If Ricky comes back, would those who will not forgive him stop being Dolphin fans? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Ricky comes back, would those who will not forgive him stop being Dolphin fans?

Speak for yourself.
Schleprock said:
Such liars....if RW comes back, and Miami made the SB and/or he lit things up again and was obviously a catalyst (which he most likely would be if that happened) you know all these people would be back chapping his arse :rolleyes:

It's football, and although it stang for awhile...whenever I watch something showing Ricky as a Dolphin I can't help but wish he was back. Ricky was one of the greatest player acquirings in Dolphin history, followed by his performances. No one here can dare say they don't remember the enjoyment of that press conference and his initial season with us!

SkapePhin said:
Just wondering how it would work.. I dont know if I could continue supporting a team if I loathed one of the main players on it..

So guys, if you hate Ricky, how would you view the team and your fandom if he comes back and plays for the Dolphins?

I would think if Zach, Sam and Jason can forgive him and forget, the rest of us should as well, but I can only speak for myself.

Personally, if what he did helped at all drive Wannstedt out the door and helped bring on Saban, I want to thank him.

If you think about it by missing last year he saved a years worth of abuse on his body from Wannyball which is a good thiing.

Also, if him coming back saves us from spending the #2 pick in the draft on a runningback and paves the way for Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers....I'll be very happy.:D

honestly, I was disappointed that he let the team down, however, he did the franchise a HUGE favor. Dave is gone, the rest of the coaching staff is gone, we're actually headed in the right direction, and we have a coach that gives away nothing. All this was possible because of Ricky Williams. I knew that this team would've never went anywhere with Wanny and Jay, and this is exactly what needed to happen to get this team on the right track.

Tough guy??? Never said that at all...No trust issues, just won't forgive him so speak for yourself. :) What do we all have to agree with you??? I don't, seriously if he comes back I will be a fan but I don't have to like it. It's a single opinion and my choice just like yours is to easily forgive someone that quit on your favorite team. So my opinion is that you must not be that big of a fan if you will be chaping his a$$ so eagerly IMO. like I said, just my opinion.
Schleprock said:
whatever "tough guy". You obviously have trust issues with people.

Can we please, please stop these Ricky threads......This is ridiculous. Whatever happens with this will happen and you or I do not have any control what so ever so please let it go. When Ricky was playing it was some of the best football I have seen in my life. He breaks one and your heart starts to race, something I have never seen out of a RB being a Dolfan since the 80's. Ricky made this mess and I pray that he pays for it and I'm not talking about the 8 + Million that he owes either! I hope this is just a smokescreen from Saban and he sends his sorry *** elsewhere. I am almost done reading Sabans book and its amazing....It's all about team work and team chemistry so I'll tell you now ricky just won't fit in to his plans unless he has a lobotomy.

The_Phish said:
Ricky made this mess and I pray that he pays for it and I'm not talking about the 8 + Million that he owes either!

Real classy :rolleyes: Cause Ricky deserves so much personal pain for quiting his job.

Some of you people are worse off mentally than RW.

I am not being overly emotional or anything about this matter. I am just stating facts. I have an 800 square foot room in my home devoted wall to wall to the Miami Dolphins. I love the team. I could never root for another. I haven't missed a game in ten years except when my brother got put into a coma during our Monday night loss to the Jets this year and our at home game against the Patriots in 2002 that was during my Grandfathers funeral. A lot of those games were before Directv. I have driven hundreds of miles just to sit and watch them play on TV. I get to a game every year. I've spent hours in a snow storm driving so I don't miss a game. I ordered a cable channel one time just to catch a scrimmage. BUT>>>>>>>>

If Ricky Williams returns I will not be back here until he is gone. I will not watch a game. I will check the scores. I will wish the best for our guys. My wallet stays closed. My support is gone until he is once again out of a Dolphins uni........

Schleprock said:
Real classy :rolleyes: Cause Ricky deserves so much personal pain for quiting his job.

Some of you people are worse off mentally than RW.

Did I say personal pain.....Did I make any threats...No I don't think I did. Let me clear it up for you since you can't read what I meant to say. I feel Ricky should pay for screwing my team over. I think he should be broke, unhappy and miserable! There is that better.

If I was ever going to stop becoming a fan last year would have been the perfect oppurtunity (actually I live in New England and 2001 would have been a great time to become a Pats fan) but I was in front of that TV every Sunday watching us lose LOL. Even if the game wasn't on TV I went to the sports bar to watch it or listened to it on NFL field pass. This is what fanship is all about. It will be very gratifying for me to see the fins win a Super Bowl.

The point is I would never let one guy or episode sway my fanship. That is fu***ed up.

poornate said:
I am not being overly emotional or anything about this matter. I am just stating facts. I have an 800 square foot room in my home devoted wall to wall to the Miami Dolphins. I love the team. I could never root for another. I haven't missed a game in ten years except when my brother got put into a coma during our Monday night loss to the Jets this year and our at home game against the Patriots in 2002 that was during my Grandfathers funeral. A lot of those games were before Directv. I have driven hundreds of miles just to sit and watch them play on TV. I get to a game every year. I've spent hours in a snow storm driving so I don't miss a game. I ordered a cable channel one time just to catch a scrimmage. BUT>>>>>>>>

If Ricky Williams returns I will not be back here until he is gone. I will not watch a game. I will check the scores. I will wish the best for our guys. My wallet stays closed. My support is gone until he is once again out of a Dolphins uni........

Not even watch games? Thats a little drastic dont you think? You are letting one man ruin the joy you get out of Dolphins football and the support you give for the 50+ other guys on the team?

FiN.in.RI said:
Way to change your title.. :rolleyes:

I'm gonna find out if your IPs are the same..
Huh? Do whatever you feel you need to do :rolleyes:

My God, what is with people online?

Back
Top Bottom