If Oakland Offered Two 1st Rd Picks Should We Do It?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Oakland Offered Two 1st Rd Picks Should We Do It??

why we just don't give our 2nd rd this yr and our 2nd next yr for Carr

Gruden traded Khalil Mack and took a ton of heat for it in Oakland.

Even though Khalil didn't want to play in Oakland Jon will be very careful and smart about this years draft.

If we are in-fact rebuilding in a year that there isn't a must have QB this would be a move we couldn't refuse.

Stephen A already stated the KM will not be a first round pick.

Trade two firsts to move up to 13?? Who do the Raiders so desperately want at 13?

This is a pipe dream.

I'm with @superphin , this is an easy yes. But more likely is that a team realizes we're stockpiling for next year and offers us their #1 this year and the rest of the picks next year, which I would also take in a heartbeat.

Yeah, I'd definitely take 2 of his 1st for our #13 pick. It's not going to happen though. Gruden has been tanking to get picks, he's not going to foolishly give them away like that. He is probably going to tank one more year, then start trying to win for good once he hits Las Vegas. Oh the job security of a 10 year contract, LOL. If he doesn't turn this thing around for the Raiders, it's not for lack of investment.

Impossible. But I would trade them the 13th for their 24th and 2nd round #4 pick, and snag Simmons at 24, if nobody else gets him by then.

But I'm willing to bet them Aints are wantin' to get back into the 1st round pretty badly, so there's likely a swarm of picks to be had there...that's where I'd focus first.

Flip it they give us a 2nd rounder this year and first next year then you bite.

The pick should be available, but I would prefer stockpiling the picks for 2020.
Trade the 13, then focus on oline and dline if possible this year if the right players are available

I would sit until it's my turn to pick and I'm officially on the clock. Then, I'd see who was on the board for me to pick versus whatever trade offers may present themselves. Then, let's presume Kyler Murray is there. If Murray is the guy Grier wants and there's a conviction that this kid is the franchise go get him. Murray looks to me like a Russell Wilson type athlete with a bit of Baker Mayfield in there, maybe in a touch of Mahomes. If I'm Grier and Flores I'd be elated to have a QB like Murray. Maybe we even bring in a low cost vet to start right away and back up the kid so he isn't forced into the starting lineup before he's ready.

I would sit until it's my turn to pick and I'm officially on the clock. Then, I'd see who was on the board for me to pick versus whatever trade offers may present themselves. Then, let's presume Kyler Murray is there. If Murray is the guy Grier wants and there's a conviction that this kid is the franchise go get him. Murray looks to me like a Russell Wilson type athlete with a bit of Baker Mayfield in there, maybe in a touch of Mahomes. If I'm Grier and Flores I'd be elated to have a QB like Murray. Maybe we even bring in a low cost vet to start right away and back up the kid so he isn't forced into the starting lineup before he's ready.
I'm sorry, but if you doubt he is a day 1 starter, you don't take him in the top half of rd1.

I couldn't find any reputable draft "guru" that has him going in the first round.

You make a statement about how Grier, and Flores would be "elated".

Do you have any reference to this? Any statement by either of them, or are you just projecting your own opinion unto them? Serious question, as I haven't seen anything indicating that.

Back
Top Bottom