If one play summed up the current state of our team, it may be this one | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If one play summed up the current state of our team, it may be this one

AnthonySabaNFL

Active Roster
Reaction score
If one play summed up our season so far, it may be this one (sound on). Max protection can't slow down 5 rushers, OL on their butts, an open Gesicki but it doesn't matter, Rosen running for his life and gets destroyed by Quinn, which should've been a penalty. Ugh.

That’s called pin ears time for the pass rush. Not sure why miami would be running max protect pa I assume very late in the game with long developing primary concepts to begin with.

Your selling the qb and the protection out to dry. The d could care less about any possible play fake action lol

It’s meet me at the qb!

Love your stuff @AnthonySabaNFL , and thanks for this one. I appreciate you pointing out that Gesicki was poised for a huge gain but the OL was atrocious. Ballage simply doesn't want to block. Deiter isn't used to playing LT so he locks onto the outside guy not realizing in time that he needs to pick up the delayed blitzing LB. Just so much bad about this play.

But one good thing is that it does not appear that this play was a designed rollout. Rosen peeled back as he saw Ballage out of position and about to get beat, so good recognition on Rosen's part to read that pressure before it arrived. Not a great idea to toe-tap the sideline for an extra foot and open himself up for a big hit … but he's young, and he'll learn.

The one thing I hate most about the tank is not giving Rosen a fair shot.
Quinn gave him a pretty good shot on that play.

Not out of the question he is on the roster next season even if the coaches haven't seen enough to commit.

Back
Top Bottom