If pete can do it..so can ANY of us!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If pete can do it..so can ANY of us!!

DBoston80

Undisputed #1
Reaction score
My list of over/underated players all star team!!

QB'S
Donovan Mcnaab- Never is held accoutable when he performs bad IMO a terrible big game player

Kyle Boller-The guy has a top 3 OL a top 3 RB and still plays awful..although he finished last year looking better.

RB'S
Clinton Portis- Did okay in yardage but he had an awful lot of attempts ypc dropped dramatically!!

Willis Mcgahee- averaged 70 yds per game..and not a huge factor in the passing game, and yet SOME people think he is gonna carry their team???

TE
Jeremy Shockey- This is the easiest one BY FAR for me!! why this guy gets the credit he does is beyond me, he has huge drops and doesnt produce the big #'s that about 5 other TE's do who are better.

WR'S
Lavernous Coles- As a finfan I loved the trade with Washington atleast Santana can return punts!!

Hines Ward- He is solid and clutch but his production has and will continue to drop...time for double teams hines!! Although I like his passion for the game.

Dennis Northcutt- LOL if any of you saw the contract the clowns gave him..you'd know what I meant!! A James Mcknight wwith return skills.

Marty Booker- Hate to say it..hope Im wrong but man the guy just doesnt impress me(please prove me wrong)

DL

Aaron Smith- benefits greatly from an aggressive scheme wich allows him to get decent numbers

John Abraham-to one dimensional right now you gotta do more than get sacks

Simeon Rice- Also too 1 dimensional and only forced one TO this year with 40 tackles....not worthy.

Greg Ellis- why is this guy in the Pro Bowl??

LB's

Morlon Greenwood- Ofcourse he jumped on that offer Dom Capers is trying to outsmart himself there!

Ray Lewis- he still is making tackles but for what many consider the best def.player in the game..you gotta make more BIG plays..last year 1 FF, 0 int's

E.Hartwell- basically with all the attention on ray and company..you shoukd do better than that

DB's

Chris Mcallister-I agree with C.Chambers on this one

Champ Bailey- for being the "best" he sure got torched alot

Anthony Henry- This guy was beaten for ATLEAST 8 td's and abused all season...so he goes and gets a 13 million dollar signing bonus??

(Sam Madison saved himself from this list with an impressive year last season)

Kicker- They change like the wind!! Grmatica from the best to a backup..might be Mare.......

..too tired to finish the rest....later ya'll:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

how can you list mcgahee?...he didnt even play a whole season
dont agree with mcnabb either

where is vick and roethlisberger?

I dont agree with a few of those. Donovan. Playing throughout the playoffs without his starting wide recieved. Not overrated. Hines Ward. Great reciever. The man makes big time plays when his team needs it and now that Plexico is gone hes gonna get alot more balls. Chris Mcallister. Not the overrated player on the ravens D. Shoulda put Gary Baxter. This guy is part of a great D and is still always getting burned. Ray Lewis. He plays in the 3-4 defense meaning there is always a lineman in his face and still he always seems to get the tackle. He is gonna do wonders in the Ravens new 46 defense.

Slappy8800 said:
how can you list mcgahee?...he didnt even play a whole season
dont agree with mcnabb either

where is vick and roethlisberger?

Well they both took their teams to the confernce championship games not bad for a guy who is a one man offense and a rookie..

Mcgahee avg.4.0 yards a carry wich is not bad but far from great 70 ypg??

Mcnaab is a top 10 QB but he had a few horrific nfc title games and a sh-tty SB and you never hear anyone call him out(except his own teammates) either he is a media darling ar people because of Rush Limbaugh are afraid to speak the truth

DBoston80 said:
Well they both took their teams to the confernce championship games not bad for a guy who is a one man offense and a rookie..

Mcnaab is a top 10 QB but he had a few horrific nfc title games and a sh-tty SB and you never hear anyone call him out(except his own teammates) either he is a media darling ar people because of Rush Limbaugh are afraid to speak the truth

dont know what you read or listen to but the media was all over Mcnabb in the super bowl here in Jersey

as for leading there teams to teh championship....Mcnabb has done it 4 years in a row!!! and 3 w/o a big WR to throw to

Dolfan99 said:
I dont agree with a few of those. Donovan. Playing throughout the playoffs without his starting wide recieved. Not overrated. Hines Ward. Great reciever. The man makes big time plays when his team needs it and now that Plexico is gone hes gonna get alot more balls. Chris Mcallister. Not the overrated player on the ravens D. Shoulda put Gary Baxter. This guy is part of a great D and is still always getting burned. Ray Lewis. He plays in the 3-4 defense meaning there is always a lineman in his face and still he always seems to get the tackle. He is gonna do wonders in the Ravens new 46 defense.

