If one/two of those picks is a CB...oh, the irony. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If one/two of those picks is a CB...oh, the irony.

Might as well do something to earn that $82 million other than routinely surrendering half a dozen catches for about a buck-twenty-five - when he's not standing on the sidelines nursing an injury.
He gave up a lot of big plays last year for sure.... big disappointment

Teacher here. That's not technically ironic. However, most people don't actually understand the subtleties of the definition and many things that are more poetic justice are colloquially referred to as ironic.

Kodi nox
Not techinically...but looking toward the future of a top salaried CB who isn't playing any better than an UDFA, giving him the mic to possibly announce his replacement is irony in a nutshell.

Teacher here. That's not technically ironic. However, most people don't actually understand the subtleties of the definition and many things that are more poetic justice are colloquially referred to as ironic.

Kodi nox

While you're correct, I always tell people that words mean whatever they are genuinely understood to mean and not their definition.

Words are used to convey meaning, if used incorrectly by many people to the point where you still know what the person means when saying it, that altered use becomes a valid use for the word regardless of definition.

While you're correct, I always tell people that words mean whatever they are genuinely understood to mean and not their definition.

Words are used to convey meaning, if used incorrectly by many people to the point where you still know what the person means when saying it, that altered use becomes a valid use for the word regardless of definition.
I have a word.

Malarkey.

He is not correct...

As a teacher, he would know there are different types of irony. It's not just......IRONY......sitting on an island as the only inhabitant.

In this case, I could argue that "situational irony" was used.

"Situational irony is the irony of something happening that is very different to what was expected."

-Examples:
-----a fire station burning down
-----a police station getting robbed
-----A high-paid CB announcing another CB that is a high draft pick.

Back
Top Bottom