be a crying shame If Miami passed on him?

Think Young would play the Chandler Jones/Trey Flowers role in Miami, and I love the fit tbh. Young wins inside as well as outside, and that kind of makes him the best of both of them - a better version of Clowney. But, I'd swap those destinations. Young to an Atlanta team that just needs a new OC, DC, and a lot of help on D - and especially at Pass Rusher. Tua to Miami who has a ton of $ and picks in an offseason with an elite FA WR and elite WR class. For Tua, and as a Tua fan, I'll admit that Atlanta would be an ideal situation, though.

Let’s not over complicate it.
If Dolphins draft #1 it’s Tua. If Miami is at #2, it’s best remaining QB. I say Fromm. Others may argue Burrow, Eason, Herbert etc.
The pick shouldn’t be Young.
How’s Myles Garrett Browns?
How was JJ Watts Texans before Watson?
When did Reggie White finally get ring??

I think he's an NFL MOSTER @LB and Edge

and wherever in a Flores D!

You saw a tad of that this past game.

Obviously gets the kid more INTO the game

and just let his dominate athletics run wild and free!

Let’s not over complicate it.
If Dolphins draft #1 it’s Tua. If Miami is at #2, it’s best remaining QB. I say Fromm. Others may argue Burrow, Eason, Herbert etc.
The pick shouldn’t be Young.
How’s Myles Garrett Browns?
How was JJ Watts Texans before Watson?
When did Reggie White finally get ring??

I don’t think the front office is going to take a QB with the second or third pick just for the sake of drafting a QB. If they love the QB it is the obvious pick, but who says the value anyone but Tua? Tua is my first choice but I could live with Chase Young, Derrick Brown and Jordan Love in round one.

How is Chase Young not a scheme fit? He’s 6’5” 266, fast and strong. He reminds me a lot of Jadeveon Clowney, due to the freakish size, athleticism and dreads. And this FO made aggressive attempts to get Clowney before the season. He’s as scheme versatile defender as there is

let me correct the way I said it...this coaching scheme is looking for high motor, functional strength players who play their gap.

Young is best at the outside speed rush and has lots of room for improvement on functional strength and he takes a lot of plays off.

If we draft Young over a QB, Grier can go ahead and put in his resignation. Which actually might not be that bad of a thing.

If we draft Young over a QB, Grier can go ahead and put in his resignation. Which actually might not be that bad of a thing.

I think he’s gonna run by the qb in the pros at times but it’s the only weakness I see.

Back
Top Bottom