..Gary Baxter is a Cleveland Brown
..Hines is good but he'll have more defenders eying him
..see above for Mcnaab
..Ray is still great but to maintain your "best" title you gotta be top notch every year

Slappy8800 said:
dont know what you read or listen to but the media was all over Mcnabb in the super bowl here in Jersey

as for leading there teams to teh championship....Mcnabb has done it 4 years in a row!!! and 3 w/o a big WR to throw to

..but 3 with a great Defense that carrried that team..and every year he choked in those games except he had 1 good game in the title game and a sh-tty SB!! And all I heard was excuses about him being sick..didnt hear much critisizm from the bigwigs over at ESPN

DBoston80 said:
..Gary Baxter is a Cleveland Brown

I forgot they got rid of Baxter, thank god though. Rolle is gonna be one great replacement.

DBoston80 said:

It was 70 yards per game because some games we left the running game completely. EX. New England game on Monday night. He also left early in the Cinci game.

He is one of the only RB's to have 3 consecutive 100 yards games, and had a 100 yard games in 7-11 games he started and played in. Coming off a devasting knee injury where the coaches said at the end of last year he wasnt even 100%, I would say that is pretty impressive.

The only reason you mentioned him is because you are trying to stir up trouble with bills fan. He is hardly overrated come on now.

BillsCA said:
It was 70 yards per game because some games we left the running game completely. EX. New England game on Monday night. He also left early in the Cinci game.

He is one of the only RB's to have 3 consecutive 100 yards games, and had a 100 yard games in 7-11 games he started and played in. Coming off a devasting knee injury where the coaches said at the end of last year he wasnt even 100%, I would say that is pretty impressive.

The only reason you mentioned him is because you are trying to stir up trouble with bills fan. He is hardly overrated come on now.

...He is overrated if anyone thinks he (RIGHT NOW) is a pro bowl RB.....he played well and is good but some people think he's ready to lead the league in rushing..all im saying is slow down he has to crawl before he can walk...Im not tryin to stir up trouble W/ anyone people will disagree thats why I wrote it to get point of views..

...By the way if I wanted to stir up Bill's fans I would mention the word SUPERBOWL..........you guys are kinda touchy on that subject:D

You werent alive the last time the dolphins won a superbowl or did anything significant so I dont know where your getting at...

He very well could be a pro bowl RB the people who are saying he might be (national media) think so because they have seen a Bills game besides the two each year that you see.

He will be two years removed from his injury which is how long it usually takes (example Edge) he is stronger, faster, and bigger from all reports so far. Has been training hard down in Miami working on getting his speed back.

You dont want to mention that he COULD be a probowler next year but are ready to annoint Ronnie Brown as the next Walter Payton (not directed at you personally, just many fin fans)

BillsCA said:
You werent alive the last time the dolphins won a superbowl or did anything significant so I dont know where your getting at...

He very well could be a pro bowl RB the people who are saying he might be (national media) think so because they have seen a Bills game besides the two each year that you see.

He will be two years removed from his injury which is how long it usually takes (example Edge) he is stronger, faster, and bigger from all reports so far. Has been training hard down in Miami working on getting his speed back.

You dont want to mention that he COULD be a probowler next year but are ready to annoint Ronnie Brown as the next Walter Payton (not directed at you personally, just many fin fans)

..hey i respect his hard work to get back on the field..but it is what it is...4.0 ypc and 70 yds per game are solid but not top of the line!!!

..As far as potential and what I have saw...there are a few backs like Julius Jones who I would rather have than Mcgahee..

..and as far as "reports" go we hear how improved and impressive Derrius Thompson has been in the offseason every damn year!

..And i see alot more NFL games a week than you believe that...and I see talent but dont mortage the farm yet..IMO the jury is still out!

..I hope R.Brown is good but I cant say he "WILL" be anything.

Back
Top Bottom