If Oakland Offered Two 1st Rd Picks Should We Do It?? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Oakland Offered Two 1st Rd Picks Should We Do It??

Are you in politics?

You made a statement, that had little basis in fact, then moved the goal posts when called on it.

Then, indicated that I was the one being dishonest by using the term reputable.

Really????

This makes no sense. You said nobody reputable has him going in the first, I provide several reputable names who have him going in the first, and now I’m the one “moving the goal posts?” :lol:

This makes no sense. You said nobody reputable has him going in the first, I provide several reputable names who have him going in the first, and now I’m the one “moving the goal posts?” :lol:
I'll tell you what.

Go back to your original post, replying to me,, and point out what part of it was factual.

All I said was you were mistaken.

I suppose there are those that have him going in round one. That, as far as I'm concerned, speaks more to the lack of QB talent than it does to anything else.

His size alone is a huge red flag to most football ppl.

Yes, some players have been somewhat successful without being prototypical, but there are very few.

I'll tell you what.

Go back to your original post, replying to me,, and point out what part of it was factual.

All I said was you were mistaken.

I suppose there are those that have him going in round one. That, as far as I'm concerned, speaks more to the lack of QB talent than it does to anything else.

His size alone is a huge red flag to most football ppl.

Yes, some players have been somewhat successful without being prototypical, but there are very few.

Sure thing.

I haven’t seen a mock that doesn’t have him going in 1st, including mocks by Walter, Mayock, Zalis, and Rang.

There you go, the factual statements are bolded. As I quite clearly noted in the follow up post, I meant McShay, not Mayock. Is that what you're focusing on? :lol: I apologize profusely for the simple mistake of typing a different name that started with the same letter. Here, I'll fix it for ya:

I haven’t seen a mock that doesn’t have him going in 1st, including mocks by Walter, McShay, Zalis, and Rang.

Fortunately, that one minor error does not in any way negate the rest of the post, unless you can prove those other's don't have him going in the first. Hey, maybe they've updated their mocks in the past couple hours and moved him out, but I doubt it. I've also seen it in nearly every other mock I've come across. I'm sure there are some that don't have him going in the first, but plenty who do.

So I have to think you are mistaken.

As for his size, of course it's a concern, never said it wasn't, but his production is too damn good despite that fact. Would I be upset if they opted to go DL or Devin White instead? No, but they damn well better plan on being shitty enough next year to get one of the top QBs in 2020.

Well, hell yes! In a heart beat. BUT there is a better chance of Miami winning the Super Bowl next year than this happening.

why we just don't give our 2nd rd this yr and our 2nd next yr for Carr

Because Carr is a mediocre QB who is making waaaaaaaaaaay too much money next year? It doesn't make sense to bring that on payroll if the team is tanking.

Because Carr is a mediocre QB who is making waaaaaaaaaaay too much money next year? It doesn't make sense to bring that on payroll if the team is tanking.
just something throw out there. Carr need new start. his money is lot.

The potential for a trade down from #13 could be much improved, thanks to the rebuild. All of the NFL knows Miami's open fire business. Getting Oakland's 2 late 1st would give Miami a serious chance at getting both an offensive guard and defensive lineman. Allowing for a quicker rebuild IF the right players are selected. That extra pick would loom large.

Sorry all, I've been away, but when I posted this I was thinking of something Gruden said years back about the Great Pat White-we drafted...Lord. I'm going to try to dig it up and post it. He said something to the effect of,"This is the future of the NFL" I could be wrong, but the trade up for Oakland would be for Kyler Murray.

If Gruden offers the 2 of his lower first round pics to move up to 13 and gave the fins a 2nd rounder next year, would you do it? Or should Oakland give us more compensation.. Our 13 for their two 20's 1st rd plus a 2nd in 2020.?

I'd take that deal. The only time you don't take that deal is if Murray is there and you want to draft him, or perhaps Lock if he's the preferred option. I guess a defensive player might also come into contention as a reason to stay at 13, but as far as I'm concerned if this deal is offered we should take it. With those late first round picks we should be able to get two starters to help the rebuild, and their second next year has value as well.

Mach2-I said if I were Grier and Flores I'd be elated. I have no idea is Flores even likes Murray. I am projecting my own opinion. In the end I say that we should also bring in a low cost vet as a back up. Remember Mahomes sat for a season and I think he's an amazing QB so I don't know about these hard and fast rules like you never take a QB in the top half of the first round unless he's your day 1 starter. That is simply your opinion. BTW some mocks show Kyler Murray to the Dolphins at 13, others have him going #1 so I don't know what gurus you follow.

Back
Top Bottom